Suggestions to improve current systems.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Here's a list of slight changes that would make the game feel much better.

1. Make searching for trinkets easier, for instance search for the stat you want under the trinket section and you're set. Also may help to search for metal and gem type options.

2. Take RNG out of the game, this includes weakspot but ill bring that up next. For starters concentration should be changed. It's a hard system to change but my thought is to lower damage when you're hit instead of a fizzle chance.

3. Daggers. Make them less crazy damage but more reliable. The damage wasn't this high on them in mo1and weakspot rng just makes winning or losing feel bad because of it. Instead you can lower the damage but make them have armor pen, still the same roll but no rng.

4. Make pets fun. Right now pets aren't fun to use or fight. Some pets need to take more PP and some need less damage or health but some need more damage or health. The main issue though is the beastmastery skill. There's no real reason to use most skills. In fact it's rewarded to not use them because it lowers your dps. Instead make it so the damage is low normally but the skills are actually useful and fun and fluid to use. This would make fighting with and against pets more fun. O and also fix pets getting stuck in houses and such. O also if that's all fixed make it so pets level way faster but only in actual use like when you gain clade and make them revivable by spiritists if they bond after they reach 125.

5. Tower shields aren't fun. It's hard to think of a way to fix them without making them useless but one suggestion I heard that I think is best is make them lower movement speed and not just a little it has to be like 10-20% minimum. I think you could actually get away with 50% and they still would be used consistently for defense which... makes sense.

6. Necro. I just got necro and... let's be honest necro's it's op. Mostly imo because of the zombies. They are not fun to use or fight against. Takes all your mana and a lot of time to get them up and running and it's temporary which is annoying and it makes you feel rough as a caster with the less mana regen and they are a pain to control but they also are basically free kill/s. Imo they need to be simpler and easier to use but also much less powerful. Perhaps limit the amount but make them all summon instantly and have a long cooldown? Perhaps lower the damage or speed? There's a lot of ways to do it but choose one.

7. Guild tlc. Hopefully this is in with TC but they need to have the ranks do... anything. Internal doors or chests that only x rank can access for a start. They need guild priests too and guild colors even if it's just very basic. The guild colors alone would change battles from a confusing mess to clean and clear. Ally chat would also help some.

8. Everyone hates the spinning. There is one way to fix it. Make the animations clearer to read. The right and overhead on a 1h already are really hard to read without animation hiding, same with spear/polearm thrust and right. If the swing was really obvious which direction it was coming from the spinning would stop. I know it doesn't matter because it's only in duels and those are meaningless but still it just is dumb and and scares people away but more importantly is just a symptom of poorly designed animations. I am meaning really damn obvious like hand way out to the right or way up in the air. Ya realistic fighting wasn't obvious but that's because it was for hiding the direction of the swing irl and you can react easier irl to a swing and are trained to do so back in the day instead of noobs playing a game.

9. You have promised a wall of shame forever. It should be in game imo so everyone knows. This alone would desolate the sketchy community. It would be really bad looking for a guild to have many of those so it would be shamed by all.

10. Hide what things are made out of and get rid of the max weight penalty or make the difference in weight more obvious. In mo1 it took months sometimes to develop certain recipes. From bow, weapons, and armor, to food. People put in the work and they were rewarded by being the only one selling something unique and their side of a fight having an advantage. Now... why would I put in that much effort? A, they lowered the skill cap of crafting by lowering the min's and maxes of everything from damage differences to weight and swing speed. They took out the off pieces of armor. Then on top of that if I developed something for a month all it would take for someone to instantly have that is for one person I sold it to too die. For example reptile carapace was terrible in mo1 so the vets didn't craft with it in mo2 and would have been at a disadvantage except we were like damn this guy is taking less damage wonder what armor he has, o look boom instantly knew... dumb. This is especially bad with food since it's more that can be added but doesn't matter since the food system isn't really in game and sucks, another on the list of things to fix I guess.

11. Revert the Int change. We all know Henrik simped for a noob who didn't even understand the magic system and why it worked but most don't know what was wrong or why it was better the way it was. What was wrong is at the time you could bypass armor negatives on mana regen by resting and even worse you could tap rest and immediately cancel it and still gain mana. One person who was new to the game and only had a week on mage suggested the int curve was the problem. Henrik instantly changed the int curve without even realizing the actual issue with mana regen they fixed later. The reason why we should revert it is simple. Magic builds used to be really variable. There was the hybrid with low mana but some regen and still solid magic, this could be used on all races. Paladin could also be used on all races and was no mana regen low mana still solid magic. Dex mage had full regen solid mana and solid magic. Then fat mage was huge mana and damage. Now you'd think making the int curve the way it is now would improve the choices but in actuality it just makes a clear obvious choice meta. You can't hybrid or paladin as effectively on any race but human. Fat mage and dex mage are meaningless because you can have a mix of both. The gain from the extra int isn't enough for people to go full int crazy like it was and the clear and obvious choice is bulging sheevra. Ya you can run some meme builds like skeletal sheevra or bulging Ogmir but that's out of pure stubborness not logic. They have almost the same damage as an obese Ogmir fat mage used to have but they have the second highest run speed only second to veela and not by enough to matter. This is also what makes magic feel kinda broken because fat mage damage on a dex mage isn't the way to go.

12. Fix the rep system. It's too easy to murder count for no reason and it's too easy to get rep back to matter. But my bounty hunter system. stfu no one cares. The 2 people who use it will be sad that they have to go out of town to hunt people? ok. Let them be sad. Back to 5 mc's and you're out of all towns till you are back under 5 and make it so you get a huge prominence loss when you drop a wardeck but can't wardeck guilds too small compared to you which can easily be done by the guild rank based on people in it like mo1.

13. Awu surge needs nerfed and needs to be visually obvious when it's being casted and what it's hitting.

14. Ultimeci can be exploit killed. This needs fixed and the people who exploited it banned and all the gold and mats from that deleted.

15. Spiritism is kinda boring. Idk add more too it for spells in the real world, and make it so you can actually banish each other without aimbot?

16. You had graves of players in mo1 that should be not only re implemented with the old names but new ones as well as they come. You promised.

17. imo spears are kinda boring. I think halve the damage but double the speed of stab would help. Not a big priority just feels clunky.

18. O and finally GM's they need a clear set of rules not just better tools and this needs to be public. For instance the reviving pets. This is handled differently depending on the GM and some always are no even if it's a clear bug that shouldn't be punished like stuck in a house it walked near and some are always yes even if the pet was lost in a pvp battle.

Sry for the wall of text. There's a lot to fix with this game and I am sure that's not even half just a few things that would make it feel better. Obviously TC would be the thing that makes the game an actual game with a game loop though so not a priority but something to work towards.

BONUS: If a skill has been unlocked make it so you can make a build with it and switch between skills and builds for gold in a city. Make sure this doesn't include or has a LONG cd for crafting so it doesn't affect the economy but this would make everything feel better and have a new gold sink.

Last edited:
Reactions: Serverus and Rahz

Piet

May 28, 2020
Updated with suggestions from people. Thanks. Anyone else have any feel free to send them to me or comment here.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
9. You have promised a wall of shame forever. It should be in game imo so everyone knows. This alone would desolate the sketchy community. It would be really bad looking for a guild to have many of those so it would be shamed by all.

I like that

Piet

May 28, 2020

I like that
Me too. If you have any other suggestions feel free to mention them so I can add them

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The INT change was terrible for build diversity. I remember making a detailed forum post about how to do it properly, and they straight-up simplified it with a lazy ass solution. I regret even making that post.

The spinning melee is dogshit . I could take the time to be "really good" at it, but I just don't even care. Its not fun and feels terrible doing it. Experiencing that killed all the hype and motivation I had to do melee. It didn't happen too often in group fights, but it does in small scale. Imo this is the biggest issue with the game right now. It needs reworked.

Pets are the second biggest issue. Game feels like Ark. Its fine to have pets as some kind of support, but when they are your main source of damage while you do circles on a horse...its a problem. Its insane to me they did this again with how aids pets became in MO1. I'm pretty confident this isn't going to change though, pets will always plague the game.

Tower shields need to be deleted from the game entirely. Its one of those "it looks cool and its a cool idea", but is just plain bad for the game. The only change they could do is make them slow you down severely as you suggested. Sprinting around full speed with that in your hand and a 1h axe spamming people with daggers is stupid. Remember lion shields in MO1 pre-nerf? Yeah, thats what we have now. SV learned nothing from that.

Daggers. Remove RNG weakspot. It doesn't belong in this game. Been saying that since MO1. Massive RNG burst damage doesn't belong in a "skill based full loot mmo". If you want daggers to be meta, the upcoming poison should do that just fine.

I think I just kinda agreed with what you said for the most part, but yeah. Its fun to make these posts, but I seriously doubt the "balance team" will take any of this into consideration. It seems the game is going in the direction of pumping out more and more content, rather than finish and fine tune existing ones. Henrik promised MO2 wouldn't be this way by the way.

It will be interesting to see how effective the PTS is and how much they listen to feedback there.

Reactions: Piet

Piet

May 28, 2020
The INT change was terrible for build diversity. I remember making a detailed forum post about how to do it properly, and they straight-up simplified it with a lazy ass solution. I regret even making that post.

The spinning melee is dogshit . I could take the time to be "really good" at it, but I just don't even care. Its not fun and feels terrible doing it. Experiencing that killed all the hype and motivation I had to do melee. It didn't happen too often in group fights, but it does in small scale. Imo this is the biggest issue with the game right now. It needs reworked.

Pets are the second biggest issue. Game feels like Ark. Its fine to have pets as some kind of support, but when they are your main source of damage while you do circles on a horse...its a problem. Its insane to me they did this again with how aids pets became in MO1. I'm pretty confident this isn't going to change though, pets will always plague the game.

Tower shields need to be deleted from the game entirely. Its one of those "it looks cool and its a cool idea", but is just plain bad for the game. The only change they could do is make them slow you down severely as you suggested. Sprinting around full speed with that in your hand and a 1h axe spamming people with daggers is stupid. Remember lion shields in MO1 pre-nerf? Yeah, thats what we have now. SV learned nothing from that.

Daggers. Remove RNG weakspot. It doesn't belong in this game. Been saying that since MO1. Massive RNG burst damage doesn't belong in a "skill based full loot mmo". If you want daggers to be meta, the upcoming poison should do that just fine.

I think I just kinda agreed with what you said for the most part, but yeah. Its fun to make these posts, but I seriously doubt the "balance team" will take any of this into consideration. It seems the game is going in the direction of pumping out more and more content, rather than finish and fine tune existing ones. Henrik promised MO2 wouldn't be this way by the way.

It will be interesting to see how effective the PTS is and how much they listen to feedback there.
I doubt they will implement it but they have looked at some of my posts before and then claimed the idea as their own so who knows XD