Suggestions and ideas to improve/fix the economy for longevity

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022
Hello fellow Mortals,

I'm posting a thread to reverberate ideas on how to improve Mortal Online 2's in game economy, as I am gravely concerned for its current longevity. I know the ship has already sailed, but I believe there is still time to rectify things if we want this game to succeed for years to come.

Resource and Crafting Balance:
a) A single spider drops enough crepite for 20 bows, and dense crepite is only mildly better (5%?)

b) Crafting progression is fundamentally broken and stale. Becoming GM with only using bone tissue and full grain for virtually all armor and weapon crafting is a sham. In ultima online it was a huge accomplishment to be 100 in a crafting skill. I cannot believe SV didn't add a restriction where low tier mats can only get you to a certain threshold. getting to GM crafting should have required steel, heavy carapace, etc.

World Market Regionalization

a) MK has access to everything necessary to make steel, and this shouldn't be so. Why is this!? Granum should come from the East, Saburra should come from the west, Calx should be deposited in the north and south. The same could be said for other crafting materials as well, but steel and tungsteel production has the most lasting effects.

What else can you guys think of that can be improved upon?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Until people stop duping the economy will always be fucked.

Cant fix what you cant police.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I agree that leveling crafting is too easy and that resources are too plentiful. Alone is basically what kills the economy I mean economies are based on trading and when every player is a grandmaster crafter there's no reason to trade. Gathering is too easy to bot or multibox. I wouldn't doubt that 90% of resources on this game come from people with 10 account mining all at once.

As for MK steel nerf I disagree. Calx and Saburra are both far away and if you've ever tried to mine there for more than ten minutes you'll be greeted by a mounted archer.

How to fix the economy. The only way I see at this point is adding more hard to obtain crafting books. Crafting itself is too easy to level and meaningless and it's too late to fix. Need more rare book and rare mat drops outside of just pressing r and going afk for 8 hours