Suggestion to make Mage feel more fun to play and more effective

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
If two fighters are fighting but the other has a naked mage team mate, the mage can easily hard carry the fight. The fighter can easily block the other fighter but he cant block the magic.
you are describing a 2v1 where one player in the team of 2 happens to be a "naked mage" and wonder why the other team is in a disadvantage.
if that mage would happen to instead be a naked FF with the starter sword, 50 arrows and a crepite shortbow, do you think the odds would be different ?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Would it be better if the mage supporting the fighter against another fighter wore clothes? At least then the magic man would be less demeaning during the 2v1
A mage gets their best weapons regeared very easily which is one issue outside of how they function in PvP.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
you are describing a 2v1 where one player in the team of 2 happens to be a "naked mage" and wonder why the other team is in a disadvantage.
if that mage would happen to instead be a naked FF with the starter sword, 50 arrows and a crepite shortbow, do you think the odds would be different ?
Much different since arrows do less damage then magic when you wear armor, are a high skill floor to use, and uses stamina instead of mana meaning its hard to kite as a archer. Plus that archer cant heal the fighter which will be getting 2v1d. Archers are a detriment in the main fight unless you have number advantage as the only thing they are decent at is securing other peoples kills or DPS.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Much different since arrows do less damage then magic when you wear armor, are a high skill floor to use, and uses stamina instead of mana meaning its hard to kite as a archer. Plus that archer cant heal the fighter which will be getting 2v1d. Archers are a detriment in the main fight unless you have number advantage as the only thing they are decent at is securing other peoples kills or DPS.
so a naked mage can parry all day but a naked FF with a bow somehow needs to kite ?
it's a 2v1 and the double bigger group will always have the better odds, no matter the composition.

if you want a fair comparison, make a 1v1 mage against FF (with bow - FF can ALWAYS afford a bow). I am betting on the FF

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
It depends on what the fighter is wearing. If its two fighters in Steel+ the crepite shortbow may hit pretty low. And if they are running around fighting he will miss a lot more. Magic unlike the bow doesnt care how good his armor is, and has no velocity so its easier to hit a moving target.

But bows are next in line to magic, in over performing for the low cost. Crepite bows are WAY too good for what they are. I just want gear cost and power to be fair across different 'class' styles.

Comparing to melee. An Emalj sword is completely terrible the second they arent naked. But an emalj bow is barely worse than crepite. And crepite is wicked good. And even dense crepite, still isnt wroth much, and is barely better than crepite.

I just want it so that a sub 1g gear mage or archer is as bad as a 1g gear fighter. But they are way better.

And obviously a 2v1 is always op. But its annoying when they can have extra players who are risking virtually nothing, and still contribute a decent amount. Aka archers and mages. but naked fighters / complete garbage tier gear fighters, hit barely any damage and die super easy.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
so a naked mage can parry all day but a naked FF with a bow somehow needs to kite ?
it's a 2v1 and the double bigger group will always have the better odds, no matter the composition.

if you want a fair comparison, make a 1v1 mage against FF (with bow - FF can ALWAYS afford a bow). I am betting on the FF
You cant parry with a bow, you would have to change to another weapon so you are basically melee or taking damage if you dont run.

Mage cast with weapon put away so all they have to do is turn back to use the shields equipment hits or switch to their weapon with is a shield to parry. Its twice as long to switch and if they do switch then they are just a melee.

If you are using a bow then your are a detriment to your team. They are quite strong when the enemy has low tier armor but at around molarium they drop off hard and are not viable agaisnt steel as they do between 16-20 damage against steel. And getting head shots for the WS is only a solution on paper. mages cant take more advantages of opportunities in group fights as they arent stuck in place like a archer needing to put away the pull of the bow to move with out wasting stam. So as a mage you can strafe to find opening in your line to get shots or heals off.

Bows have a issue with being low cost. I can farm 10k crep and 10k sponge wood in a couple of hours and have enough bows for a month. They are very good untill you hit molarium but still possible to do ok damage but steel its a hard wall.

Still cost more then a mage but not no where as much as a fighter.

The main difference and why people arent saying archers arent broken as much as they are saying is because there is a moderate to high skill floor to land shots with which not alot of people are doing and armor directly nerfs their damage. Also its harder for a archer to chase you down as they cant shoot while moving so you can use a tree to get cover to bandage while a mage can carry a outburst with them to peak.

Reactions: Jatix

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
People seem to forget that a mage with less than 10 silver in gear can do enough damage to kill a fully geared fighter if the fighter cant do anything about it. If two fighters are fighting but the other has a naked mage team mate, the mage can easily hard carry the fight. The fighter can easily block the other fighter but he cant block the magic. He cant bandage to try and heal because the fighter can hit him, and he can get corrupted. And he definitely cant attack the mage because he will just run and waste stam.

Or if the lone fighter was winning, the naked mage can just spam heal the fighter, easily turning the fight again.

Now if this was a naked fighter team mate instead of a mage, hed be completely useless, doing no damage and dying in liek 2 hits if attacked. and he has to get close to do damage, unlike the mage, so hes actually at risk.

I keep on saying I would loooove to see these uber mages, can't ever seem to find the videos you guys watch.

Why not do a 2v2 experiment. Each side gets 1 one very well equipped FF with good PvP skills. Then the one side gets the best PvP FF we can find, but he runs naked with an avarage weapon (Cuprum or incisium)

Then the other side gets a noob fat mage with no armour. (because the FF fan boys keep on saying there is no skill required to play a mage, so let's see the noob stomp roll the best PvP FF)

• Love
Reactions: AssassinOTL

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I keep on saying I would loooove to see these uber mages, can't ever seem to find the videos you guys watch.

Why not do a 2v2 experiment. Each side gets 1 one very well equipped FF with good PvP skills. Then the one side gets the best PvP FF we can find, but he runs naked with an avarage weapon (Cuprum or incisium)

Then the other side gets a noob fat mage with no armour. (because the FF fan boys keep on saying there is no skill required to play a mage, so let's see the noob stomp roll the best PvP FF)
How many videos do people need to post of them playing a hour of mage winning?

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I've played the game, I know how OP mage is 2v1. When me and my friend attack anyone he usually always would do noticeably more damage than I would. They can parry me and have armor. Their armor does nothing vs his fulm flame strike/t lash. VS if my friend was another FF or archer, they may be able to avoid not getting stickied and run, can try to get parries, etc.

Mage isnt op 1v1. Its the second you out number them in any way, your mage can do literally whatever they want with no resistance. Being outnumbered is always bad. But when its mages it has more weight. And, mages have the lowest risk, and the least amount of counter play. Which is the problem. If you are out numbered by fighters you can still try to parry them, and your armor works. Mages just ignore your armor. If you go for them they just run away and waste your pathetic amount of stam you have in this game, making their team mates be able to kill you ez after you stam out. You can run and heal if they chase because they dont use stam to attack, and can block healing. All while they can be naked with na few silver in regs, doing full damage to ogh.

Reactions: Tzone

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
if all these FF think mages are so OP then i look forward to you playing it in Persistence, you make the weakest and squishiest class seem like the best thing in the game.... almost impressed if i didnt see through all the BS

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I posted about how Belegar was committing a straw man fallacy of misrepresenting the argument, earlier and got censored . Great moderation here. Still the same issue with MO1 coming to MO2.

Last edited:

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
I posted about how Belegar was committing a straw man fallacy of misrepresenting the argument, earlier and got censored . Great moderation here. Still the same issue with MO1 coming to MO2.
first you used that wrong because you don't understand that, also you suffer from Confirmation bias and Cognitive Dissonance. Also you made a lot of False Equivalencies like posting mage videos of when you would go beat up the new players in a stress test and slapped "OP" on mage lmao

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
if all these FF think mages are so OP then i look forward to you playing it in Persistence, you make the weakest and squishiest class seem like the best thing in the game.... almost impressed if i didnt see through all the BS
Playing mage sucks for everything else. But for group zerging they are the lowest risk high reward class. But thats why I want them to heavily rework magic, and why I complain about it. Its one of the least fun things you can play in the game for having an overall good experience. Horrible 1v1. Horrible pve. Horrible farming.

But does damage through armor, with a soul bound spellbook, that only needs a few silver in regs. and can go fatmage to only mounted zerg and absolutely clap anyone you get to zerg, with unblockable undodgable magic (undodgable, meaning if the mage is good and doesnt miss theres nothing u can do to not get hit).