Suggestion: Strategic magic (for siege or massive battle)

Sain

Jan 29, 2022
Hello,

For the future sieges. I would like to suggest siege oriented magic.

The principle: mages group together to cast significantly bigger spells, with a leader mage that aim it and every mage that contribute their control and mana.

The effective spell casting skill would be the addition (or a more complex formula) of the group' members e.g. ecumenical.

Thus, 10 mages would be able to launch a spell up to 1000 ecumenical, something powerful enough to damage a castle wall as good as a siege engine.

Just a game-play suggestion.

PS: I am new so I don't know all the gameplay features that have been promised.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
I like your idea, but it will need a lot of fleshing out.

A group of mages that cast like a Breach Wall spell, that takes 5mins to cast.

Could be fun.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Reminds me of a Ashes of creation concept Q&A where they talked about groups of the same class gathering for large siege abilities. For the life of me I can't remember the specifics other than a group of summoners summoning and controlling a massive rhino siege beast and some sort of magic shield wall. Always thought the idea was neat.

If they decide to keep the weather control concept of elementalism in it would be cool to see groups of mages battling over the weather for a magic boost while the siege happens around them.

That being said I think that is just a neat concept while in practice would be an absolute nightmare giving way more power to the side that is already favored as a win more mechanic instead of one that could be fun and dynamic.

• Haha

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
I think this could work with Elementalism school or staff magic. The idea of a group of mages working together to siege a keep wall sounds intriguing. Great idea!