Suggestion: Stop notifying about new items added

Nishkin

Oct 2, 2021
Royal Bank Of Tindrem
Hello, Nishkin here.
I've been playing for some time and boy I would like to say that the game is so fun, especially with the added survival element, the huge map all the plants and things around the map. I noticed that some of the most interesting things for me are exploring and surviving the harsh landscapes of Nave. Goin around bandits and unfriendly players, being lost for days exploring the jungle etc...
My suggestion is to stop proving information of newly added plants, items, herbs and in general in game mechanics, I know this sounds a bit ridiculous but hear me out.
Now days all games are kind of "mapped" for a minimum amount of time, everything to be known is already known and information is out there lying in some either community made or even game made Wiki, couple of clicks away.
That's very boring per my understanding for a fun play, and Mortal really differs from this with it's added hardness, lack of map and even the map that is online is so out of scale that it is just fun to get lost because of it.
So please if you can in your next releases keep some secrets about all the items you add, plants, herbs, trees even animals, I think it would be very fun for the community to struggle a bit and do some scavenger hunt or just by a coincidence to stumble upon a new sponge or a shroom :)

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
They should say when things are added, doesn't mean they have to say where.

There have been too many wild goose chases in the past for things that were not in game (and sadly never came to be) but were hinted at in lore and its no fun to chase the holy grail just to learn 2 years into your quest that it was never there to begin with

Reactions: ThaBadMan and Tzone

Guildark

Mar 24, 2021
I both agree and disagree here, there are many cases where, as an alchemist, I have gone around the map looking for newly added ingredients and it was really quite fun and I'm sure the community has had fun finding all the new and interesting items added, but this is very tedious after EVERY patch taking a trip around the world. It's just not very economic to take a 5 hour trip every 2 weeks to MAYBE find something. It's also a pain to see an item we know should be collectable and there's just no interaction with it. Nahuat was in the game for weeks to my knowledge without the ability to pick it in the slightest. It was very frustrating. Argus sponge was in the game aswell but not gatherable. When they make theses changes it is very nice to know, hey I can actually collect that now, rather than being disappointed every single week.

Reactions: Raknor

Nishkin

Oct 2, 2021
Royal Bank Of Tindrem
5 hours trip every 2 weeks sounds like fun to me, and I think that you as a Grand Alchemist can benefit from travelers and especially gatherers for most of the herbs out there. And also it would be very interesting if only the Alchemists could know the locations of some very very rare herbs.
This could be also combined with some randomness on the place where they spawn, time of the day, possibly a season if they implement seasons ofc.
So let's say that if they release secrets every 2 months, it can be more manageable to go around the map and discover them (or not :) ) .
I didn't knew that most of the herbs are already generated just not available to pick. Nave is such a strange place...
Maybe there could be some secrets I guess in that case which are in release but not mentioned, this way the lore of the stories can become bigger and more exciting!

Guildark

Mar 24, 2021
5 hours trip every 2 weeks sounds like fun to me, and I think that you as a Grand Alchemist can benefit from travelers and especially gatherers for most of the herbs out there. And also it would be very interesting if only the Alchemists could know the locations of some very very rare herbs.
This could be also combined with some randomness on the place where they spawn, time of the day, possibly a season if they implement seasons ofc.
So let's say that if they release secrets every 2 months, it can be more manageable to go around the map and discover them (or not :) ) .
I didn't knew that most of the herbs are already generated just not available to pick. Nave is such a strange place...
Maybe there could be some secrets I guess in that case which are in release but not mentioned, this way the lore of the stories can become bigger and more exciting!
It's stated by Henrik that we will have much more during release. They were waiting to release Argus sponge on release but I guess decided to go ahead and do it.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
I completely agree with you Raknor, the only case when it is fun chasing the holy grail is when you find it :)

It is not about finding it, its ok if someone else finds it - its about never actually having had the chance to find it in the first place

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

There have been too many wild goose chases in the past for things that were not in game (and sadly never came to be) but were hinted at in lore and its no fun to chase the holy grail just to learn 2 years into your quest that it was never there to begin with
All old timers know this slightly too much sadly.

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
I was experimenting with fishing a lot in MO1. Most frustrating thing was when you realize that the thing you are experimenting with is bugged but you dont know it. I agree there should be some secrets, like let us find how to fish that specific fish, but how can we experiment with bait, rod, deep, time of day... if the fish is not there (bugged). If they announce that something is in the game, make it work. Make it there. Mortal Online is a lot about discovering and it is a lot about bugs. Those two things just dont go together.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021

That's within the spirit of MO though. The whole point is to look for materials that may or may not be there, not to be hand held through the game. No one knew growth/shrink food existed in MO1. Could you imagine the applause upon its discovery however? That's the way it should be going forward: not knowing something exists, stumbling upon it and learning its uses. It's what gives that satisfying, rewarding feeling to the hardcore players.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
So please if you can in your next releases keep some secrets about all the items you add, plants, herbs, trees even animals, I think it would be very fun for the community to struggle a bit and do some scavenger hunt or just by a coincidence to stumble upon a new sponge or a shroom :)
It might be enough to say that a number of a type of item have been added (ex.: "three new plants"), without saying which. That gives those who are searching a chance of knowing whether they've looked long enough for the new addenda.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Lol remember diving into the water in Mo1 Tindrem and finding scrolls and everyone wondering wtf they were for and then we find out that they aren't even going to be in the game. Yes this pretty much sums up why not knowing what items exist in game isn't fun. Actually I like knowing where they are too for the same reason I don't like treasure hunting but to each their own.