[Suggestion] Remove ingredients list from meal name

Remove ingredients list from meal name?

• Total voters

Khazdin

Jan 30, 2022
Most of ingredients are listed in the name of the resulting meal. So it is impossible for chef to have his "secret" recipe of some type of meal. It would be much more immersive and entertaining if there will be no ingredients list in the name of the cooked meal.

What do you think?

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I have to ask, if naming something as the Chef wants to call it is an option, and letting the game list the ingredients is an option, is anything going to keep the renaming obvious? It's distinctly not very important, but while I wish someone would take up making "RatOnnaStick" or other
pSMlKWe.png

Suspiciously Delicious Meat Treats ™ ,​
if the name is a list of ingredients I'd want to be able to tell if it was altered or unaltered.

Reactions: Kiova

Khazdin

Jan 30, 2022
I have to ask, if naming something as the Chef wants to call it is an option, and letting the game list the ingredients is an option, is anything going to keep the renaming obvious? It's distinctly not very important, but while I wish someone would take up making "RatOnnaStick" or other
pSMlKWe.png

Suspiciously Delicious Meat Treats ™ ,​
if the name is a list of ingredients I'd want to be able to tell if it was altered or unaltered.
Imho alterating name or list of ingredient is "too much". Its up to the Chef to tell (or not) the Waiter or Guest what it is made of. General name is fine, like "Suspiciously Delicious Meat Treats". Also if you found this food like in a chest of a dungeon why it should be listed as "RatOnnaStick" or "PigOnnaStick"? It would be "Suspiciously Delicious Meat Treats" for any bystander...

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
pSMlKWe.png

Suspiciously Delicious Meat Treats ™ ,

fuck off Naj, as a fellow cook donut troll here haha.

But yes the ingred name is SHAMEFUL. Luckily there's no system that is allowing for us to make good food, either. You should be able to name things suspiciously delicious meat treats if you want. That's how it was in MO1, if you didn't want the ingred, you named.

Sophie. Sophat. SophStam. Some of the amazing names I generated. SPIDER SURPRISE. How you like that one :p

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
Sophie. Sophat. SophStam. Some of the amazing names I generated. SPIDER SURPRISE. How you like that one
I don't dislike the name, but I never saw or heard you selling any such food, or heard anyone praise it. On the other hand, my Lorena's RatOnnaStick was justly famous, sold from Gaul'Kor to Sarducaa, and was made of 100% ingredients. (Tribe Rat Meat or, later on, in Sarducaa, from Springbok— but only because there were no native Rat men.) This is not a troll. If the Emperor was supposed to make an announcement in Tindrem, or a Ratzar Queen mistook the Bank of Beth Jeddah for a potential rival, Lorena was there, hawking that stuff. Other Suspiciously Delicious ª™ Meat Treats included BigBhoys (Thursar Meat) and SlimDjinns (Alvarin Meat) — both Onna Stick, of course.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I don't dislike the name, but I never saw or heard you selling any such food, or heard anyone praise it. On the other hand, my Lorena's RatOnnaStick was justly famous, sold from Gaul'Kor to Sarducaa, and was made of 100% ingredients. (Tribe Rat Meat or, later on, in Sarducaa, from Springbok— but only because there were no native Rat men.) This is not a troll. If the Emperor was supposed to make an announcement in Tindrem, or a Ratzar Queen mistook the Bank of Beth Jeddah for a potential rival, Lorena was there, hawking that stuff. Other Suspiciously Delicious ª™ Meat Treats included BigBhoys (Thursar Meat) and SlimDjinns (Alvarin Meat) — both Onna Stick, of course.

Ask yaboy Golgotha about soph food.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
Imho alterating name or list of ingredient is "too much". Its up to the Chef to tell (or not) the Waiter or Guest what it is made of. General name is fine, like "Suspiciously Delicious Meat Treats". Also if you found this food like in a chest of a dungeon why it should be listed as "RatOnnaStick" or "PigOnnaStick"? It would be "Suspiciously Delicious Meat Treats" for any bystander...
RatOnnaStick (custom names were available for foods in MO1, where I had a cook: Lorena; those names, unfortuantely, could not contain spaces) was one of a range of SDMTs. There were hawked live, in person, at events, gatherings, riots, and other miscellaneous occasions, at irregular but irrepressible intervals. You wouldn't have found one in a chest, in a dungeon. Probably.

Hielo

Oct 5, 2021
Naming food/removing the long list of ingredients would be nice , but what's the point if at the moment the cooking in the game is more an RP thing and the best stats food are made with a single ingredient. You can mix and cook things and change the icon of the dish with a different one, but the bottom line the stats of your dish will be worst . And in a pvp game like this beside the RP part you also in my opinion want to be able to stand out when it comes to pure number aka been able to improve them with mixing things like in alchemy but it's not the case at the moment you still have the one ingredient kings for HP, Stamina and mana. But naming will be nice for more RP i guess.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
He wrote a guide; I read it; it worked. But when he turned Zealot, the 'yaboy' label wouldn't work for him in relation to me. Not my circus; not my monkey.

haha I meant ask the dood who wrote the book on shit about my shit ;)

they def need to remove the ingredients or allow naming on top like MO1 tho. Regardless of how wack cooking is atm.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
"At the moment..."
Naming food/removing the long list of ingredients would be nice , but what's the point if at the moment the cooking in the game is more an RP thing and the best stats food are made with a single ingredient. You can mix and cook things and change the icon of the dish with a different one, but the bottom line the stats of your dish will be worst . And in a pvp game like this beside the RP part you also in my opinion want to be able to stand out when it comes to pure number aka been able to improve them with mixing things like in alchemy but it's not the case at the moment you still have the one ingredient kings for HP, Stamina and mana. But naming will be nice for more RP i guess.
I think the answer is enfolded in the words "at the moment" in your question.

I recall ssomething that was called "LiquidBacon"? It was very apparently the product of a great recipe. It was a secret recipe outside of one guild, because it got that name. THAT kind of thing would (also) be the point.

haha I meant ask the dood who wrote the book on shit about my shit
But you say so much about your... stuff... already. Can't I just trust you?

Hielo

Oct 5, 2021
I think the answer is enfolded in the words "at the moment" in your question.

Me saying "at the moment" is more of wishful thinking then anything else , because in a steam henrik said when i asked him about the cooking system and when they going add more to it or change it he said that the cooking system is "complete". So yeah wishful thinking. And when i asked him few times about doing some chanhe and blance he said " we will look into it" but patch after patch nothing much , beside the pig nerf and the springbok buff , but nothing to make it intresting

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Most of ingredients are listed in the name of the resulting meal. So it is impossible for chef to have his "secret" recipe of some type of meal. It would be much more immersive and entertaining if there will be no ingredients list in the name of the cooked meal.

What do you think?
Yeah this is something that should be ingame but also cooking should actually be something better than the placeholder thing it is now.

Hielo

Oct 5, 2021
Yeah this is something that should be ingame but also cooking should actually be something better than the placeholder thing it is now.
I think what happend was they copy past the mo1 system but without a system that made mo1 cooking a bit better, so we ended up with this half bottom part of a system that don't work

Golgotha

Jul 18, 2020
Ask yaboy Golgotha about soph food.
You know you obviously made some of the best food in MO, not just "RP fun food". You had a deep understanding on Soph Multi's and similar food type bonus that could be generated, which is WAY more than most could say.

Without soph though, food isnt much other than a small number of max stat ingredients and cooking methods, and RP trash.

My guide was very flawed (temp growth and shrink food?? more like a bugged system displaying and updating stats...). I wrote it as I was learning about the system. Many mistakes were found in it as I learned more, but never felt the need to change it. As a cook learned things, it was easy to see the errors. It was also very rewarding to find things out that were different from what was shown.
It was good enough to introduce people into the system, and give them some legs to stand on to find their way deeper.

I also thought my coining of fermented fruit juices and mixes as SophDrinks (a play off soft drinks.. get it?? get it??) worked quite well ;)

I do feel there should be a way to rename food, if chosen., BUT taste identification should be able to figure out what's inside a dish.
Ingredients in high percentage should be easier to notice with lower Taste ID
High Taste ID should be able to notice the low percentage additives that are in dishes, but not amounts.

So being able to hide ingredients with a new name should be possible, but it shouldnt stop someone from knowing whats in the dish when that person is a well versed foodie, themselves. What really matters in the end, anyhow (since multis get known quite fast) is the actual ratios in which additives are used. This is not something which will ever be revealed, thus making an actual recipe secret.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
I'm sure that @Emdash being a fine cook was never in doubt by those who knew him, guildmates, ans so on.
My guide was very flawed (temp growth and shrink food?? more like a bugged system displaying and updating stats...). I wrote it as I was learning about the system. Many mistakes were found in it as I learned more, but never felt the need to change it.
Nevertheless, it was foundational for we who gave up on cooking research after SV announced (in early years) that foods & ingreadients had — prematurely — been given given attributes that didn't apply yet, or never would.

I hope this time the Cooking system works itsself out with staged ingredients (prepare something fermented, for instance, then use it in another dish), and that water (no matter how well-prepared or Puriifed) isn't what a lot of us end up eating, and that the eating public has no reason ulitmately to scoff at the need for Soph food.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I think what happend was they copy past the mo1 system but without a system that made mo1 cooking a bit better, so we ended up with this half bottom part of a system that don't work

Yeah soph aint ingame but it's not a copypaste, at least from last instance of mo1 cooking, it's changed, the appliances don't work the same way. Lets not even mention pets can't eat soup.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It took forever for people to realize because my food was pink that it was turtle based LOL.

Also @Najwalaylah I wasn't joking about what I said to you privately. :/ If you said what you said, then I said what I said, and I believe you should respect that. Drama aside:

Once you get down to 14 ingredients and you gotta put them at ratios, esp holding to liquid/non liquid, yea I wouldn't be mad if people were like ahhh I taste some Karuva in there! Cuz like I said I was so worried people would figure out taking some turtles + redjam + like 1 herb would be pretty damn good soph food, BUT THEY NEVER DID loool. Crazy Mortal kids!

But the way things are now, I just don't like it. It might be salt from there not being soph in the game, or any worth cooking, but yea cooking in general offends me, and the inability to name your food is just an off-hand slap in the face as well. But I did my part, and every time I quit, I told someone new about my soph theories! Spread the luvvvv. Big ups to Salyra! MO best girl ez. If it even was a girl.

Hielo

Oct 5, 2021
But the way things are now, I just don't like it. It might be salt from there not being soph in the game, or any worth cooking, but yea cooking in general offends me, and the inability to name your food is just an off-hand slap in the face as well. But I did my part, and every time I quit, I told someone new about my soph theories! Spread the luvvvv. Big ups to Salyra! MO best girl ez. If it even was a girl.
You're not alone in feeling that , i never played mo1 but played alot in the beta and the more i cooked thw more i learn how sad the system is now ans how empty it is and people still saying its not finished or they didn't ass soph , but who know if they ever will we maybe stuck with this empty boring system for a long time