Suggestion/Poll: Get rid of post-resurrection timer

Get rid of post-resurrection timer?

• Total voters

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
I've begun to notice a mini-game in MO2: when a person resurrects, quickly beat them to death while they are completely immobilized, and helpless to do anything but watch themselves get ganked. I see little reason for this post-resurrection timer, other than to make priest-camping really viable, and a cute re-materialization animation, and frankly the animation doesn't have to have anything to do with the timer. Vote away.

Last edited:

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Eh, it's fine the way it is. If people aren't wanting you to spawn at a certain priest, then you shouldn't be able to. This will be a lot less problematic come persistence. This is really only an alpha issue.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It is the same issue from the thread about sleepers staying in game. Plenty of people (can't remember if you were one) thought that I was overreacting about how long it takes to get into the game. Forget priest camping, that is a small issue compared to inn camping where we will be logging in with gear/stuff.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Imo all timers should be gone for the duration of testing the game. Takes lots of valuable time away.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
it's better to add invulnerability while the resurrection animation is running. often there is an animation of resurrection and someone already hits you on the spot at the priest and you can not do anything.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
In guarded towns this won't happen in persistent.
In unguarded area's you're not supposed to respawn while there are enemys.
In MO1 those naked mage's that joined the combat 5 times after dying were super annoying.