Suggestion - Mouse direction down for stab & middle block

Would you like the option to use mouse down for performing a stab or blocking middle?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
The current system of holding alt to perform a stab or block middle is less than ideal.

The experimental mouse direction mode allows you to drag down in order to stab or block middle, and is much more intuitive and fluid.

I would love for this same behaviour to be added to the default mouse directional attack system, for those of us who prefer the original controls but also want the new functionality of the experimental system.

Waalan

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Yeah that needs to be a thing for normal mouse mode too. It was one of the reasons i went to experimental mode. Even though I will never go back to normal mouse mode now I think it should be the default way for thrust

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
How do the attacks work in keyboard mode? How does one do an overhead atk/block vs a stab? alt?

And if so, how do you do stab and middle block? When moving in MO1 you could hold alt to do so, but if that is now done by overhead.. how is it handled?

Waalan

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
I think that there is a seperate key for overhead that otherwise works the same way that alt works for stab in mo 1

Valoran

May 28, 2020
To the person who voted no, would you care to explain why you think this would not be a good addition to the game?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
To the person who voted no, would you care to explain why you think this would not be a good addition to the game?
I guess he uses blocking by keyboard. :D

When I joined MO2 alpha and heard that they reworked part of how to control blocking directions I was hyped. When I noticed that I still need to press alt to central block I was really disappointed.

In MO1 I always used Draco torso. For blocking central using alt I was simply to slow and every thrusting hit went through.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yeah that needs to be a thing for normal mouse mode too. It was one of the reasons i went to experimental mode. Even though I will never go back to normal mouse mode now I think it should be the default way for thrust
The same reason I went there and use it, would use keyboard honestly if not for the idiotic alt and other button for thrust and overhead. Hate needing even MORE keys to do actions thats supposed to be quick.