[Suggestion] More Music & Instruments

Would you want more music and instruments in MO2?

• Total voters

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
The game needs more music rather than just carrying MO1 music to MO2. I've heard a few new tracks, but there needs to be more.

Good music can immerse people much easier, and if there is one thing about games people usually remember it's the music. I don't think anyone would be opposed to that.

The second bit, which I would want in the future rather than in the near-future / soon (Before persistence, or shortly thereafter) is instruments.

I think instruments would be a neat addition to the game. Doesn't have to be anything overly complicated.

A flute, lute, drum, and a horn would be the four primary things I'd want to see.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Instruments are for girly men. We have in-game voice and that's all a true Khurite or Kallard needs.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Hey, that's actually a pretty funny reply. Good for you. I figured you were going to pick out the fact the first song was like 70% instrument.

In all seriousness. More music is great, instruments are great. But game music from the the early 2000s on tends to hold up pretty well. Mortal Online's music still fits the setting, holds nostalgia for old players and isn't recognizable as old for new players.

Music is fun and instruments do add to the immersive factor (Provided they aren't being used to play Thunderstruck and the Super Mario theme). Lets add soundtrack expansion and instruments down 2023-2024 on the development map. Or right after naval combat and carts.

Last edited:

sigrace

Dec 10, 2020
I think it would be really fun to have purely cosmetic skills like this. Instrument crafting could be a secondary off of furniture crafting. If they wanted to go all out on it, different materials could change how the synth sounds. (Simply modifying the synth. No sense in getting a whole bunch of synths. That's expensive for a small feature.)

This is outside of the post, but another one I was thinking about was a barber or tattoo artist to change up your character model after character creation. You could tie it to anatomy or a medical skill since most barbers were also surgeons.