Suggestion - Correct Armor Scaling

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Basically all the armor currently available in game is incorrectly scaled, and is far too large for the wearer. In most cases comically large which causes various clipping issues whilst being silly in general.

Here are some screenshots showcasing just how massive some of the pieces are when compared to the naked body.

Here we have the mercenary arms equipped with no torso. You can see the pauldrons (Shoulder armor) are absolutely massive.

20200628204431_1.jpg

This is even more visible from the sides.
20200628204501_1.jpg
20200628204808_1.jpg

Here are some pictures showing how even naked arms clip half way into the torso on all armors.

nakedtorso.jpg
tindguardfront.jpg
tindknightfront.jpg
mercplatefront.jpg

Here are some side view comparisons of the different torsos.
nakedbase.jpg
TindGuardSide.jpg
tindknightside.jpg

I reached my image upload limit of 10 here so the rest of the images will be in the first comment.

We can see however that clearly all the torsos (except the latest khurite one as I couldnt be bothered to delete my character to get it) are incorrectly scaled, with the tindremic knight torso being the best and most form fitted, and the mercenary plate being the worst offender looking very chunky indeed.

I am aware that this is not simply incompetence at work, but was done due to the difficulties of making an armor fit the body without causing clipping issues while running or other movements.

To that I would argue that dozens of other games (some to note that are using the exact same engine) are able to fit armor to the body properly, without causing massive issues and simply scaling up all the pieces seems to be a very lazy approach that surely can be fixed, however please correct me if I am mistaken for whatever reason.

Either way, given that the tindremic knight torso seems to be quite well fitting, we should at the very least be able to have all other armors fit as well as that one does.

Regarding the scale of some of the other comically large pieces, such as the mercenary plate pauldrons, they go beyond practicality and are surely due for a drastic reduction in size.

I will also include some close ups of the other shoulders in the first comment.

Reactions: PatWins and Chalice

Valoran

May 28, 2020
mercplateside.jpg

20200708015454_1.jpg
20200708015439_1.jpg
20200708020815_1.jpg

Here we can see an enormously thick plate of metal on the tindremic knight shoulder.
tindknightpauldron.jpg

However, it can be forgiven as the tindremic knight should as a whole is the least silly in terms of scale as can be seen here.
20200708020911_1.jpg

Reactions: Chalice

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I actually like the "oversized" look.
Usually people wear a full set of armor. So I don't really care about players wearing only some parts.
It only need to look OK when mixing parts of different armor sets.

Reactions: Goltarion

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I like what your pointing out here. Only because of hit boxes to armor. If hit boxes on armor change based on the armor you are using, than they all should be tight to the body.

Even though the overall look is fine, but I do remember lots of people using mixed sets.