Suggestion - Change the resurrecting animation (Plus UI)

Valoran

May 28, 2020
The current resurrecting animation is not ideal for an animation that will be played thousands of times over.

Every single time you resurrect you look down and rub your arm.

I would suggest changing the animation to a more generic one, such as the initial pose with both arms outstretched in parallel and maintain that until fully resurrected.

A more generic animation is much more desirable for this type of purpose.

Secondly, I would suggest drawing out the "re-assembly" animation of the body until the spawn timer is finished, as currently you stand still for a moment before being able to move again, and this would be less annoying if we could see our body still re-assembling.

As a third but less important point, I would also suggest removing the spawning UI timer and progress bar, as this is very "gamey" and not really necessary if the above change is made, as you will know when you're done spawning when your body is fully assembled again. At which stage you should be able to move.

Reactions: Chalice and Eldrath

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I like that animation. Looks damn cool. Why would you change it so something different?

Reactions: BigBadWolf

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I like that animation. Looks damn cool. Why would you change it so something different?
When I say animation, i'm specifically talking about just the body movements.

The re-assembling body is great, just not the fact that he touches his arm in the exact same way every time.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
maybe instea dof chanign the animation, how about animation varieties? is much better, to have a set of 10 different animations?
would make more sense.

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
The current resurrecting animation is not ideal for an animation that will be played thousands of times over.

Every single time you resurrect you look down and rub your arm.

I would suggest changing the animation to a more generic one, such as the initial pose with both arms outstretched in parallel and maintain that until fully resurrected.

A more generic animation is much more desirable for this type of purpose.

Secondly, I would suggest drawing out the "re-assembly" animation of the body until the spawn timer is finished, as currently you stand still for a moment before being able to move again, and this would be less annoying if we could see our body still re-assembling.

As a third but less important point, I would also suggest removing the spawning UI timer and progress bar, as this is very "gamey" and not really necessary if the above change is made, as you will know when you're done spawning when your body is fully assembled again. At which stage you should be able to move.
are you trying to make a praise the sun animation?

Kato

May 28, 2020
I agree on this point I quoted however, I quite like the current animation and feel like touching your hands and arms would be a "realistic" reaction to beeing brought back to life.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I agree on this point I quoted however, I quite like the current animation and feel like touching your hands and arms would be a "realistic" reaction to beeing brought back to life.
Although I agree that it may be a reasonable thing to do, the crux of the suggestion is based on the fact that this exact animation will play thousands of times, every single time you spawn, every time you see a video of someone resurrecting, every single time.

As a one off it was great, but seeing it countless times over and over again is a little odd.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I like it the way it is. Shouldnt be too varied as you should avoid seeing it.
Even when just ghosting between towns you will see this animation, it's clearly a crucial animation that we will all be seeing thousands of times.

Kato

May 28, 2020
Although I agree that it may be a reasonable thing to do, the crux of the suggestion is based on the fact that this exact animation will play thousands of times, every single time you spawn, every time you see a video of someone resurrecting, every single time.

As a one off it was great, but seeing it countless times over and over again is a little odd.
Well that is true for any animation they use cant rly get away from that problem. Only way to not have that problem is to remove the animation altogether which to me is'nt rly a fix.

Reactions: Guildmaster

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Well that is true for any animation they use cant rly get away from that problem. Only way to not have that problem is to remove the animation altogether which to me is'nt rly a fix.
All other animations are very short an utilitarian, like walking or swinging a weapon. They are also like I suggest, very generic.

Imagine if every time you swing a weapon your character did some kind of weird twirling animation. It would get old fast.

All other animations are not problematic in this regard, as there are no other very long animations that will be played incredibly often.

Changing the animation to remove the arm rubbing is all that is required to fix this problem, although it is clearly a minor and fairly subjective issue.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
@Valoran youre the only one having a problem with it.

did you ever complain about the same horse riding animation? no?
or that every ai have same animations for every hit?

its the same.

but varieties would be cool and for monster attacks too and stuff. that would improve immersion. same with guards and stuff. hopefully they do that in MO2

Valoran

May 28, 2020
@Valoran youre the only one having a problem with it.

did you ever complain about the same horse riding animation? no?
or that every ai have same animations for every hit?

its the same.

but varieties would be cool and for monster attacks too and stuff. that would improve immersion. same with guards and stuff. hopefully they do that in MO2
There is a difference between utilitarian animations like walking, running, swinging or riding, and long animations such as resurrecting.

As I stated above, the common animations are very generic and not intricate enough to draw attention to. The way they should be.

A very long animation such as resurrecting, especially when the animation will be seen thousands of times, should not be so specific as it is immersion breaking.

I'll use the same kind of analogy as above but in a different way to convey my point.

Imagine the voice line that played when you got hit was not just a generic grunt, but an actual voice line such as "Ah, that hurt!"

You wouldn't want such a specific voice line to play every single time you get hit would you?

It's the same thing.

Reactions: Chalice

Kato

May 28, 2020
Well after the games been out for a while im pretty sure everyone is gonna forget about that animation including you, and no ones even gonna notice it anymore.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Well after the games been out for a while im pretty sure everyone is gonna forget about that animation including you, and no ones even gonna notice it anymore.
It's not so difficult a fix to warrant just pushing it under the rug and pretending it's not there.

At the end of the day it's obviously a minor non-issue and this thread was more intended to steer any possible rework of the animation in the future whenever time is available.

Kato

May 28, 2020
It's not so difficult a fix to warrant just pushing it under the rug and pretending it's not there.

At the end of the day it's obviously a minor non-issue and this thread was more intended to steer any possible rework of the animation in the future whenever time is available.
well i dont think it needs to be fixed, i like it the way it is

Jaseace

May 28, 2020
Don't think there should be any change to the animation. You won't be seeing it NEAR as often past combat alpha. More variation though would be cool.

Reactions: Dracu