[Suggestion] Add new path to Toxai/Morin Khur

Hexebus

Sep 14, 2020
From what I have seen so far from the recent resource distribution is that the Dev's idea is to make most towns viable living out of. No town should be un livable or near useless. Currently Toxai is one of those towns until fishing arrives and even then it may not be enough. As of right now there is a large unused area that could be changed into a mountain pass, as like they did for Hyspellia, that would lead to the Northern side of the map.

This is the area I'm referring to. This would allow for Toxai or Morin Khur to have more than just two exits from the towns. Just as in MO1 we had a backdrop from Morin Khur leading towards the mage fields. That would also be a nice option that developers could add as well. I think this addition could add a whole new form of trade, allowing people who want to sell tephra for example giving them a blue town they could go to that people would often visit.

Just a suggestion any comments towards it feel free to do so :)

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think it should go to the south as to keep mk still far away from gk. Also take some trees out and add more fauna to the area. Toxai MK area has little to do now.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
I think it's best to take the conservative approach to this issue because opening a path up to GK is a big paradigm shift. While there might not be much in the way of usefulness for Toxai right now, I'd argue we should wait and see as to the full implementation of game resources & mechanics before considering this as a last resort. There should eventually be reason to live in and visit Toxai, just not yet.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
An easy, short route between MK and GK would completely shatter any semblance of resource balance in the game. A guarded town just a short trip away from the tephra crater pretty much completely negates the whole reason tephra is in GK to begin with: to be far away from any safe, guarded place.
MK would be the only town really worth controlling and anyone controlling it would pretty mich control GK too.

At that point you might as well just ad AI guards to GK and be done with it.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Hexebus

Sep 14, 2020
I think it should go to the south as to keep mk still far away from gk. Also take some trees out and add more fauna to the area. Toxai MK area has little to do now.
There currently is a path over the southern mountain range. But yeah there is little to be desired in back of MK except the closeness of those steppe horse spawn

Hexebus

Sep 14, 2020
I think it's best to take the conservative approach to this issue because opening a path up to GK is a big paradigm shift. While there might not be much in the way of usefulness for Toxai right now, I'd argue we should wait and see as to the full implementation of game resources & mechanics before considering this as a last resort. There should eventually be reason to live in and visit Toxai, just not yet.
Yeah hopefully the resource distribution and fishing can really help make it stand out as a city. I'd still like to see a back drop like in MO1 that would at least lead to mage fields. Just getting out of that area is a chore to lead to some not worthwhile areas like the steppe currently.

D

Deleted member 44

There are multiple exits out of that region, you just haven't found them. Explore. It's one of the best parts of the game.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I've always said they should drop the entire city of Toxai down a bit to make the southeastern part of the map useful.

Maybe they plan to add a new town down there at some point. But the SE part of the map has always been barren.

Reactions: Hexebus

Hexebus

Sep 14, 2020
There are multiple exits out of that region, you just haven't found them. Explore. It's one of the best parts of the game.
I know of 3 total exits from that region but none that go to the north so maybe I'll just explore a bit more to see if it's possible

Hexebus

Sep 14, 2020
I've always said they should drop the entire city of Toxai down a bit to make the southeastern part of the map useful.

Maybe they plan to add a new town down there at some point. But the SE part of the map has always been barren.
This would be great but I doubt they will change it now. Can only hope they'd add another city or outpost type area. Always liked the idea of the southeast map but it's just so far from cities. Maybe housing will fill it again