Subscription:

Is this the genius solution to everything?!?!

• Total voters

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
@Henrik Nyström @Robmo

Message for CEO,

I understand you wanna start the sub, but are having trouble meeting some of the criteria; some of us will pay the sub. I have an idea.

Give us a second character slot and start the sub.

Should work, right?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
2nd char slot would make subing more palatable as you kinda need multiple to be competitive as walking everywhere is a huge time sink.

But I dont think they should be asking for sub for a early access alpha.
Paying to get into EA once is ok but saying sub to play our early access alpha is pushing it to far.

If they force sub on us they really should make sure each patch is properly QAd and given enough time. No more working on the patch up untill release. Take a week fixing things before you release the patch.

Reactions: Midkemma
D

Dracu

The game needs to do better to be worth 15€ a month.
A second character slot alone doesnt cut it

Reactions: Kaemik

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I don't want to get a second character slot. This destroys the game. Larger guilds will have all seconds characters fully equipped standing at the keep to defend. Have fun to attack. Instead of traveling home for an hour or more the players just relog to fight.

In MO1 we had three character slots in the beginning and after some years another character slot. The skill system had been different with 1100 primary points in total compared to meanwhile two skill trees with 1100 and 1200 primary points. This means a character in MO2 can learn more skills than two characters in MO1. I would rather increase the primary points of the profession skill tree to 1400 or 1500.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I don't want to get a second character slot. This destroys the game. Larger guilds will have all seconds characters fully equipped standing at the keep to defend. Have fun to attack. Instead of traveling home for an hour or more the players just relog to fight.

In MO1 we had three character slots in the beginning and after some years another character slot. The skill system had been different with 1100 primary points in total compared to meanwhile two skill trees with 1100 and 1200 primary points. This means a character in MO2 can learn more skills than two characters in MO1. I would rather increase the primary points of the profession skill tree to 1400 or 1500.
yeah thats a good concern. The game is just super inconvenient right now.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I'm not saying 2nd char is gonna make up for the game, but I feel it's something easy they could do to appease people, to hold us over for down the road. I don't think the primary point thing is true, either. It still takes a lot of points to spec a char and while you can spec a "good" char, if you spec a true spec char you need a lot more.

The positional thing is a legit concern, but it would be addressed mechanically. I don't agree a character can learn as much as two characters, tho. They changed around the primaries, but they made things weirdly gated in their own way. The only way you can learn that much more is if you do 70 crafts, but I wouldn't do that cept for like pet gear. The fact you can spec fighting and prof is not the same as having two chars. You get one fighting build and one profession. Butcherer/armorer was a thing in MO, extractor/wep crafter was also a thing. There still aren't enough points to take stuff like Fabri or even master alloys. Now you HAVE to wrap with an animat or textile afaik -100 more. Plus you are gimping yourself to not take mammal at 100, so that's -100 to start. If you already have a good int bonus, then yea, you do OK at high clade, but if you are more of a pure fighter spec, then it's tough, even as a human.

They did some sneaky things to make crafting require more points. Animats all 100 pts, scale lore... 100 more pts. It's like heh. It def adds up.

But yea my POV was just that having a second char, which most of us want (and I dunno if it would break the game any more than it already is loool,) would be the perfect thing for SV to easily give us instead of digging forever to fix problems they can't fix.

However, I am very disillusioned by this patch and I really think MO is just going to NOT work out. So I might recant that I would sub if they gave us a second slot. Atm, I def wouldn't.

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
I think they need to hit certain thresholds for me to consider it. Paying sub for a game which is still in beta/alpha feels like a slap in the face. It's like paying for the development of a game without any $ returns.

That being said, I feel if they can make the servers stable enough that it can handle 5k players and the playerbase starts growing instead of falling, as well as fix the reputation system I would consider it. Or, I'll just let the diehards pay it and check back in a year hoping their money was used well. I haven't decided yet. Really depends how much content is in game and if I feel like it has a future. 2k players max won't cut it for me in a MMO.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
For me 2k active players are more then enough. For what we need more? I played uo back in the days on a server with 1-1,2k population. So much action was going on. End of mo2 beta we had like 1,3k high peak on players and it was still super fun to play.
i would definitely sub my accounts and most of my guildmates would do the same.
✌🏻

Reactions: oldeurope

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Honestly I still wouldn't sub for 2 char slots with the current games direction. But 2 char would help a lot over 1. If they can stop going out of their way to make the game less fun, and give 2 char slots, id maybe sub.

Reactions: Gorr

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Honestly I still wouldn't sub for 2 char slots with the current games direction. But 2 char would help a lot over 1. If they can stop going out of their way to make the game less fun, and give 2 char slots, id maybe sub.

i will sub for 3 😂 I see it as a hobby. We spend so much money for other shit so why not for a hobby. If you go to the gym it’s almost the same price, atleast in Germany 😄even if you just sub one and play very casual like 2 hours a day it’s like 20 cents per hour you play. If you play 4 hours a day 10 cents etc. For me it’s absolutely worth it we having tons of fun. If it’s not worth it for you right now come back in a year and maybe it will be also worth it for you? :)

Reactions: Xunila and Jatix

Tzone

May 16, 2021
i will sub for 3 😂 I see it as a hobby. We spend so much money for other shit so why not for a hobby. If you go to the gym it’s almost the same price, atleast in Germany 😄even if you just sub one and play very casual like 2 hours a day it’s like 20 cents per hour you play. If you play 4 hours a day 10 cents etc. For me it’s absolutely worth it we having tons of fun. If it’s not worth it for you right now come back in a year and maybe it will be also worth it for you? :)
Well then you dont really care about the quality of the game and just enabling sub par products.

With no alternative or competition to mo2 you as the consumer should be stingy with your money if you want the game to improve.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Well then you dont really care about the quality of the game and just enabling sub par products.

With no alternative or competition to mo2 you as the consumer should be stingy with your money if you want the game to improve.
I mean if the quality wasn’t good enough for me I wouldn’t play.
Many people act like they are forced to play mo2 I really don’t understand that 🤔

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I mean if the quality wasn’t good enough for me I wouldn’t play.
Many people act like they are forced to play mo2 I really don’t understand that 🤔

It's really not good enough, though, for me. I have been a loyal tester. Mo1 vets are quitting a game that for now is b2p. They already paid out. Not playing would only be in dire circumstance that the game was worth LESS THAN ZERO and you were cutting losses on investment. Sure, you can come back later, too.

The game COULD be good, but you have to wonder if it's getting to the 'selling you a dream' level. True sandbox genre is based on outrageous expectations, that's why people can kickstart a game, promise a bunch of shit, and never get it off the ground.

MO2 actually exists, though. Still, it's a shell of MO1 w/ kind of the same feeling lingering over it... like... what are they even working towards? There's no clear answer, and it feels like while a patch makes you HOPEFUL, you also have this dread, and then whatever they added that you dislike (for instance, people disliked swing speed, but I think that was a good thing to try to test, adding stuff like that would make the game more appealing to testers, and they prol shouldn't have reverted EVERYTHING) you have to wait however long and hope it is removed. Some stuff still hasn't been removed like zoology bonus for pvp.

Reactions: Dracu

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
If someone enjoys the game they should obv sub and have a good time. Personally I think this game is just a walking sim and doesnt value my time in any way shape or form. My 2 hours a night is much better spent on other games that I wont spend most of it walking/riding around. And instead of trying to make the game more worth playing, every patch is like "removed red priest / moved it farther so you can spend more time walking and less time doing anything fun!". I'm just waiting for statloss or something to add extra tedium to deaths.

Reactions: Dracu

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The only way you can learn that much more is if you do 70 crafts, but I wouldn't do that cept for like pet gear. The fact you can spec fighting and prof is not the same as having two chars.

I didn't mention the change to 70-points in armor and weapon crafting. This means, compared to MO1, a character in MO2 is equal to one fighting character plus two or even three crafting characters.

And about the player base, somebody wrote about sufficient 2k players. I agree, but the number of current players is higher: 2k max in the steam charts stand for at least 4k or 5k players in total, maybe even more. In a steam long time ago Henrik talked about a break-even at a level of about 8k subscribed players.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022

I liked the idea that if they ever allow second character, there should be some limitation(s).

Like for example, a cooldown for switching between them. I would go as far as making it very long like 7 days so that you can experince a different playstyle with your second character but not constantly switch between them esentially having doubled all professions etc.

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
For me 2k active players are more then enough. For what we need more? I played uo back in the days on a server with 1-1,2k population. So much action was going on. End of mo2 beta we had like 1,3k high peak on players and it was still super fun to play.
i would definitely sub my accounts and most of my guildmates would do the same.
✌🏻
Problem is your gonna lose over half of those players once sub is added. Also, they plan to add more continents. Population is something that usually just goes down, unless a major change in game happens. On our current trajectory, we are bound to lose a lot more. So imo, 2k isn't enough for the future.

Also, they're in a unique position of being able to bring back many people. 100k people bought a copy of the game. Many quit because of launch. Even if we theorize that on the extreme end, 75k purchases of the game were for 2nd accounts, that leaves a pool of 23k people that would come back to the game if things improved. That's money any smart company shouldn't leave just sit on the sidelines and the more money SV can bring in the better the development team and therefore the game can become.

I don't understand people that play a MMO and think the population should only be 1-2k. Those are rookie numbers, gotta pump those up.

Its healthy for the game. It's healthy for the company. It ensures the game will have a long run rather than a short jog.

MMOs require insane amounts of money to function. If we want the patches, fixes, and content this game deserves we need as many people playing this game as possible.

Last edited:

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
I'd much prefer an in-game way to swap builds.
I don't think it was a great thing to have a second account 'at base waiting'. Yes it meant you could bounce onto that char and get some fighting if your place was attacked but what about the other side... Attacking an empty place after you scouted to ensure the opposition has gone out... just for people to pop in.

2nd accounts also mean more bank space and more sales slots, separate reputations and a risk of the diva system coming back. Need a new solution.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I liked the idea that if they ever allow second character, there should be some limitation(s).

Like for example, a cooldown for switching between them. I would go as far as making it very long like 7 days so that you can experince a different playstyle with your second character but not constantly switch between them esentially having doubled all professions etc.
What you can do is make it to where you have to return to your house or a town to switch places. And only one has crafting or something.