Subscription Poll

Do you think game will be subscription worthy after they finish the current Roadmap?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Dracu

The game has a long way to go before i personaly would consider playing again. The stuff on the roadmap is not enough to get my interest. The game requires to much time investment for pretty much anything, consistent content that i personally enjoy is rare. Which is casual pvp where i can hop on have some fun and log off. Other games offer it better and faster and cost less/same or nothing in subscrption cost while filling that itch better. Not the same experience, but convinience wins here for me. Mo2 is a very inconvinient game, not in the sense of hardcore, but its very... Old design. In a bad way. Not sure if old design is the right word... Its just not very good.

Maybe... When they add faction warfare and do a good job with it. Would love to log in, get some crap gear and get send to a pvevp environment somewhere in the world where its a battle for some kind of frontline thats constant fighting rather then 1hr prep, 1hr roam, 5 minute fight. The 5 min are rarely worth the effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Casted No, but will realistically still play if they did since there is not much else to play these days.
We need a lot of quality control. There are a lot of skills and features in game you cant even use. What even is Ivory Carapace? What about human weather clades? Not gonna impliment this? Give us something else to work with instead. Game needs a lot of QC and balancing... If I knew the game had a sub and was not fleshed out with the basics, i wouldnt even buy it as an early access. Im only here because Beta got me hooked and they went very clear about it being a sub based game...

Reactions: Rugaru and Silenko

forcem

Apr 30, 2021
They got enough money in the steam release to keep out the subscription longer.
With the epic release new people will buy the game -> more time without subscription.
It doesn't really feel like they make the dev group dramatically bigger. Sev is still the guy who do 99% of the stuff, for example implement translations, server capacity, server maintenance...

Reactions: Gnidex and Silenko

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I voted not sure because we do not know how they are going to implement things.

We really do not know how the zone rules are going to work, and if things like lockpicking will be included with thievery.

With the addition of territory control, sieges, thievery and the new zone rules,

I do think it will have enough core content to justify it though.

If it allows them to get on a pretty solid and steady patching schedule afterwards.

Then they should be able to get people resubbing for new content. Recurring or after breaks.

In the end a lot of what we will be paying for will be further content development.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jethub and Silenko

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Sub worthy, sure. Shit, you pay for Microsoft word now. Got your lil Netflix shitz or whatever. On that level, of course, but 'by comparison...'

The most honest answer is: we are not the people you should be asking! I was at Steam Forum and there was a ton of content like Jan11-12th. Multiple people looking for guilds. Pretty sure that's around when the server dropped? Stuff like that... can't happen. In a rare circumstance, sure, but not every few months haha.

Other than fixing some of the meaningless timers, they really need to improve the new player experience. They have to make clading easier, skilling easier, book read way faster (legit some of the nub books should be instant read.) If not, it's just gonna be the people w/ strongholds+ and 2+ accts who are subbing. Stop gating people so hard with the initial spec, and they will stay IMO!

At Dracu, I mean, the main issue is the "E," like what environment/experience/gain do you want from fighting/winning?

I had some crazy ass MO dreams last night. There was some underwater fishing cave that I was in, but it was Sunday (in dream,) and suddenly all of these people started appearing. They had like a secret society and were going to do a ritual sacrifice. haha, talk about wrong place wrong time. BUT, I mean... that sounds like "how is that relevant?!" If you think about it, though, it kind of shows where things can go.

Nothing on the road map is interesting to me. The game is still interesting. I can bang in hornscale/bone. I would sub 2 acct, but you need 3 at least to play.

They don't even have horse stats! They don't even have like... SICKLY desert horse, HEALTHY desert horse, RARE desert horse. They are shooting forward with shit without fixing the core issues/content.

I honestly hope it takes them super long to start the sub so I can play for free, if I choose, and maybe someone like me will be on Reddit/Discord and they will realize the very simple areas they are ruining their chance of more than a couple month player retention.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
I had some crazy ass MO dreams last night. There was some underwater fishing cave that I was in, but it was Sunday (in dream,) and suddenly all of these people started appearing. They had like a secret society and were going to do a ritual sacrifice. haha, talk about wrong place wrong time. BUT, I mean... that sounds like "how is that relevant?!" If you think about it, though, it kind of shows where things can go.

This here is the Emdash content I come to MO2 Forum to read lol

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The game has improved a lot. But I still voted no. My primary reason, is the 1 character limitation. What you can do in this game is heavily limited by other people (and other factors). You want to go farm sewers but its camped by a 12 man red guild? Too bad.

With more characters you could live in different places, or at least have more options of what you can do. But with just one its very limiting. I only play a couple hours a night, and I dont play mounted. So I'm extremely limited in what the game actually offers. It doesnt matter how much content is actually in the game, when I can only do 5% of it in my little section of the world with my heavily limited character.

More characters I could have a footie, a mounted, a character somewhere else, etc.

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
I own 3 accounts.
Let me put it this way. If the game retained the exact number of daily online, active players of right now, that means, a peak of 1500-1600, then yes, I would pay a 10-15 dollar sub / month. But not on all my accounts, hell no, I would pay one and thats it.

Now, realistically speaking, the numbers will certainly drop from this peak upon the time of the sub, because when people see a money investment on a product they had access to for seemingly free, they back off. (And yes, 30 dollars for 2000 hours is seemingly free).
What does that mean for me? It means I won't pay sub to play with 700 other people at peak. The game is not fun if there are not enough people because the map is too big.

So, no, I don't think the game is ready for a sub, or ever will be for that matter. Not with a map this huge.

Reactions: Frelsa and Jatix

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
If TC and sieging is working properly it will be sub worthy with the caveat that the servers are also working because TC and sieging is going to bring a lot of players to the game that are on the sidelines right now.

Really hoping Thievery is in too before they turn on subs but we'll see. That Rogue/Thief playstyle will bring a good chunk of players to the game as well once those "I stole 5000 gold" videos start dropping on YT 😁

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The game to me should have wipe prior to TC release... because I feel houses, strongholds and keeps should not have been added prior to the ability to tear them down. But even after that the game is lacking a lot of things... I dont know but the answer for me is no. Maybe in a few months I may change my mind.

But right now I doubt I will sub two accounts, I may only sub one.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
It's a shame forums aren't used as much these days and we can't get a good, high number, poll going, but with my 1 account and 1 forum account/vote... i'll absolutely sub. I would have subbed months ago tho.
I think many of the real core mechanics are in. The poll says "finish current roadmap".. So with the idea of TC and Epic and Elemental and Thievery also being in game... yea.. of course i'd sub.

Then on top of all that i have exuberant fantasies of table games. And without getting into specifics i just want a draw. A desire to put a gaming/societal/economical draw into player-made cities.

But with everything, including most negative poll results... We're trying to make the decisions before we see the results

MO2RIP

Feb 9, 2022
Looking back at this first year of MO2 most wouldn't want to pay monthly for that. Has someone who paid to play MO1 for years they have my money but I feel like history is repeating itself.

Reactions: Gnidex and Hodo

Frelsa

Jan 12, 2023
Before subscription pricing, I would like to see a more balanced, more populated game. To do this, there needs to be an update to the criminal system. Hear me out. The current system does not effectively deter griefers, which means limited space in the game for all playstyles. The player base would grow so much more if all playstyles were given equal opportunity to progress in the game. A larger player base means a more lively population at any given time, which leads to a more engaging in game experience thus more revenue for SV leading to more improvements to the game. More improvements and more content then yields again more revenue.

I often speak to MO1 players who speak intelligently about positive features or content in MO1 that are absent in MO2, such as being able to train pets in the Equerry. I think certain improvements can happen on a timeline soon after subscriptions begin, prioritizing improving the current in game experience over expanding content. But an overhaul of the criminal system cannot wait until post-subscriptions.

Reactions: Laeknir and Hodo

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

haha. It's 'better' to live, trust me! 4k, new content daily. Nice one, tho. I like to be surprised; it makes me smirk. IT'S ALL REAL, TOO. You should hear the shit I make up willfully! :eek:

Yes but needing 3 accounts to play ? Must be doing something wrong

No, I put that on anything. I play w/ a casual mindset, but I'm not handicapping myself. Ask someone who is actually doing something.

If you want things done without depending on other people, and unfort... you can't depend on other people. 3 is like BARE MIN. Most people would multi-box as well, but I don't go that far. Even if you 70 your stuff and roll 2 humans, I don't think you can cover all the bases. You have to... extract, butcher, and craft (wep, bow, armor, pet.) I'm not even going deep like doing etherworld stuff, fishing, leveling animals, etc.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

haha. It's 'better' to live, trust me! 4k, new content daily. Nice one, tho. I like to be surprised; it makes me smirk. IT'S ALL REAL, TOO. You should hear the shit I make up willfully!

Yes but needing 3 accounts to play ? Must be doing something wrong

No, I put that on anything. I play w/ a casual mindset, but I'm not handicapping myself. Ask someone who is actually doing something.

If you want things done without depending on other people, and unfort... you can't depend on other people. 3 is like BARE MIN. Most people would multi-box as well, but I don't go that far. Even if you 70 your stuff and roll 2 humans, I don't think you can cover all the bases. You have to... extract, butcher, and craft (wep, bow, armor, pet.) I'm not even going deep like doing etherworld stuff, fishing, leveling animals, etc.

Looking back at this first year of MO2 most wouldn't want to pay monthly for that. Has someone who paid to play MO1 for years they have my money but I feel like history is repeating itself.

It tends to! Still salted @ reneging, but it's all LOVE in the New Year! ETERNAL LOVE. I might even be back soon; next patch... extraction timers REMOVED?! WITH exit lag.