styganthrope

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
Styganthrope is the hallmark of the Thursar. It costs 100 skill points and nerfs your healing taken. Why the massive downside - it seems disproportionate from other hallmark clades traits.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Styganthrope is the hallmark of the Thursar. It costs 100 skill points and nerfs your healing taken. Why the massive downside - it seems disproportionate from other hallmark clades traits.

It's massive OP in certain situations. It's not meant to be a heal build, even tho they fixed it somewhat. It's meant to be like a solo roam kite build. I'd be rolling a lean thurkhur and regenning while I laugh and run in circles. Then if some elf wanted to fight I'd just bang them out with my 25% dmg bonus.

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
It's massive OP in certain situations. It's not meant to be a heal build, even tho they fixed it somewhat. It's meant to be like a solo roam kite build. I'd be rolling a lean thurkhur and regenning while I laugh and run in circles. Then if some elf wanted to fight I'd just bang them out with my 25% dmg bonus.
You make good points. And i Agree with you. But im not asking for it to be buffed. Im wondering about the multiple downsides.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
there is another cladegift, it give 10% healing received for 10seconds. styg is the most powerful clade in game btw

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
I don't think many people would agree with you that Styg is the most powerful trait in the game. I'm not saying its underpowered by any means. I just don't want to use points on endurance - which is a pretty useless skill otherwise.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
I don't think many people would agree with you that Styg is the most powerful trait in the game. I'm not saying its underpowered by any means. I just don't want to use points on endurance - which is a pretty useless skill otherwise.
if u play on foot, endurance is a must have for swimming secondaries ,wich is number 1 skill to survive or chase people in water. Styg gives u 40hp every minute, and u are pretty much unkillable in 1v1 vs no Styg players.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
if u play on foot, endurance is a must have for swimming secondaries ,wich is number 1 skill to survive or chase people in water. Styg gives u 40hp every minute, and u are pretty much unkillable in 1v1 vs no Styg players.

You're right in that it's on the Mt Rushmore of clade gifts and IMO due to DAMAGE MITIGATION (I'M DOING IT AGAIN!!) Thursar is pretty AZZ other than the fact that they get that skill. Without it, they are FOOD. However, I don't think it compares to combat leap 5ever. Combat leap is the most OP skill in the game because it lets you do something you shouldn't be able to do, it changes your jumping ability because you can run faster and thus wedge yourself better. In the same way water is good, so is height.

The speed skills on alv as well are nuts, not even the actives just the passives. But if I had to vote for most OP gift it would be combat leap because it's the only thing in the game you can't really recreate with another option, and it opens so much.

I still wanna see Thur get a frenzy skill where they get increased swing speed for about as long as the alv gets their non-shout run buff... and then they can balance swing speed off of Thursar while they let Thursars open it up with crazy swings. Yesss. I'd take that over life steal every day.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
You're right in that it's on the Mt Rushmore of clade gifts and IMO due to DAMAGE MITIGATION (I'M DOING IT AGAIN!!) Thursar is pretty AZZ other than the fact that they get that skill. Without it, they are FOOD. However, I don't think it compares to combat leap 5ever. Combat leap is the most OP skill in the game because it lets you do something you shouldn't be able to do, it changes your jumping ability because you can run faster and thus wedge yourself better. In the same way water is good, so is height.

The speed skills on alv as well are nuts, not even the actives just the passives. But if I had to vote for most OP gift it would be combat leap because it's the only thing in the game you can't really recreate with another option, and it opens so much.

I still wanna see Thur get a frenzy skill where they get increased swing speed for about as long as the alv gets their non-shout run buff... and then they can balance swing speed off of Thursar while they let Thursars open it up with crazy swings. Yesss. I'd take that over life steal every day.
true, clade combat leap shouldnt work with +12kg armor on. give dex mages buff