Stutter and FPS Drops in certain scenarios/areas

Madock

Mar 13, 2022
Hello people,

My rig is Intel i7-7700K processor, GTX 1060 graphics card, 16GB RAM and Windows 10 64bit.

I know it is not the optimal setup for modern games but I get 50+ FPS in most new games and I also get 60 FPS in most cases with Mortal Online 2 as well.

My problem is, I get extreme FPS drops in certain areas and scenarios. For example, there is an invisible line near the Morin Khur horse spawn, behind the ruins and whenever I walk through there is an almost 30 FPS drop. Sometimes the screen freezes for 1.5 seconds. And then it's back to 55-60 FPS. It is as if though there are certain invisible ''instances'' on the map and whenever I transition from one to the other it tries to load the info at the same time.

My current settings are DLSS off, almost everything on low except textures and post processing whic are at medium. Resolution at 90 (less than this is just eye torture) and DX11.

Is this an optimisation issue or should I just upgrade my GPU already (means no meals for 6 months sadly :/ )

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022
Is this an optimisation issue or should I just upgrade my GPU already (means no meals for 6 months sadly :/ )
I wouldn't upgrade as it's definitely just certain areas that are bad.

I've named a certain location in the jungle "FPS drop valley" as it's horrendous. If you walk 30 seconds away it's fine

Reactions: Madock and Jybwee

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They are level streaming lines where the game will load in more stuff. They are waiting for UE5 upgrade to fix them.
UE5 requires massive amounts of VRAM to work which the issue now is not just the streaming lines but the game already requires lots of VRAM from the GPU which leads to bad performance for lots of players.

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
That's a server line issue, nothing to do with your end.
Grid line, landblock, whatever you wanna call it.