Stuns and slows

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Henrik, you've said in numerous streams that you don't want these kind of mechanics in game because they remove the player from the game.

So why do casters have to suffer the RNG interrupt function? Do you not understand that this is exactly the kind of mechanic that you, yourself, have called game breaking?

I'll give you an example of your design in practice:

I was in a 1v1 fight where EVERY spell was interrupted. I wasn't able to successfully cast a single spell.
For all intents and purposes I was stunlocked and it was game over.

Now I'm aware this is possible I'm beginning to ask myself whether it's even worth playing any more. Knowing that RNG can overwrite what little skill I might have is pretty depressing and I don't play games to make myself unhappy.

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
I take it you were on a horse? Interrupt chance is doubled while mounted so if its a problem get off your horse.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Seems mages are totally nerfed every thing is wrong with the gameplay - The reasoning is encase you get a group of mages playing together well and they can do to much damage as a group to 1 person lol Henrik explain this and this explanation is ridiculous.. Cant even turn on a horse or spell is interrupted and thats balance apparently.....

Reactions: Atom

Velkynon

Mar 16, 2022
If you don't want to do stuns, then the thought comes that you are specifically making magicians cannon fodder. What for? You promised the wars to do a rollover, isn't that taking the player out of the game? Magicians have no protection, spells are cast from 2-4 seconds and they are interrupted when hit. Make a shield spell against physical attacks to even the odds a little.

Reactions: Atom

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
I take it you were on a horse? Interrupt chance is doubled while mounted so if its a problem get off your horse.

It started off on a horse and ended with a dead horse and a dead mage.

In any case the horse would be dead so even if I killed the guy I wouldn't be able to recover my loot because by the time I got back with a mount the opponent could have already returned and looted everything.

It's lose/lose for me whichever way you cut it. The situation was totally stacked in favour of the person who initiated the fight.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Besides sneak attacks and armor piercing mages basically just nerfed mounted archers at this point.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Can people please stop trying to make a already strong class more OP. The game does not need stuns that would break it. Every high level player knows this, and we explain it. Please just get better at the game. Mage is fine and we have necro coming out in withing 4 weeks maybe 5 to make mages even more strong.

If you think that mages need stuns then you are playing the game wrong. Please stop making suggestions untill you can properly understand how to play the game.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Can people please stop trying to make a already strong class more OP. The game does not need stuns that would break it. Every high level player knows this, and we explain it. Please just get better at the game. Mage is fine and we have necro coming out in withing 4 weeks maybe 5 to make mages even more strong.

If you think that mages need stuns then you are playing the game wrong. Please stop making suggestions untill you can properly understand how to play the game.

Maybe re-read the original post because it wasn't saying anything like that.