Stuck on Loading...

Artio

Sep 2, 2022
SInce the patch my game stops at the Loading... screen. I was online till about 5min before shutdown. Logged support ticket but no joy. Crap support!!! Anyone else having this and know how to fix it or is this a starvault issue? God help me if it is, ill likely only be back in the game next year at this rate.

Nudisto

Sep 21, 2021
My friend has the same issue, he even tried reinstalling his OS entirely, has latest drivers etc. Ever since patch came out he gets this exact same problem. Mind if I ask what your specs are? Maybe related to AMD?

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
yeah same, tried to login just to check the ah or whatever and was instantly reminded why I quit playing to begin with

Nudisto

Sep 21, 2021
Artio, we got it fixed. That blackscreen is due to EAC not installing. Why it happens after an update I don't know. Try running the EAC installer first but our specific issue was missing some windows updates and having to install windows media feature pack. Check your windows features and add it, if its missing like it was for us try the following:

Run powershell as admin-
Run this command:
DISM /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:<Windows Media Feature Pack name>

You’ll need to replace <Windows Media Feature Pack name> in the above command with the actual pack name listed in the results. Then your command might look something like this:

DISM /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Media.MediaFeaturePack~~~~0.0.1.0

Goodluck.

Artio

Sep 2, 2022
OK Fixed it - Nudisto wish i had read your reply before spending so much time on it.

So after hours of trying many different things i decided to run some of my work diagnostics tools to see what's happening behind the scenes with the code. What i immediately notices was that the game errored when loading the Star Vault animation on the loading screen. Gave me a starting point to see why this was failing. finally narrowed it down to 1 corrupt DLL. ResampleDmo.DLL

I then went about figuring out how to repair this. finally found a MS article and ran the following in PowerShell (run as administrator)

DISM /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Media.MediaFeaturePack~~~~0.0.1.0

Basically re-installs the media pack that has the DLL. Quick reboot, and BAM. Game loads fine now.

Hope this helps others.

Reactions: Nudisto

Shiala

Aug 28, 2022
Having the same issue, stuck on "loading player Data" how do you check to see what is missing? I've updated windows fully, I was in game, went to switch Haven instances and then got the eac error, fixed that but now stuck on loading, I tried just copying what worked for you but said it could not be found