Storms/Rain kills my fps

Tzone

May 16, 2021
A lot of people get horrible FPS when it rains in this game. It debilitating.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
You can lower effects if you have problems with the rain. I mostly run effects on low since i dont think it adds much to the experience atm. Quite certain they are not done with the weather effects, since there is still missing parts such as clouds and darkness during the rain. I would expect they will optimize it a bit more ones its closer to finished or causes unavoidable problems.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You can lower effects if you have problems with the rain. I mostly run effects on low since i dont think it adds much to the experience atm. Quite certain they are not done with the weather effects, since there is still missing parts such as clouds and darkness during the rain. I would expect they will optimize it a bit more ones its closer to finished or causes unavoidable problems.
Already at the lowest settings for me and multiple others who have lots of issues with the rain

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Already at the lowest settings for me and multiple others who have lots of issues with the rain
Okey then we can just hope that they fix it for this next patch. I dont see them releasing the game with a half done weather system.

D

Deleted member 44

I went from 100 FPS around Tindreme to 30 FPS as soon as it started to rain. Unacceptable. The other problem is that all the weather effects are client side and unique per individual. Once it starts to rain the only way to get it to stop is to relog.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rolufe

Barbarian

Jan 12, 2022
Ya this is definitely a issue that needs fixing no drought. Not sure if its going to release on the date or not. I would rather have no rain for now and have it later then half ass and crap fps honestly. I love the game and want it to work out ofc but this needs attention. I think thats funny how Albanjo mention the steam numbers and niche an skill based is why numbers are bad lmao. I really hope it does not come to that. I like this game and really want it to work out for the best.

Dld00d

Jan 14, 2022
I Usually still get like 80 fps when raining, 3440x1440, 3080 ti, 8700k@ 4.8, 16gb ddr4 3200. Settings on epic, textures cinematic, dlss quality.

Dlss seriously is massively impactful for this game. Even with a 3080 ti it has serious hiccups without it. With dlss even on quality it smooth af with only minor hiccups in major cities like tindrem and mk, even in large fights.

I don't think amd fsr is implemented in the game yet, no idea if they plan to.

Would recommend 30 series gpu.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Goremor