Starvault Has Stocks

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
SV shares kinda tripled over the last year.

That's kind of why I'm reluctant to grab them as a serious invement. I tend to buy fairly safe stocks when they are doing incredibly poorly. Like I got into the market this year buying stocks like Alaska Airlines that are strong companies in a field that had recently taken major losses (Airlines and Cruiselines mainly) and overall my investments this year have earned me 46% returns.

COVID of course presented a very unique opportunity to buy underpriced stocks as people were panic selling en masse across nearly every industry. But I'm looking to make more modest returns with a similar strategy as time goes on. Like invest in a company if they tank after a PR crisis I'm sure they'll make a recovery from etc.

That said SV doesn't seem like a BAD investment. I'm expecting them to go up though MO2 release may be a very temporary peak depending on how the game turns out. I will throw money at SV stocks if I land my new job just to have some. But it's not a company I'd usually buy purely for profits sake because they don't fit my general investment strategy. Much higher risk then I am usually willing to take.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
you can trade OTC stocks on pretty much any broker other than Robinhood. I'd recommend getting off that, putting your big boy pants on, and getting an account with schwab, IB, or anywhere really.

Robinhood sucks you can't even short :p

Today is hopefully my last day ever of college before I get my business management degree. I decided I wanted something that allowed me to take the knowledge I was learning in my classes and attempt to apply it to trading stocks. I used much of my first stimulus check to invest in stocks as they were tanking at the time I got it, and it's panned out quite well. But Robinhood is allowing me to make a lot of smaller transactions to test my skills with no brokerage fees. It's a much better tool for me until I land a job with my degree. My long term investment account (Fidelity) required brokerage fees last time I played around with it. So I don't use it for small transactions or speculative trading currently. And I'm definitely not putting any big money into StarVault before landing a big job.

And yes I have a debit card and checks through my credit union. Neither of my investment platforms are tied to how where I keep and how I spend my money.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I have about $1700 in SV stocks, I could have dumped a couple weeks ago for about +30% from what I bought it for. But I had an inkling that A) we would get emissions and B) The stock will rise to around 1 KR in the near future, especially around release.

And lo and behold, Emissions. For me, emissions (1 stock per 20 owned for 0,35 kr in this case) is basically free $230 if I sell them at the same time they are acquired(after the rights to buy them passes). That is if i dont hold on to them until we are up at 0,8+ then its way more.

Reactions: Grisù

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
Today is hopefully my last day ever of college before I get my business management degree. I decided I wanted something that allowed me to take the knowledge I was learning in my classes and attempt to apply it to trading stocks. I used much of my first stimulus check to invest in stocks as they were tanking at the time I got it, and it's panned out quite well. But Robinhood is allowing me to make a lot of smaller transactions to test my skills with no brokerage fees. It's a much better tool for me until I land a job with my degree. My long term investment account (Fidelity) required brokerage fees last time I played around with it. So I don't use it for small transactions or speculative trading currently. And I'm definitely not putting any big money into StarVault before landing a big job.
Ya Fidelity and all those other big big ones don't charge commission any more either. And you can do partial shares on most too I think. I just kinda hate Robinhood. It's like being a never Trumper....but for Robinhood. Prob mostly cause you can't short and I find that asinine.

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
I have about $1700 in SV stocks, I could have dumped a couple weeks ago for about +30% from what I bought it for. But I had an inkling that A) we would get emissions and B) The stock will rise to around 1 KR in the near future, especially around release.

And lo and behold, Emissions. For me, emissions (1 stock per 20 owned for 0,35 kr in this case) is basically free $230 if I sell them at the same time they are acquired(after the rights to buy them passes). That is if i dont hold on to them until we are up at 0,8+ then its way more.

I don't want to put nose in your business, so if you don't mind could you share to us when did you bought SV Stocks?
+30% is really not bad investment, especially for a low starting capital of 1,700$, even after last days dilution (-4,75%).
Do you own them personally or by some kind of Stock polls?

For me, personally, invest in Stocks of something i like would be a strange thing; like betting on sports match when plays your favorite team, you risk of not being objective in judgement.
As a Stockholder (excluding being a gamer) how did you evaluete the dilution? Usually Stockholders becomes a bit upset when CEO/Major Stockholder does such kind of movements.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Personally, if I invest in any stock in SV it's not an investment in the same vein as my other investments. Like yeah, those are there to yield me money and for no other function. It would be to drive up stock values and actually be a shareholder in SV. And if I make some profits doing that, cool.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
this is the only penny stock I would consider investing in, cause I know the company, I know the product. I know what to expect. The dilution was not to make money off the investors it was to delay which arguably was absolutely needed IMO.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I don't want to put nose in your business, so if you don't mind could you share to us when did you bought SV Stocks?
+30% is really not bad investment, especially for a low starting capital of 1,700$, even after last days dilution (-4,75%).
Do you own them personally or by some kind of Stock polls?

For me, personally, invest in Stocks of something i like would be a strange thing; like betting on sports match when plays your favorite team, you risk of not being objective in judgement.
As a Stockholder (excluding being a gamer) how did you evaluete the dilution? Usually Stockholders becomes a bit upset when CEO/Major Stockholder does such kind of movements.
I personally invest through my banks extremely lackluster stock capabilities. I cant buy more stocks since the change since they don't do trading on the new marketplace so i'll have to get a proper trading account if i want to get more in the future.

I bought in at around 0,48 but ended up buying more a lot later so it averages out at around 0,54 now.

That's after already making some good % from buying in at just below 0,1 in april and selling when it peaked at around 0.8 in september.
The problem was I only invested like $130 bucks 1100~kr after the 20kr "courtage"fee with my bank.

I was going to dump $1000 on it, but I wasn't sure if it would pay off, well it did and I'm making sure I'm not doing the same mistake again.

I also did not expect the downward trend around mo2s entering of beta etc. I did plan on the price going down into a sort of loss at any emission announcement if that would happen before i could offload. So I'm just happy i have enough stock to make up for the time before i'll be able to sell them because of the emission.

Another factor I could not account for was the first big dip around beta time that was due to 2 people doing stock manipulation.
2 people selling and buying basically from each other and in incredibly low amounts of stocks (lower than the fees you have to pay for the transaction) which forced the price down. They are currently under criminal investigation from what I last heard.

If you check the order history around that time you can see weird small names buying and selling around 40-60 transactions in a small span of time. Costing themself a lot of money to bring the price down. Not entirely sure what the game plan was pulling something like that off, since there is no way you can do that discreetly.

this is the only penny stock I would consider investing in, cause I know the company, I know the product. I know what to expect. The dilution was not to make money off the investors it was to delay which arguably was absolutely needed IMO.
This is the exact reason why STVA B is the only stock i've been investing in in the past 10 years or so.
Ive never lost money from it, cause it has a consistent upward then downward then upward trend. It all depends on how long you are willing to wait.

I did my first stock trading in it and made my first decent amount of money coming just out of high school at around mortal online's release.
Then used the dips and rise in price around big patch times to make tiny bits of money here and there.

Biggest investment i did back then with a big gain ive done is around $400 bucks at 0,064 kr and selling out at 0,5. Basically paid for my living for a couple years while studying. Granted I was living out of a tiny shared student apartment at the time, so that's not saying much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magos and Grisù

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
@bbihah very nice man, glad to read that.
Very strange the Stock manipulation thing, especially for the big amount of money wasted in the operation to force prices down.
Who could have a will to do that just for a little indie videogame company, it's not something commonly a wall street shark would stock escalate.

[Jokemode] Amazon tried to escalate Star Vault to eliminate competition :rolleyes:. [/Jokemode].

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
In general, I wouldn't advise people to invest in a niche video game company with a limited max addressable market. If you're expecting to hold long for a massive return, you may be disappointed. That said, if you've already decided that you're going to buy SV shares, now is the time to do it.

Reactions: bbihah

MaDeuce

May 28, 2020
Last I checked it was at a decent price .05; covid prices. Not only do I donate but also invest. --> SRVTF <-- 😻

Last edited:

Hayasa

Aug 26, 2020
Year To Date, my Mutual Funds have made 90% return due to the pandemic. If i were to pick stocks, I'd have made 400% return, but since I prefer diversified portfolios over individual stocks, it allows me to be stress free, not throwing all my eggs into one basket. That said, I personally wouldn't even buy SV stocks, since they are constantly in a negative earnings, year over year over year. As much as I enjoy the game, and see the possibilities for the future, I do not believe it would be a home run hit.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I have thought about buying their stocks a few times. Just for shits and giggles.

But the place I found it had some pretty large fees for buying from other countries.

I also have an account on interactive brokers. But I have not been able to find the stock there :(

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
I have thought about buying their stocks a few times. Just for shits and giggles.

But the place I found it had some pretty large fees for buying from other countries.

I also have an account on interactive brokers. But I have not been able to find the stock there :(
You gotta call in to them to have them make the trade for foreign exchanges I believe.

Reactions: Amadman

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Should be a lot easier to find exchanges that can reach the stock now that its part of a bigger Scandinavian market than before.

Reactions: Amadman

quickzR

Dec 8, 2020
Can't seem to find it on my exchange either, which usually has most international stocks :( Anyone know an international broker that sells them?