Standing System

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The current system I think is really fun. Finally a game that allows PvP. Needs wardec which will help the players who want to stay blue stay blue and red players would want to stay blue in order to go into the town to PvP during a war dec.

You might have one player in a guild who is a red murder hobo that gets pushed to go blue by his guild so that they can all go into town to fight.
War decs that have cost and restrictions would go so far to fix a lot of issue with the game.

Stat loss for red players is not fair not fun. Ive experienced that type of gameplay in BDO where carebears would grief everyone with kill stealing or agree to a duel and then lose but continue to farm. Also with people who failed to gank you so they comeback and kill steal instead.

If stat loss is a thing then it should be for both sides. Both parties should have consequences for dying not just the PvPers who have won their fights. Im not going to deal with a onsided unfair punishment for people who win in PvP like what happened in BDO. I tried to play through it and it made me really bitter and depressed being griefed by people who die to me on purpose. Im not going to be doing that to my self again so I wont be playing.

Why I love this game is that I can defend my self against people who try to die to me over and over.

The biggest issue is the players in this game that claim to be ARPK PvPers dont do much to protect. People go to graveyard to kill people so they get fights but these guilds in town rather log out then PvP if they cant absolutely win. Maybe it fear of rep loss or something, war decs would help. A lot of "PvP" guilds are just win at any means necessary guilds. There is supposed to be player driven protection outside of towns, I really dont think things would change just because its release.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The current system I think is really fun. Finally a game that allows PvP. Needs wardec which will help the players who want to stay blue stay blue and red players would want to stay blue in order to go into the town to PvP during a war dec.

You might have one player in a guild who is a red murder hobo that gets pushed to go blue by his guild so that they can all go into town to fight.
War decs that have cost and restrictions would go so far to fix a lot of issue with the game.

Stat loss for red players is not fair not fun. Ive experienced that type of gameplay in BDO where carebears would grief everyone with kill stealing or agree to a duel and then lose but continue to farm. Also with people who failed to gank you so they comeback and kill steal instead.

If stat loss is a thing then it should be for both sides. Both parties should have consequences for dying not just the PvPers who have won their fights. Im not going to deal with a onsided unfair punishment for people who win in PvP like what happened in BDO. I tried to play through it and it made me really bitter and depressed being griefed by people who die to me on purpose. Im not going to be doing that to my self again so I wont be playing.

Why I love this game is that I can defend my self against people who try to die to me over and over.

The biggest issue is the players in this game that claim to be ARPK PvPers dont do much to protect. People go to graveyard to kill people so they get fights but these guilds in town rather log out then PvP if they cant absolutely win. Maybe it fear of rep loss or something, war decs would help. A lot of "PvP" guilds are just win at any means necessary guilds. There is supposed to be player driven protection outside of towns, I really dont think things would change just because its release.

Yeah but wardec unless its friendly pvp it has its negatives. Like for example crafting or farming, people that lvl up pets, training, etc. Wardecs allow you to freely engage in non-concensual fights within towns and then we get to discuss the fairness of the circumstances. So, unless its friendly encounters you are dealing with being pushed off a town or being zerged.

Like for example, you can chain wardec. A few weeks ago i saw in meduli 1 dude from a guild being healed by like 10 mages from a wardec guild while he was murdering another wardec horses inside town. Even tho it was funny to see and probably do, things like this turn out to be a numbers competition. And the solutions are to either drop the wardec, move to a different town (which sucks balls cuz even traveling in ghostmode sucks) or log off.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah but wardec unless its friendly pvp it has its negatives. Like for example crafting or farming, people that lvl up pets, training, etc. Wardecs allow you to freely engage in non-concensual fights within towns and then we get to discuss the fairness of the circumstances. So, unless its friendly encounters you are dealing with being pushed off a town or being zerged.

Like for example, you can chain wardec. A few weeks ago i saw in meduli 1 dude from a guild being healed by like 10 mages from a wardec guild while he was murdering another wardec horses inside town. Even tho it was funny to see and probably do things like this turn out to be a number competition. And the solutions are to either drop the wardec, move to a different town (which sucks balls cuz even traveling in ghostmode sucks) or log off.
yes that the point to go after the people who are hiding in town. Plenty of ways to limit it with cost and just saying it works at one town and not all so those players can flee. Or they are encouraged to go play in a player made town that can protect them.

War decs are a anti zerg anti large guild mechanic. You can increase the cost for large guilds war decing larger ones as well to keep people from being bullied by zergs in town.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
yes that the point to go after the people who are hiding in town. Plenty of ways to limit it with cost and just saying it works at one town and not all so those players can flee. Or they are encouraged to go play in a player made town that can protect them.

War decs are a anti zerg anti large guild mechanic. You can increase the cost for large guilds war decing larger ones as well to keep people from being bullied by zergs in town.
Maybe you could explain to me how wardecs work because i think im missing something. Are there some kind of zerg or location/town restrictions? I can understand the wardecs work to bypass the standing system completly and thats cool aslong as you have a base outside town and can alternate in case of avoiding conflict.

Also bypassing the standing system has a cost, the cost of not being safe in town. And it still doesn't fix the issues with mid-large casual fights when people can still get murdercounts from non-wardect guilds, unless of course you wardec all the guilds in nave or not and only have arranged/expected fights.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
we absolutely must merge all of these rep related threads to show how much of an issue this really is, and so we can properly brainstorm and critique each other's ideas in the same place.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
we absolutely must merge all of these rep related threads to show how much of an issue this really is, and so we can properly brainstorm and critique each other's ideas in the same place.
Yeah it would be cool if someone could summarize all threads and/or problematics into one thing :)

Reactions: Jatix

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
Why do you think that? I consider the more punishment the less playstyles available. If you want a blue nave might aswell remove non consensual pvp.

That’s called all or nothing fallacy. You can have consequence without driving every player away from PvP. It seems a lot like you just want no repercussions for murdering any randoms you like. Put your big boy pants on and accept the consequences if you like killing naked blues. I do. It’s not that hard. A 20 minute trip from fab to tindrem and back can get you between 2-4 rep since the fix, and I do a handful a day to make sure I can kill anybody I please. For PvPers the only thing standing between a mountain of loot and being a broke ***** is the rep system, while any crafter could’ve spent hours and hours farming stuff that you think you deserve for free without any downside.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
That’s called all or nothing fallacy. You can have consequence without driving every player away from PvP. It seems a lot like you just want no repercussions for murdering any randoms you like. Put your big boy pants on and accept the consequences if you like killing naked blues. I do. It’s not that hard. A 20 minute trip from fab to tindrem and back can get you between 2-4 rep since the fix, and I do a handful a day to make sure I can kill anybody I please. For PvPers the only thing standing between a mountain of loot and being a broke ***** is the rep system, while any crafter could’ve spent hours and hours farming stuff that you think you deserve for free without any downside.

It is a fallacy lol, its funny way to tell him to fuck off with the murdercount burning and statloss mechanics.

I never said there shouldn't be any punishment whatsoever and i don't think the idea of adding arbitrary time sink mechanics to punish players for non concensual pvp is the right approach, there should be some degree of limitations thats for sure. But far from forcing players to stay online to burn murdercounts or resurecting to have your stats fucked up. There's a reason in MO1 a lot of mechanics bypassed those.

I don't particularly like killing naked blues even tho i ocationally do, i expect and there is consequences.

Gotta do 20-30m runs to get 2 standing (and very ocationally and random ass 4, and this doesn't apply to thursars cuz still broken) i had a human with the reputation clade and from like 5 runs only one gave me 3 standing so i wouldn't be so generous with the odds.

This kinda sounds like a fair tradeoff, like 10m travelling for 1 - 1,5 blue kill.

You can spend hours and hours farming shit and get killed, yes, aslong as you ain't aware of your surroundings, aslong as you take risks instead of banking progress, aslong as you are alone. To be honest, if you are farming like you ain't gonna drop loot when you die, you deserve to die just to learn how to protect your shit.
MO wilderness requires players to pay attention to the threats, its not a game u can be watching a movie and expect to survive a ganker when he already reached u, some players might handle it and anothers might be still learning.

Victims shouldn't relay on punishment mechanics, those players should get involved in the game and build their own fate.

Can't punish the attacker for the victim's mistakes, you can punish the criminal actions around guards sight, but ill definitely like to see an "alive report system" that will get people involved in the game instead of watching a movie while farming wolfs and crying in helpchat cuz someone just ganked them, ressing and giving a murdercount. Wilderness should be no law, not resurrecting to give a murdercount/standing loss.

As a trivial example, when i was drowning AFK people in meduli some learned about it, they placed their characters in stuck positions, others logged off, some were even telling people in the bank to be aware of me and the slow learners or movie watchers just kept being AFK with gear. That is MO's learning curve, you take what it just happened to you and you use it in your advantage. Thats the real learning curve.

Same with the horse killing in batki, people learned how to protect their shit instead of afk extracting with their horse out.

And more than penalizing players one of the real issues is that Haven, thats supposed to be a tutorial teaches you nothing about the real world. Teaches you nothing about the real threats, when they should teach you the flagging and law mechanics as soon as you enter the world. And yeah for newbies its hitting a brick wall, cuz they don't know and theres no information about it ingame.

Last edited:

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
It is a fallacy lol, its funny way to tell him to fuck off with the murdercount burning and statloss mechanics.

I never said there shouldn't be any punishment whatsoever and i don't think the idea of adding arbitrary time sink mechanics to punish players for non concensual pvp is the right approach, there should be some degree of limitations thats for sure. But far from forcing players to stay online to burn murdercounts or resurecting to have your stats fucked up. There's a reason in MO1 a lot of mechanics bypassed those.

I don't particularly like killing naked blues even tho i ocationally do, i expect and there is consequences.

Gotta do 20-30m runs to get 2 standing (and very ocationally and random ass 4, and this doesn't apply to thursars cuz still broken) i had a human with the reputation clade and from like 5 runs only one gave me 3 standing so i wouldn't be so generous with the odds.

This kinda sounds like a fair tradeoff, like 10m travelling for 1 - 1,5 blue kill.

You can spend hours and hours farming shit and get killed, yes, aslong as you ain't aware of your surroundings, aslong as you take risks instead of banking progress, aslong as you are alone. To be honest, if you are farming like you ain't gonna drop loot when you die, you deserve to die just to learn how to protect your shit.
MO wilderness requires players to pay attention to the threats, its not a game u can be watching a movie and expect to survive a ganker when he already reached u, some players might handle it and anothers might be still learning.

Victims shouldn't relay on punishment mechanics, those players should get involved in the game and build their own fate.

Can't punish the attacker for the victim's mistakes, you can punish the criminal actions around guards sight, but ill definitely like to see an "alive report system" that will get people involved in the game instead of watching a movie while farming wolfs and crying in helpchat cuz someone just ganked them, ressing and giving a murdercount. Wilderness should be no law, not resurrecting to give a murdercount/standing loss.

As a trivial example, when i was drowning AFK people in meduli some learned about it, they placed their characters in stuck positions, others logged off, some were even telling people in the bank to be aware of me and the slow learners or movie watchers just kept being AFK with gear. That is MO's learning curve, you take what it just happened to you and you use it in your advantage. Thats the real learning curve.

Same with the horse killing in batki, people learned how to protect their shit instead of afk extracting with their horse out.

And more than penalizing players one of the real issues is that Haven, thats supposed to be a tutorial teaches you nothing about the real world. Teaches you nothing about the real threats, when they should teach you the flagging and law mechanics as soon as you enter the world. And yeah for newbies its hitting a brick wall, cuz they don't know and theres no information about it ingame.

You know as well as I do that an 'alive murder count system' is just a fancy way of saying that you don't want to get mc and the rep loss associated with it. Getting away from PvP just doesn't happen in 99% of cases in the wild. I generally don't let people get away, and so I would generally never have a consequence for killing randoms. As appealing as that sounds it would be game breaking.

Calling mc and rep loss a punishment is a bit silly. It's a consequence of killing people. Nobody is punishing murderers except murderers when they kill without rep to spare, and telling farmers to bank every half stack of a resource they farm seems like it goes against what you're looking for. It's not a mistake to go out and farm a few stacks of granum in one run, same as it isn't a mistake to kill someone farming granum. The only real difference here is that you just made out like a bandit expecting no consequence, and the farmer just wasted an hour. The farmer was punished by you, and you have to accept the consequence of that murder.

Once they add the lawless zones I think that you'll be a lot happier. Just go hang out there. Nobody will be able to report, and you can kill to your hearts content.

If you want to be allowed in town either farm rep or don't just kill anybody you like.
If you don't care about being allowed in town then have at it.
It's really very simple.

There should be a deterrent from just killing anybody in the wild. I think that adding a way to report crimes on top of the current mc system would be reasonable, but deleting the current system to replace it with a same life reporting system seems out of touch with what the devs are looking for. If you want to be allowed in guarded towns, don't kill anybody you see unless you're fine with farming the rep to do it. I imagine the devs were mostly considering the serial murders when they implemented the system, so they designed it in a way that would make you consider everybody you kill unless you're content living in the wild. The entire game loop is farm rep > kill people > steal loot > farm more rep otherwise.

I do agree that Haven needs to better explain the rep system and everything it involves.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah it would be cool if someone could summarize all threads and/or problematics into one thing :)
The current standing system sucks in pretty much all departments. No reason to pvp unless you go full red. And when you go full red standing system now does nothing and nubs will just get camped. Because the current system punishes pvp everywhere, no reason to not go camp GY once your already negative standing. So it accomplishes nothing besides making being blue mega boring.

Done!
It seems a lot like you just want no repercussions for murdering any randoms you like. Put your big boy pants on and accept the consequences if you like killing naked blues.
So, the current system after you are already negative. No reason to not go deeper. Many ways to bypass being red, all you need is 1 blue friend. And Full tc isn't even in yet. all the standing system does is punish solo blues. The current system just doesnt work. Its just an empty shell.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
You know as well as I do that an 'alive murder count system' is just a fancy way of saying that you don't want to get mc and the rep loss associated with it. Getting away from PvP just doesn't happen in 99% of cases in the wild. I generally don't let people get away, and so I would generally never have a consequence for killing randoms. As appealing as that sounds it would be game breaking.

Calling mc and rep loss a punishment is a bit silly. It's a consequence of killing people. Nobody is punishing murderers except murderers when they kill without rep to spare, and telling farmers to bank every half stack of a resource they farm seems like it goes against what you're looking for. It's not a mistake to go out and farm a few stacks of granum in one run, same as it isn't a mistake to kill someone farming granum. The only real difference here is that you just made out like a bandit expecting no consequence, and the farmer just wasted an hour. The farmer was punished by you, and you have to accept the consequence of that murder.

Once they add the lawless zones I think that you'll be a lot happier. Just go hang out there. Nobody will be able to report, and you can kill to your hearts content.

If you want to be allowed in town either farm rep or don't just kill anybody you like.
If you don't care about being allowed in town then have at it.
It's really very simple.

There should be a deterrent from just killing anybody in the wild. I think that adding a way to report crimes on top of the current mc system would be reasonable, but deleting the current system to replace it with a same life reporting system seems out of touch with what the devs are looking for. If you want to be allowed in guarded towns, don't kill anybody you see unless you're fine with farming the rep to do it. I imagine the devs were mostly considering the serial murders when they implemented the system, so they designed it in a way that would make you consider everybody you kill unless you're content living in the wild. The entire game loop is farm rep > kill people > steal loot > farm more rep otherwise.

I do agree that Haven needs to better explain the rep system and everything it involves.

No dude, alive report system ain't me saying i don't want mcs, dont be silly. I imagine you hardly kill everyone you see and like said if someone doesn't manage to escape a possibly dangerous situation before it happens it's gonna be harder to escape once engaged but not impossible at all, i've personally escaped many times and on foot.

Not sayin a miner should bank every stack or half a stack it gets, don't be silly again but if you are that dumb to go and mine with a horse 30 meters from the city, you will be seen and someone will want that. It Is a mistake to not have a strategy and go mine watching a movie, you wouldn't believe how many miner horses i've killed due to AFK mining.
So, if you as a gatherer are aware of your surroundings, aware of the dangers, aware of road traffic an other things you can probably engage pve activities without being bothered cuz its a matter of strategy and awareness.

Unless you think its unfair an AFK miner gets ganked and theres no repercutions.
The way i see it, if you ain't present in the game why would someone that Is, get penalized for engaging no concensual pvp.

An alive player report system works towards making players active and aware, to be present in whatever endeavour they engage and not just mindless grind or AFK mining, to get involved and be the protagonists of their fate, also encourage group activities to increase the success rate, real player collaboration.

A punishment Is a consequence of something, call it what you wish losing standing for killing someone Is a punishment consequence of the criminal action.

Being killed by someone while you pve could be seen as a punishment consequence of not being aware, yeah why not. And i think theres should be consequence only if someone witness that criminal action and reports it un Town, and i've already elaborated this concept in the thread so i wont repeat myself.

Independantly of the Lawless zones i personally will remain to kill anyone i like thats for sure, but that has nothing to do with this discussion.

I don't like the ress and report mechanics and i've already explained why yet i see how giving the "alive report system" a more active role in the law could work as a territory control" feature. Lets say for example watching and reporting a criminal action has in consequence the loss of standing, how much? What will this action be worth, the reward should be a juicy punishment, idk 5 standing loss? Only reported once per criminal timer cicle. This makes criminals that care to not engage criminal actions next to a town, since it would be fairly easy to report and harder the further away you are from town.

I don't expect you to like this suggestion tho, cuz you are from the school of automated punishment themepark games and you seem unable to value what i've said since for you it only means i don't want murdercounts, when despite you poor analysis of this idea i see much potential in many degrees of player involvement and interaction. Cheers :)

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The current standing system sucks in pretty much all departments. No reason to pvp unless you go full red. And when you go full red standing system now does nothing and nubs will just get camped. Because the current system punishes pvp everywhere, no reason to not go camp GY once your already negative standing. So it accomplishes nothing besides making being blue mega boring.

Done!

So, the current system after you are already negative. No reason to not go deeper. Many ways to bypass being red, all you need is 1 blue friend. And Full tc isn't even in yet. all the standing system does is punish solo blues. The current system just doesnt work. Its just an empty shell.

Yeah standing system has many flaws, specially cuz encourages players to go full red but there are not a lot of mechanics to support that model, i mean housing has no group support whatsoever, for example.

An alive report system would bring justice locally where it happens, the closer to the town would be easier to report so it will move conflict for the ones that care about rep loss away from towns unless they wanna go full red.

The removal of ress and report will re-signify the standing system, aslong as theres something to replace it with, in terms of diegetic player involvement i see "alive player report system" to be a thing.

I can also see those faction outposts (they plan to add) to serve as a report post, cuz it would benefit the overall player transit flow in the world.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
No dude, alive report system ain't me saying i don't want mcs, dont be silly. I imagine you hardly kill everyone you see and like said if someone doesn't manage to escape a possibly dangerous situation before it happens it's gonna be harder to escape once engaged but not impossible at all, i've personally escaped many times and on foot.

Not sayin a miner should bank every stack or half a stack it gets, don't be silly again but if you are that dumb to go and mine with a horse 30 meters from the city, you will be seen and someone will want that. It Is a mistake to not have a strategy and go mine watching a movie, you wouldn't believe how many miner horses i've killed due to AFK mining.
So, if you as a gatherer are aware of your surroundings, aware of the dangers, aware of road traffic an other things you can probably engage pve activities without being bothered cuz its a matter of strategy and awareness.

Unless you think its unfair an AFK miner gets ganked and theres no repercutions.
The way i see it, if you ain't present in the game why would someone that Is, get penalized for engaging no concensual pvp.

An alive player report system works towards making players active and aware, to be present in whatever endeavour they engage and not just mindless grind or AFK mining, to get involved and be the protagonists of their fate, also encourage group activities to increase the success rate, real player collaboration.

A punishment Is a consequence of something, call it what you wish losing standing for killing someone Is a punishment consequence of the criminal action.

Being killed by someone while you pve could be seen as a punishment consequence of not being aware, yeah why not. And i think theres should be consequence only if someone witness that criminal action and reports it un Town, and i've already elaborated this concept in the thread so i wont repeat myself.

Independantly of the Lawless zones i personally will remain to kill anyone i like thats for sure, but that has nothing to do with this discussion.

I don't like the ress and report mechanics and i've already explained why yet i see how giving the "alive report system" a more active role in the law could work as a territory control" feature. Lets say for example watching and reporting a criminal action has in consequence the loss of standing, how much? What will this action be worth, the reward should be a juicy punishment, idk 5 standing loss? Only reported once per criminal timer cicle. This makes criminals that care to not engage criminal actions next to a town, since it would be fairly easy to report and harder the further away you are from town.

I don't expect you to like this suggestion tho, cuz you are from the school of automated punishment themepark games and you seem unable to value what i've said since for you it only means i don't want murdercounts, when despite you poor analysis of this idea i see much potential in many degrees of player involvement and interaction. Cheers :)

I'm not sure what gave you the impression that I 'come from the school of automated punishment themepark games,' but I can assure you you sound like a complete moron. LO was the last MMO I played, and that died when they took away the MMO aspect. The only time I’ve stepped into a theme park was to check out GW and I left that 30 minutes later. I'm just not from the school of expecting zero consequences for killing randoms out in the wild, and as someone who does this regularly, I happily accept the standing loss because I'm not unwilling to farm some rep, or go somewhere else to kill players. This is because I understand that the system is in place so that you have to consider the players you’re killing. You can't just kill people and expect zero repercussions. The reason has been explained repeatedly in streams.
How are you calling my analysis poor when you haven’t even considered the impact what you’re proposing would have on the game, or the devs vision of what it should be. Seems a lot like you’re just angry and know I’m right.

It's supposed to be a push and pull kind of situation. You kill them, they lose their stuff, you eat standing loss. It's pretty balanced, although missing some features.

Pretty wildly bold and silly of you to assume you know anything when you clearly haven’t payed attention to any of the streams, or what the player base actually wants. It’s been explained why the rep system is the way it is, and it basically boils down to:
Kill someone > take their shit > eat the rep loss
If you don’t want the rep loss you have three options. Farm rep, accept being red, or don’t shit in your backyard.
And it basically seems like it’s to prevent crybaby pkers from pking indiscriminately. In the first game we had a system that told everybody you were a murderer and they could just kill you. I’d say the current system is a vast improvement.

I have no problem farming rep or finding people to kill outside of the TP, and if I do kill inside the TP I’ve farmed more than enough rep so it doesn’t matter. So why is it so difficult for you?

But go off about how you like the idea of not having consequences for killing nubs in the wild that haven't learned what to do and how to do it.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I'm not sure what gave you the impression that I 'come from the school of automated punishment themepark games,' but I can assure you you sound like a complete moron. LO was the last MMO I played, and that died when they took away the MMO aspect. The only time I’ve stepped into a theme park was to check out GW and I left that 30 minutes later. I'm just not from the school of expecting zero consequences for killing randoms out in the wild, and as someone who does this regularly, I happily accept the standing loss because I'm not unwilling to farm some rep, or go somewhere else to kill players. This is because I understand that the system is in place so that you have to consider the players you’re killing. You can't just kill people and expect zero repercussions. The reason has been explained repeatedly in streams.
How are you calling my analysis poor when you haven’t even considered the impact what you’re proposing would have on the game, or the devs vision of what it should be. Seems a lot like you’re just angry and know I’m right.

It's supposed to be a push and pull kind of situation. You kill them, they lose their stuff, you eat standing loss. It's pretty balanced, although missing some features.

Pretty wildly bold and silly of you to assume you know anything when you clearly haven’t payed attention to any of the streams, or what the player base actually wants. It’s been explained why the rep system is the way it is, and it basically boils down to:
Kill someone > take their shit > eat the rep loss
If you don’t want the rep loss you have three options. Farm rep, accept being red, or don’t shit in your backyard.
And it basically seems like it’s to prevent crybaby pkers from pking indiscriminately. In the first game we had a system that told everybody you were a murderer and they could just kill you. I’d say the current system is a vast improvement.

I have no problem farming rep or finding people to kill outside of the TP, and if I do kill inside the TP I’ve farmed more than enough rep so it doesn’t matter. So why is it so difficult for you?

But go off about how you like the idea of not having consequences for killing nubs in the wild that haven't learned what to do and how to do it.

Lol its fine you don't have to justify yourself for what games you like to play i said that to trigger you and it happened :)

Im not against repercussions and i think i've already explained that repeatedly in this thread, we can all understand without watching any stream the how and why the current standing/law system exists in the way its designed by playing the game roflmao.

I don't have to know anything but how the game mechanics work in order to suggest something in the feedback section of these forums.
Bold is for you to asume what the player base / community wants dude...

I do want reputation loss but i imagine a more challenging and interesting mechanic like the idea of an alive reporting system instead of automated murdercount option when ressing on blue priest which does have clear design flaws and the fact that you are unable to see that doesn't mean the flaws don't not exist. I've already explained what i consider the impact of an "alive report system" in the world and did it with a certain degree of details you are free to read dude.

After a whole thread and discussions about this idea you still fail to understand what i do suggest and the repercussions of such system, i don't know if its a text comprehension issue or you like to just go rambling about random shit.

I have no problem on getting standing and if i did i wouldn't be playing the game or i'd be perma criminal with my characters which i already tried and did. And btw, the fact the current system is "better" than MO1 doesn't mean its good enough and you are a simpleton for thinking that.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
Lol its fine you don't have to justify yourself for what games you like to play i said that to trigger you and it happened :)

Im not against repercussions and i think i've already explained that repeatedly in this thread, we can all understand without watching any stream the how and why the current standing/law system exists in the way its designed by playing the game roflmao.

I don't have to know anything but how the game mechanics work in order to suggest something in the feedback section of these forums.
Bold is for you to asume what the player base / community wants dude...

I do want reputation loss but i imagine a more challenging and interesting mechanic like the idea of an alive reporting system instead of automated murdercount option when ressing on blue priest which does have clear design flaws and the fact that you are unable to see that doesn't mean the flaws don't not exist. I've already explained what i consider the impact of an "alive report system" in the world and did it with a certain degree of details you are free to read dude.

After a whole thread and discussions about this idea you still fail to understand what i do suggest and the repercussions of such system, i don't know if its a text comprehension issue or you like to just go rambling about random shit.

I have no problem on getting standing and if i did i wouldn't be playing the game or i'd be perma criminal with my characters which i already tried and did. And btw, the fact the current system is "better" than MO1 doesn't mean its good enough and you are a simpleton for thinking that.

Alright Mr. Holier Than Thou. Have fun being as much of a troll as possible. Go back to reddit where arrogant pricks like you are worshipped.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Alright Mr. Holier Than Thou. Have fun being as much of a troll as possible. Go back to reddit where arrogant pricks like you are worshipped.
I think its you the one trolling since instead of giving your input on the thread suggestion you speak about random shit.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
remove murdercount into wild, after a certain range away from town u cant give murdercounts or negative standing. fixed

Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
As a trivial example, when i was drowning AFK people in meduli

One of the reasons I continue to come to MoFo is lines like this. ahahaha. I mine 30 meters from town w/ a horse zz, no issue. If I die, I die. I have horses stocked and if I start running out of horses, I change my strategy. That's why I keep taming. Mining w/o a horse is wack and I'll pull 5 stax in a choice spot on a horse before I mine my carry weight and walk to the crusher. It's just, from the other side, a risk roll. Generally once town pop gets right, those sort of instances will decrease as well, as I've been saying REP has a lot to do with how other players see you. Some player might legit walk by as you are getting ganked, but if they like you, they will help.

What nonsense @ people don't escape ganks. lol. Unless the ganker has a horse w/ bags, anyway, he's just letting those rocks sit on the ground, sure, it's time wasted but making 25gish (not in mats, just like if you wanna quicksell on broker) depending on where you are while you tab troll mofo is my kinda life, and they gain nothing except what little they can pick up. If I come back dead it's like hmm, who did it. If it continues to be the same person, like that dude UNBEGREEF or whatever? :eek: Killed my horse twice, and I was like well I guess I gotta park my horse in town and walk to crusher, wahhh, I might be like dood y u enjoy wasting other people's time or "you lonely?" Or see him at the furnace and be like "Oh, you do make your own mats!" I wish I could see that guy on the forum tho, I'd really give him a piece of my mind. ;) haha. Nah, but really... it is risk reward. Low effort is low effort, things will change with the increase in pop.

That being said, the flaw in the rep system goes way beyond what is listed. You can go neg defending your own city, that's lunacy. You can't put a numerical value on people's behavior. It actually makes the game more pseudo-psychopathic because you are always calculating how much rep you have or whatever. I'd like to know who suggested the parcel running idea, because I am pretty sure it was a single person or a small group of people, and it just a bad look.

A lot of the people posting here are PKers. I'm not saying I wouldn't PK someone, circumstantially, but in general, this system screws over EVERY PLAYER. Jatix kinda said it, but it must be reiterated. NO ONE IS HELPED BY THIS SYSTEM. The only people who THINK they are helped are people who didn't get killed much in beta and believe it was because of the system. It does help town grief, tho, I guess... which is a huge plus. I'm all for getting rid of horse ganking in town, otherwise, it has no positives and this will bear out on release. WATCH.

I dunno why low standing doesn't just make you local grey in that territory. It's not the perfect fix, but THESE PEOPLE ARE BLUES. These PKing standing people. You wouldn't know it, but they are KILLARS. There's no like... parcel powder on their hands to prove they just ran 10 in a row so they can kill all they want, and like dude said it's true... you can run parcels and PK all you want. That's stupid.

HOWEVER, the main draw of a sandbox game is 1. huge immersive world where choices matter and influence how other players treat you and 2. you are never forced into quests. Clade exp not coming from just about every type of advancement is a FLAW. Running parcels is a FLAW. It's not balanced, and the people who wanna kill, who have that enjoyment of killing, just run parcels. They are the ones doing the semi afk riding WHILE BLUE haha. No gear necessary. GG.

At some point, you have to put a lot of this into the players hands. It's hard to do because people can exploit it, just like any other numerical system, but if someone is PKing everyone and people band together and drive them away, they should be rewarded. Maybe they WILL be rewarded by the towns people. If people are like leaving it in the players hands doesn't work 1... have we tried this?? You can't compare it to GK and Kran, small areas, and arguably the players DO HANDLE IT loool. The only way to make a rep system work is have it actually be player controlled.

And yea there should be some punishment for PKing if someone is truly an innocent, but how many people in MO really are? And how do we tell? It's a conundrum and the more 'complex' they try to make the system to prevent it, the more convoluted it will become. As I said in the other thread, just add in red camps near by that are tied to cities' brokers w/ benches. The citizens can decide who is allowed to res there and gear up. And shit maybe Mr. I just killed your horse can walk some of the stacks over to the broker and put them up so that they don't just melt on the ground.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
remove murdercount into wild, after a certain range away from town u cant give murdercounts or negative standing. fixed

That's one solution. I do wish players could CHOOSE whether to lower people's standing as well. I just think that the fact this parcel system lasted as long as it has is really quite amazing. It's probably one of the worst possible solutions one could think of. Regional rep is legit, kind of, since it seems like they are trying to implement a region v region system (altho no real lore reason as to WHY THEY WOULD BE FIGHTING.)

But yea, I'll do what I gotta do, as usual, and we shall see how this rep system works out on release. ;)

Havoc

Aug 23, 2021
PKs are good for the game

Hard disagree. Stat-loss needs to be put back. Those who choose to play murderers/bandits should be seen as permanent criminals to all towns by default. Punishment for KoS'ing everyone is required for sustaining population in a game like MO.

Your playstyle argument is entirely backwards. There is simply too much benefit in killing everyone in the open world for resources. If there is no punishment everyone has to play that way, which removes all playstyles but RPK. Look at the massive lack of ARPK guilds in this version of the game. SV removed punishment and now there is not a single large clan I know of that is playing the game that way.

I was deep red in MO1, and I will be again in MO2. It's ridiculous that I was able to have 250+ MC's in the beta and still go into town afterwards while never fearing stat-loss. Any argument to that is someone who wants to kill everyone without punishment.