Standardise weakspot for all weapons

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
For an attribute that is limited in it's value given the scaling of speed being so minimal, it feels bad that your investment into this attribute with regards to weakspot is limited to a very small number of weapons and playstyles. I like the idea of having more frequent weak spots, but it's crap that I can't proc the occasional weakspot off a weapon that has some capacity to deal piercing damage, simply because it's weapon type or weapon head isn't considered suitable for weakspots given some preconceived notion of imbalance in it's previous form.

I'm suggesting we standardise this system so that the stat actually has some value even with weapons that aren't considered "suitable" for weak spot. I'm not suggesting weapons such as spears and swords be proccing like crazy. At the very least the occasional proc would feel both more intuitive (considering dex reads as giving weakspot chance) but more importantly, give more value to the stat above and beyond the standard movement speed consideration and stamina.

To achieve this, give all weapon heads a very-very small variable chance to proc a weakspot and then scale it up ever-so-slightly with dex. Obviously, we want to keep it so daggers have a much higher base proc chance and be the primary choice for weakspot builds.