Spurt Till You Squirt - Basic Mage Training Macro

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
Hello friends. From what I have read, macroing that does not involve image detection is allowed. Since I am getting a bit old, my fingers can't handle the pressure. So I spent 10 minutes looking into this and came up with the following macro for some basic mage training. Note I am not an AHK wizard, this macro works for me though:

1) Download and install AutoHotKey (https://www.autohotkey.com/)
2) Right click on desktop/folder, click New, click AutoHotKey script
3) Paste the following into the file and save:

[::
stop := 0
Loop,
{
Loop, 39 {
Send, e
Sleep 2000
Send, e
Sleep 1000
}
Send, 1
Sleep 100000

}until Stop

return

]::Stop := 1

4) Now double click the script file you created and it will appear in your bottom right toolbar
5) Press [ in game to start the macro (start at full health and mana)
6) Adjust "Loop, 39" and Sleep 100000 as necessary based on your skills - more loops and longer rest for lower skill levels and vice versa

You can adjust the hotkeys to your liking, mine were as follows:
[ = start macro
] = end macro (not working in this script, you can stop it by right clicking it in the toolbar and clicking Pause)
e = cast spell on self (cast spurt once then you can just use e)
1 = rest

You will need to adjust the number of spurts which is 39 for me and the length of the rest which is 100 s for me based on your skill values. Note that at higher skill values, spurt will kill you before you run out of mana, so be mindful by reducing the number of spurts.

If this offends anyone let me know. But I believe it is not fair that some are macroing while others have no idea that it can even be done. This should even the playing field.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
This was true a few days ago. However, they have since come out and stated basically any macro is bannable. I would definitely take this down and stop using macros if you currently are.

Draconis

Jan 22, 2022
This was true a few days ago. However, they have since come out and stated basically any macro is bannable. I would definitely take this down and stop using macros if you currently are.
Where have it been said they changed theire stance on this? Checked all posts in discord and found nothing.

nazgo

May 29, 2020
Where have it been said they changed theire stance on this? Checked all posts in discord and found nothing.

The new updated EULA that you had to accept a day or two ago, stated that automated things that involve a lot of actions are bannable, BUT using any macro, even for picking up flowers, will result in a kick (not a ban, but a kick) from the server. So a macro like this would belong to the latter category, and should you be identified as a macroer, you would be kicked (not banned)

This is all becouse they dont want AFK macroers to take slots from the server atm :(

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
"You may not use means of unattended game play such as macros or bots, this includes macros not supported by the in-game client, macros or bots that perform complex actions such as gathering a resource and transferring it somewhere else, any macros used during combat, mechanical means, or any other means deemed to be in violation by Star Vault. Simple macros that perform basic actions such as pressing the same key repeatedly do fall under this category."

Apparently, it's in the new EULA. I didn't read it myself but took the word of a reliable source @Piet

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
Well as many things in life, certain infractions simply don't get prosecuted as there isn't much return on it. I am also against AFK macroing and taking up server resources while not playing, however as of right now we have nothing to do except train our skills as we are all stuck in haven. And since the game is kind of going through a mini crisis, I would think SV is too busy to bother about kicking the poor souls that want to automate a few functions.

Either way, I double promise not to use it.

P.S. Implementing a toggle is possible but more involved, I may look into it later

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Well as many things in life, certain infractions simply don't get prosecuted as there isn't much return on it. I am also against AFK macroing and taking up server resources while not playing, however as of right now we have nothing to do except train our skills as we are all stuck in haven. And since the game is kind of going through a mini crisis, I would think SV is too busy to bother about kicking the poor souls that want to automate a few functions.

P.S. Implementing a toggle is possible but more involved, I may look into it later

Oh yeah. Absolutely. And they're probably going to do a lot of catch and release because people will be like "I heard it was ok." And part of that will be legitimate cases of people who didn't get the memo. And part of that will be people knowing that will work as an excuse right now.

Ultimately when a problem can be solved by removing the demand rather than prosecuting the users it's going to be more effective. In this case, that's creating a leveling system where macroing does little for the user. I've already made a suggestion that would do this.

Reactions: Psyop

Piet

May 28, 2020
Ya unfortunately they just recently made macro's against the rules even if simple. I just don't want anyone banned for the dumbest shit ever even enemies.

Malacar

Feb 5, 2022

An easy way to implement a toggle in your script would be to replace ]::Stop := 1 with ]::Reload
The Reload command will reload the script and stop the loop.

Reactions: Psyop

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
An easy way to implement a toggle in your script would be to replace ]::Stop := 1 with ]::Reload
The Reload command will reload the script and stop the loop.

Thank you friend! I may try it sometime if I ever will get to login, although I have given up on the queue for now.

Fbran

Dec 16, 2021
I need a macro like this for another game, but the game has an afk kick.

Any workaround that?