Spiritism QOL Improvements and Oghmir Mage Clade Feedback

Kegbeard

Jan 15, 2022
Spiritism/Ether Feedback - Spiritism and Ether content is such a unique gameplay loop to MO2. I'd love to see it polished and "fleshed" out!
  • Add points of interest (BOSSES, occasionally lootable spirit boxes from Ether), possibly around ruins or other existing POIs? (This might help budding spiritists get spirit boxes in the ether and experience the ether gameplay loop, with the 50% spirit penalty when they res at the priest)
  • Have flux drop when a player is banished or home/nearest priests
  • When someone home priests, their boxes should drop consistently where they used to be, not at their home priest.
  • Make spiritism spells more useful. Add more purpose to spells (awareness should show priest beams from the meat world, barrier/kau regen/expel spirit should last longer and have more utility)
  • Spirits are too easy to defeat. Make the content more difficult/engaging. bring back the ability to cast spells while ether beaming?
  • Projectile in the ether does more damage to the caster than most targets. Maybe give it a use - have it remove a buff on the target or reduce/pause their Kau regen?
  • Allow Ether portals to see through to the ether world (and vice versa) if the players have Spiritism - have it grant the OLD awareness buff where you could see humans in the meat world, and let spiritists (on either side) of an ether portal see who's on the other side.
  • Let Dispel Portal be cast MUCH faster - by the time a portal appears, it's too late to cast to remove it due to the cast time.
  • Equilize jump height in the Ether. As a fat oghmir with full sprinting and jumping, I am heavily penalized, when I should be equalized. While I can't do some jumping puzzles in the meat world, let me access them through the Ether.
  • Skadite/Oghmium flux seem absent from spirit loot tables. Loot luck does not appear to impact drops. No spirits give more than 50 spirits. Players can not work together on spirits (one gets spirits, the other reduces the amount of spirits, neither gets flux). Perhaps this is all intentional.
  • Ether Momentum randomly drops when traveling across the world. The longer duration and increased effect is nice from where it was originally.
  • Add some titles for # Spirits defeated.
  • Consider adding Multiverse and Ether Portal Notes to gain 0 skill - depending on your design vision on how rare you want the school to be.
  • Consider adding benefits to Ritualism for having Ether Lore (or other skills). Players often use a lack of point investment to justify the weakness of Ritual pets. Many Ritualists (who have already invested tons of time and gold) would likely be willing to invest points in Primary Skills that make their pets more than a fancy party trick.
Oghmir Clades - Oghmirs make great mounted mages, but they are incredibly slow on foot - as a mage, I feel forced into only that MM role. It would be nice to have some more diversity in ways to build the character. I chose Oghmir in part for the high Int - but with such low speed, we are easily intercepted and interrupted. If Elementalism doesn't allow for casting on horseback, like in MO1, perhaps add some bonuses to Elementalism or overall spell damage?
  • Add some level of concentration (and possibly some increased spell damage) to the Rock Solid buff. I'm stuck standing still, at least let me get a few casts off.
  • Add something that solidifies oghmirs as high damage spell casters. Humans have tons of synergy with magic schools (extra points, great regen, shamanistic, extra armor, tactician etc), Alvarins have speed/sight/thaumaturge. Oghmir can have high int at the expense of Dex/Str, but damage improvement due to INT scaling is negligible. Why would anyone chose Oghmir over Human or Alvarin for Elementalist? The clades are very lackluster regarding magic use. What about a clade that has a chance to consume more reagents for more damage? Let Oghmirs blast stuff occasionally.
  • Provide some Mounted Magery on a clade to encourage new players to go the MM route.
  • We are made of rock, do we get effected by temperature the same way everyone else does? Seems strange that humans get northerner and southerner but Oghmir live in the snow... toil over forges... and don't have options/choices for resists.
  • Combine some of the double perks to make room for something interesting. We have two clades that give +10% food consumption. Two clades that add 3kg of armor weight (with no regen!). I'm not looking to be as regen-ey as a human nor as fast/scouty as an alvarin - but to have something that sets Oghmir apart as something other than a strong Mounted Mage.
  • Warcry - Consider adding some concentration and knockdown resist to the warcry to make it more tempting.
  • Revisit the Stoneskin clade (damage reduction by 3). If I'm getting smashed by footies for big #s, -3 damage isn't coming close to helping.
Just a few ideas that I'm sure people will shoot down - but hopefully the discussion can help improve suggestions and improve the development of the game.

I don't see many Oghmirs playing mage unless they go MM - and thought it'd be nice to have some other options. Alvarin and Humans can shine in a variety of roles now, Oghmirs do not. I expected Oghmir to have affinity for magic, but it's not present in the clades in the same way it is for Humans and Alvarins.

I see a lot of Spiritism suggestions posted in discord, and know Henrik said we'd get some "juice" - but wanted to capture some ideas down on the forums. Thursar mages could also use some clades, but I'm not sure how much that fits lore-wise.

Stonefather

Oct 23, 2022
Spiritism has been quite lackluster since it's inception and there hasn't been anything added besides flux, if anything we've had quite a few nerfs. it definitely needs a rework of sorts and even bringing back spirit scouting in a limited form would be nice.

As for Oghmir fat mage at this current moment I can barely justify myself to keep playing as an Oghmir after 1800 hours let alone recommend it to anyone. Choosing 4-5 damage (8 more int from the typical human fat mage or 9 more int for a fat mage elf) over the ability to be able to play the game on foot isn't worth while,
Rock Solid is a very nice clade gift but the massive damage reduction doesn't help much when you have no speed as the best way to reduce damage is to not take it in the first place, if you attempt to cast whilst using rock solid you'll be lucky to get a single spell off because of concentration so even if you take significantly reduced damage as a mage you're delaying death in the hopes that you don't get killed before you can defend yourself.

I've been hoping for a small int buff on Huergar Oghmir in the hopes to at least to offset and make Oghmirs stand out in their niche. 4 to 5 damage is not enough of a difference when you consider that humans mana regen effectively make them have more damage via sustain with free riding skills tossed in and with the added bonus of being able to do foot content. An Oghmir Fat Mage on foot does not have the luxury of repositioning in a fight if things fall apart you have no escape, at least give us a bit more damage in compensation so we stand out slightly more else I fear humans will slowly phase Oghmir out for the sake of being able to do MM nearly as well as an Oghmir with the added bonus and being able to play the rest of the game too.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
110% Agree with all the spiritism QoL.
For the clades, as an Alvarin mage i feel that i have nowhere to put my last few clades, other than thaumaturge and the speed clades there is nothing in there for me, although i cant complain much because speed is king and we have 4 clades in for that, the recent buffs to human had made it pretty clear which is the best clade choice for mages, Alvarin for pure dex mage and human for every single other version of mage, from dagger mage to hybrids, paladins, fatmages, tamer mage, mounted mages... i cant picture any other scenario where i would rather be Oghmir over human right now, so yeah i think that alvarins still need some QoL clades related to magic and Oghmirs Definetly need some impactful buffs to make them stand out in some way for their own niche. Imo having a 100% concentration while in rock solid would be my choice of giving them their role, so +1 to that from me.

Reactions: Asirith

Dalamarius

Dec 20, 2022
I don't know about 100% but an additional 15% interupt resist (raising their cap to 85%) while unmounted, added to the -3 damage clade (stoneskin?) would be acceptable without being game breaking... OR... make mana regen scale with your armor weight cap in general, putting Oghmir's on par with humans Cleric clade, as well as making a "battle mage" a more viable build... it would also make another tough decision on skill points - as in would it be worth it then to put points into armor training or even heavy armor training as a magic build...

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
  • Add something that solidifies oghmirs as high damage spell casters. Humans have tons of synergy with magic schools (extra points, great regen, shamanistic, extra armor, tactician etc), Alvarins have speed/sight/thaumaturge. Oghmir can have high int at the expense of Dex/Str, but damage improvement due to INT scaling is negligible.
This is where i stopped reading.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
This is where i stopped reading.

Why, its obvious that Ogh has the highest alpha damage but the difference is less than 10% and the tradeoff is having the worst mobility, unless you are in a place where mounts can be used you are going to be the first to get kited if your side is winning or the first to be left behind if your side is losing, you also have the worst time positioning yourself in the battlefield, the only thing they can do is pop their clade and last 2 or 3 extra hits while getting interrupted all the same, an alvarin at least can pop the clades and reposition himself so he takes 0 damage while his clade is up and also forces more stamina drain in the enemies.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Every time i choose to farm spirits again is worse mechanically than the last time i tried it.

Not being able to channel beam attack while casting anymore is a huge downgrade.

You have to wait close to two seconds after you finish casting to start the beam

You loose all your buffs crossing nodelines, if you want to farm spirits 2 by 2 half of them bug and only have 1 spirit.

All the PoI camps are bad for farming spirits.

There is not enough areas in the game where you can farm 6orb spirits, 90% of the places are inconsistent.

The buff duration is too short in ALL the spells.

Seance failure rate its annoying, it should be always 1 and sometimes two if there is stuff to pull them from.

Spiritism pvp is the worst type of content in this game

Not even all the flux in the world can make this gameplay appealing, i want to uninstall whenever i try to farm spirits.

I want Ether specific PoI, i want stronger monster to fight other than jellyfishes or at least jellyfishes with more orbs that have better drops, maybe a way to farm rare and ancient spirit boxes in the ether, but please dont let this system on such a bad state any longer, at least try to give it a few QoL ASAP.

For example you still have to cast first cancel then self cast and you still cannot refresh or override buffs, it has been like this since before the release please fix.