Spiritism Cost Promotes RMT

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
I know this has been brought up before, but it’s honestly wild to me that SV hasn’t done anything to make the spiritism books more accessible.

The skill’s core feature rests on the ability to make and enter portals, which you cannot do without acquiring an ever-increasing gold hoard which now stands at over 20k per broker prices. Making things worse is that it’s so expensive to post, it’s just not posted anymore. You either have to search months for a seller on the discord (if you manage to accumulate the gold) or break the game rules by buying it from a third party site with real money.

Increasingly, these things are being RMT’d instead of sold for in-game gold because of how rare they are in the game. Rumors are abound of large guilds running RMT operations based exclusively around these books. While anecdotal, only one of the handful of spiritists I know acquired the books legitimately, and that’s because he got them way back when spiritism launched and the they were 10x cheaper.

Obviously there needs to be rare shit in the game that is out of reach for most players, but those rare items should not be so foundational to a skill as the books are to spiritism.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Piet

May 28, 2020
They are that expensive do to the economy being destroyed. This happened for a lot of reasons. Exploits, free farm on alt servers, etc. Now it's just not worth doing for the people who can do it without that much gold because how much gold they already have. Although it does seem like the economy has taken a positive turn. One of the books went from 6k to 2k. TC will drain a lot of gold for the big boys. SV can't change the price of Spiritism since it's a player economy without one of two options. Either they do what they are doing making it so the economy is healthier or they make it easier to get which they have as well. This isn't one of the main game issues though tbh. There's prebatched trinkets worth ridiculous amounts because they are so rare and some are not able to be gotten anymore. Some of these trinkets give a massive advantage like 22% extra damage and they don't drop on death.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
They are that expensive do to the economy being destroyed. This happened for a lot of reasons. Exploits, free farm on alt servers, etc. Now it's just not worth doing for the people who can do it without that much gold because how much gold they already have. Although it does seem like the economy has taken a positive turn. One of the books went from 6k to 2k. TC will drain a lot of gold for the big boys. SV can't change the price of Spiritism since it's a player economy without one of two options. Either they do what they are doing making it so the economy is healthier or they make it easier to get which they have as well. This isn't one of the main game issues though tbh. There's prebatched trinkets worth ridiculous amounts because they are so rare and some are not able to be gotten anymore. Some of these trinkets give a massive advantage like 22% extra damage and they don't drop on death.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's one of the main issues currently. As long as the RMT spiritist bots exist, there will always be a supply of spirit boxes in the game for mages to use, but if they find a more lucrative game and turn the bots off, necromancy will essentially be a dead skill because players wealthy enough to be spiritists aren't farming spirits to make money (they either RMT and don't need to farm or have way better money making methods). Future problem I guess.

The reason SV should address book access isn't because the game is broken, but because it leaves a shitty taste in noobs mouths. The reason I made this post was because some guy in help chat had a mini meltdown when he realized he grinded Spiritism up and bought the necessary spell book only to find out he can't use the defining feature of the skill.