SPinning / twisty animation pvp bad

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
For the argument going on in here. Spins IRL are in medieval manuscripts...but for all the wrong reasons.
1 ) They leave your back open
2 ) Make it near impossible for you the attacker to counter or riposte as strike as you spin
3 ) You are imbalanced and exhaust yourself faster
4 ) You take your eyes of the enemy

They were easily countered by a sword thrust or kick. Basically any thrust attack would work against some idiot in full armor spinning around. You can find a guy named Skalligrim on youtube, who goes in depth about spins being depicted in melee games and movies in quite a few videos - and how the manuscripts and historical recordings point out their flaws and how ineffective they were in actual combat.

The same thing can be said for modern day martial arts(MMA), though it's a more controlled environment with strict rule sets, without the additional weight and restricted range of motion when wearing armor - so you can take a calculated risk and do a spinning backfist or spinning hook kick. Though it's typically not something a lot of fighters will do many of, unless they like getting pushed kicked or taken to the ground. Sometimes the calculated risk pays off and they land a clean hit.

The closest to a real melee fight would look like this, though this is without the fear of death element of actual combat and even then, more risks are taken than they would be in a real life or death fight.

Anyone with any historical knowledge or martial arts background knows this. The reality is, people have invested time into learning spins and animation abuse, don't want that taken away from them as that's their advantage gone. Same thing happened in Chivalry and Mordhau. It's a valid reason, but at the same time, it shouldn't be possible to do and that blame falls on SV.

SkarKrow

Apr 22, 2021
Gloria Victis has a good counter to parry and blocks. Kick em' in the balls and it stuns the crap out of you allowing you to get a potential head strike in.

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022
Anyone suggesting spins are okay LOL ...

Do you want this game to be badly designed on purpose?

Spinning not only looks bad from a visual perspective, that is to say, it breaks a player's suspension of disbelief in the world physics the game attempts to emulate from real life, but it also outright spoils the combat. It also isn't fun to perform or deal with as an opponent or user.

1. It looks bad
2. It ruins the melee gameplay
3. It isn't fun to deal with or perform

It needs to change.

No player in the game wants to deal with learning to spin to have a sword fight. New players will look at that meta and just leave right away. It is goofy and has to go.

yurilai

Feb 27, 2022
i have question , do high ping people look at low ping people animation faster than low ping looking at low ping ? other than getting hit thru parry

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It super effective in real life look how fast this boxing match last with the spinning technique, I mean it almost like taking your eyes off your opponent to spin around like a jackass is a good way to leave your self open to a fist in the face.
It seems ur the one that knows jack shit about fighting. Any move in a fight is risky if done at the wrong time, but unless you are fighting outnumbered, it will 100% work on a 1v1 street fight. Only moves that are banned in mma are soccer kicks, grounded knees, headbutts, eye gouging, lowblows, etc. which mainly affect the grappling/clinching not the striking.

Ppl spin in street fights all the time

Its almost as if the spin made him panic and he couldnt read what Raymond was gonna throw, yeah Im sure it had nothing to do with him landing the punch ROFL

And this is an mma fight LOL you can tackle, takedown, slam, etc. Closest thing to a real fight you will get.
But these mofukers spin 1 360, for gaining some weapon momentum. Not 5 360 in 3 secconds without stamina penalty. I Guess i wouldnt be opposed to keep the spinning bullshit if it has a speed cap for turning and stamina drain, people could go full washing machine mode.

washing-machine-rock.gif

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
i have question , do high ping people look at low ping people animation faster than low ping looking at low ping ? other than getting hit thru parry
If you have high ping, you will basically see what the enemy is doing a little bit after he actually does it.
This means that you have less time to react, less time to parry.
There is no scenario in which a higher ping player has an advantage over a lower pinged player.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

yurilai

Feb 27, 2022
If you have high ping, you will basically see what the enemy is doing a little bit after he actually does it.
There is no scenario in which a higher ping player has an advantage over a lower pinged player.
ok tq for the info

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
There is no scenario where high ping is an advantage. What makes you say this? Do you know how prediction works?

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Aren't parries done on defender's client?

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
There is no scenario where high ping is an advantage. What makes you say this? Do you know how prediction works?
There is either no prediction, or very bad prediction, as stated by seeing a player with a bad packet loss (They teleport around instead of being moved continuously by the server)

Aren't parries done on defender's client?
Yes, parries are client side, but its not your parry that makes it harder to parry, its seeing the attack too late, check out j45k's stream on Twitch.tv , or his youtube videos, he plays with 230-240 ping because he is Australian. You will see that its very hard for him to parry

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Apart from maybe catching someone off guard with an attack from far away, you cant use prediction due to 360 blocking.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
Apart from maybe catching someone off guard with an attack from far away, you cant use prediction due to 360 blocking.
Yea, I have 170-190 ping and find myself getting easy hits cause people think I'm further away than I am. It is an advantage, however probably doesn't out weigh lower ping advantages.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yea, I have 170-190 ping and find myself getting easy hits cause people think I'm further away than I am. It is an advantage, however probably doesn't out weigh lower ping advantages.
Lagswitching does outweight low ping advantages by the nature of the stuttering and packet loss, aslong as theres no latency limitation it will continue to be the case. Yet ping normalization in this game is a bullshit lie and under no circumstances higher ping (and under 350-400ms) has any advantage over a low ping player.

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
A proper solution would be to make turning while holding a swing cost stamina if you move like 45~ degrees from the direction you started the swing, it will help against these spin2win spergs that crutch on animation hiding, then change the bashing mechanic to be directional and disrupt a parry while doing blunt damage, promotes more skillbased melee combat without being reliant on ping like chambering would be.

Bonii

Jun 8, 2020
Just a bunch of bottom of the barrel PVE players struggling to compete. Complaining about realism? I agree - let me just cast a magic spell in real life or command a bear to fight for me.

If they re-add the turn cap, then the skill ceiling is going to be severely capped without other mechanics replacing this.

The spins are only effective in 1v1 - not in group fights.

Reactions: tal0s and Jandles

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
Just a bunch of bottom of the barrel PVE players struggling to compete. Complaining about realism? I agree - let me just cast a magic spell in real life or command a bear to fight for me.

If they re-add the turn cap, then the skill ceiling is going to be severely capped without other mechanics replacing this.

I agree, I don't think turn caps are the solution here, I think it should be a valid way to fight but cost more stamina to spin around like beyblades.

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021

Yea seems this guy fought a couple duels and said "this is how fighting is".

actetto

Apr 21, 2022
Yea seems this guy fought a couple duels and said "this is how fighting is".

That is how fighting is.
In a large fight - coordination, gear, and positioning matter much more than individual player skill. This is true in every game whether the small scale fighting works (most other MMOs) or doesn't (MO2).

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
That is how fighting is.
In a large fight - coordination, gear, and positioning matter much more than individual player skill. This is true in every game whether the small scale fighting works (most other MMOs) or doesn't (MO2).
That is how dueling is. In the middle of a large fight you may turn but you are not spinning to win.

actetto

Apr 21, 2022
That is how dueling is. In the middle of a large fight you may turn but you are not spinning to win.

Okay, riddle me this. If the spins don't matter at all in a large fight, why do you care if they are removed, nerfed, or otherwise?