Spellcasting at Night.

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
So in my our personal experience casting spells at night made it very difficult if not impossible to see anything passed the lighting effects. Can anyone tell me if this is working as intended and your not really suppose to see targets at night while charging spells or is this an unintended consequence? I only ask because I've heard its gotten worse and I was wondering what other people's experiences were like.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
People were already making feedback that spells made it hard to see any thing especially at night. Now they made it worse.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
There was a specific patch a few months ago (patch 0.1.6.13) where they changed how lighting or something works, forget exactly but its in the patch notes. Ever since this the casting at nighttime had the issues you describe. A few patches later they put a note saying this should be relieved but it barely did anything for most spells. This is still a issue that needs fixing yes.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Probably the least of issues when it comes to playing a mage but yeah. Idk honestly mage only good for healing and low cost griefing

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
So in my our personal experience casting spells at night made it very difficult if not impossible to see anything passed the lighting effects. Can anyone tell me if this is working as intended and your not really suppose to see targets at night while charging spells or is this an unintended consequence? I only ask because I've heard its gotten worse and I was wondering what other people's experiences were like.
I've seen it's gotten worse with many kinds of lights and shadows. These are the notes from the Patch that describe the issues:
  • (Change) Increased daylight intensity.
    • And this is how we know that in the solar system of the game, moonlight really is reflected daylight (sunlight).
vDtiMwZ.png

This moon's so bright, now, that
the features on its surface are blurred.
Screenshots courtesy of https://www.twitch.tv/l_irix

But it's not just daylight, sunlight, or moonlight.
  • (Change) Increased contrast in the world.
Those two changes together mean a lot of glare and yet not much illumination:

gBfFxh1.png

Ether Portal spell glare
does not illuminate a dark room,
but might one-shot your retinas.​

These are just ordinary player graphics settings on what was very recently a live stream. There are many other examples to be found. You can pull out a torch to light your way, but you'll want to avoid looking directly at it, too. Time for Star Vault to tone it down a little.

Reactions: Raknor