Some Observations / QoL Suggestions

ARandomGerman

Feb 2, 2022
So after getting around learning the game, here's a list of things I find kinda annoying/cumbersome and maybe others share the same view / have stuff to add.

• Pet/Animal Pathing issues
    It seems pet have like two "modes" of pathing. Whenever my Wolf chases a Springbock they both climb the steapest hills they can find while chasing each other, but once the dead body lies somewhere in the middle of nowhere, my pet switches to "dumb-mode" and cannot even take 10cm drops etc. and is stuck. It's to far to be stabled, you have to find a way up to it and then painfully walk it slowly 1km around ledges etc.

Also: Horses like to get on top of buildings/sheds but it's a nightmare to get them back down.
    (Herbalism Building in Toxai for example. Took me a solid hour to get my horse back and with bags & stuff you can't even stable it, even though stables are close by)
    horse-on-shed.png
    horse-on-building.png

Wild Animals also seem to run straight into rocks / walls fom time to time. Phasing through the Haven walls or gathering in a flock of 4-5 inside a rock with their heads barely visible.

• Not All Window Positions are stored.
    Pet/Inventory/Character/Skill windows save their position, but the others don't (Bank, Pet-Bag, Loot-Window) and always popup in the middle of the screen.

• Toggle instead of Open for the Pet-Bag action
    Other Windows are toggled but the Pet-Window is only to be opened but not closed again via Hotkey

• Accepting/Canceling a stacksplit via Keyboard
    Currently you can input numbers but not accept your stacksplit via Enter or other means, a general YES/NO keybind would be nice (ex. used for destroying items as well)

• Stacksplit Window not movable / not reachable if Item/Inventory is to low on screen.
    See screenshot, if you have the inventory way down and try to split an item in the lowest row, there's now way to do that and you can't move the split dialog back into sight either.
    stack-split-out-of-ui.png

• Renaming or "marking" coloring bags.
    Would greatly help organizing Bank/Inventory instead of browsing through the bags and open them one by one
    bag-sorting.png

• Sort skill alphabetically
    Kinda hard to get around and find what you'Re looking for, especially for people who're not mo1 veterans.

• Dedicated Expand/Collapse buttons for skillwindow.
    Whenever I wanna track XP on a skill it also expands/collapses the tre under it, which is kinda annoying. Having a button mapped to the +/- kinda like the increase/decrease/lock icon for XP would be very welcome.

• "Reload" Hotkey
    Yes I know you can hotkey a stack of arrows but it also takes some out and behaves kinda weird in some way. I don't mind a time-loss function when loading arrows (like it is with changing armor) but a simple "reload current arrow/ammo"-hotkey would be way nicer instead of fiddeling around with the inventory, mouse mode, double-checking on character screen etc. mid combat or while running around trying to kite a bear.
    arrows-on-hotkeys.png

€dit: these just in :)

• Hotkeys for emotes
    Or have a third tab in the skillbook named "action" where it lists all actions you can perform, like rest, cook, etc but also emotes, spells, you-name-it instead of those extra "show all skill buttons" thingy in the list.

• Broker Search fix? explanation?
    It seems it operates by magic or something but it's far from a usable search. At least support something like *horse* or something because I find myself browsing through pages because apart from the most basic usage (and not even 100% then) search-queries just don't return anything usable.

• Item Swap with same slot.
    If you change, for example, you spear with a fishing rod, the items should swap in-place. Instead currently the item you take off lands in the first free spot in your inventory. Could also have a system where you can "lock" vertain items to a slot, like middle-click or something so these are "blocked/reserved" from other items getting in there.

Anyway, that's it for now.
Of course queue/server/capacity work is top priority right now but thought I'll get those points out there and gather feedback from others here as well.

cheers,
ARG

Last edited:

ARandomGerman

Feb 2, 2022
Had a couple more things after way more hours sunk into the game:

• Don't show passwords as plaintext but mask with ****
    Because leaking them when streaming etc. is no fun ;) Maybe also remove the amount that they're shown because when I enter it at a door, why do I need to re-check when at a chest inside that house while it's not possible to have different passwords set anyway.

• Detailed/Fixed skill descriptions
    "Slightly increases" should not equal to "doubles", especially if you are, like me, not an mo1 veteran and just go by what is presented on screen.
    It just makes the experience for new players more inconvenient as it already is. I don't mind a learning curve, I've survived eve, but wrong or missing information is what leaves a bad taste.

• More Keycode support or primary/secondary bindings
    As it stands, I can't bind, for example, F13-F24 while perfectly usable and fine elsewhere. Usually it shouldn't be a problem to just bind whatever keycode the OS sends but somehow MO2 does it differently. Also: primary/alt Bindings would be nice, for example binding block on right-mouse-button but in addition to a dedicated key on the keyboard.

• UTF-8!!!
    I just don't know how in 2022 any ingame chat still has no clue about anything other than english letters *shrugs*

• Free Actionbars.
    Coming from other User Interfaces etc.. why have those 4 default, vertical bars?
    Maybe something like: ok, you have 120 action slots which you can bind to keys and you can configure them.
    *add bar* add a bar with 1 slot. *set to 3x5 layout* uses 15 action slots and results in a 3x5 grid which you can use.
    Or something different but just to get the interface more customizable.

• Hotkeys for the new /commands
    Yeah, you added even more /commands which one has to remember w/o making the old ones bindable or turn them into 'skill icons' in the professions ab or whatever. Yes you can use 3rd Party tools to make mcros for them which in itself is forbidden from your side, so...

• Fix the Gamma "cheating"
    Afaik it is supposed to be dark at night and in caves etc and I dig a nice atmosphere it creates but in any multiplayer environment it should be the same rules for all involved. So while some have black-boost-witchcraft in the monitor, others nvidia control panel, next a slighty worse of different implementation for amd and some are out of luck with geforenow etc.. tackle it once and for all and have like a black fog-of-war that limits your view distance instead of just the absence of light, which should level the playing field for all and remove the option to cheat-the-system with gamma-stuff etc...
    BUT: that would also need a couple of different options to create light, portable campfires are a step in the right direction but why not a light-spell or something as well.

• Tameable panthers when? :)
    I mean, they're there, they can hunt / attack, have models etc... why are they not tameable?

Reactions: Tzone