Some feedback regarding necro

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
- Why does it take more than 5 seconds to spawn a walker? A fight can sometimes end in 5 seconds. Walkers drain so much mana that it's not really feasible to just be running around with them spawned in advance. I don't have walker knowledge yet, but even one or two walker can completely nullify your mana regen depending on your pool, and i don't think it's that much better with walker knowledge.

- After being commanded to attack a target, walkers stop following you after the target is dead and you need to cast command undead on yourself.

- In addition to walkers suffering from all the usual pet problems, they sometimes go into slowass mode and start walking as slow as snails until you cast command undead on yourself

- Charge circle almost always bugged and almost never works, which is gonna be a pain until you have 100/200/500+ hours on necro and learned all the timings perfectly

- The cast animation doesn't indicate that the cast is about to happen (that is, you need to point your reticule to the target at that moment), it just happens at the end of the charge animation. I really think it should happen shortly after the "throwing" animation begins. Hope it's clear what i'm trying to say. Every time i cast a necro spell i think "damn, it's really awkward, the QA team must have missed it".

- The problems with weapon switching are only exacerbated with necro. We need faster animations, we need to be able to parry/attack immediately after the animation (right now there is like 1 or 2 seconds delay) or even interrupt the animation, and we need a hotkey to switch between different weapons AND unarmed. I know it's "planned" but just make sure that there will be an option to switch to/from unarmed as well, not just different weapon types. There is also a short cant-do-anything delay after casting a spell.

- Having death hand reflected right in your face is no fun. I'm really afraid this patch was actually a net nerf to mages simply because of the reflect change. You now need to spurt the entire enemy group if you intend to use offensive spells, or keep in mind the names of all the guys you did spurt and never touch the other. Oh and of course if there is more than one mage in your group you need to somehow come to an agreement on who spurts whom to not waste more time than is needed on spurting. It's a hot mess. I liked the change in the beginning but hell no, it's just terrible. Either remove it or give us phys reflect spell with all the same features - should last 800 seconds and have no downsides. So that melees would have to always hit you with an uncharged swing first. It would still be not as strong as magic reflect 'cause melee is many small hits vs magic's few strong hits, but still. I'm sure melee guys will be extremely happy with the change and absolutely not come to Sweden to storm the SV head office and keep Henrik hostage until its reverted.

- pressing cast on yourself DURING spell charge animation should result in the spell being cast on you. Come on. It's such an obvious and a much needed change.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
But if you have reflect on, and so does your targets, shouldn't your offensive spell go to him, reflected back to you, and reflected again back to him?

😉

Or does it? Lol

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Some idiotic noob thought doing an exception to the rule for reflects and heals would make mages better "support" when in fact is shit.

The use of reflects was Indeed situational where people had to opt for using it depending on the moment, since for example a warrior could die by reflecting a heal.
The whole expectrum of uses for reflect reduced to allways have reflect.

Another feature dumbed down by another idiotic steam kid whispering in henrique's ear.

I really don't know who think those changes are good, they are trash. If they wanted to balance mages they would need to do better and more radical changes.

Thinking they are fixing" ecumenical being garbage by making everyone use reflect all the time. Keep dumbing down shit guys definitely gotta answer to the moronic mainstream population lmao.

Good review of necro, what can i Say i was expecting it to be this bad. And we probably don't know all the exploits the test team is doing right now.

Reactions: Raknor

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
I've tested Ahk bond. It takes 1 summon, 1 control, 1 ahk bond. 8.2 seconds of casting 6spirits and 2 ritual blood. It lasts for a minute and in the end the damage negation is barely 5% IF it negates at all. It does not stack with multiple walkers.

Tested with an Axe and sword. Its NOT worth it. Walkers at this time seem like a very niche thing. The only use I've seen is using sacrificial heal on a walker you already have to try to get a quick heal (40hp with 120 int).

The explosion is also terrible. 18-28hp or so in a tiny aoe.Again you need to cast 3 times.

edit: the walker damage is terrible and they move too slowly to make any difference.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I've tested Ahk bond. It takes 1 summon, 1 control, 1 ahk bond. 8.2 seconds of casting 6spirits and 2 ritual blood. It lasts for a minute and in the end the damage negation is barely 5% IF it negates at all. It does not stack with multiple walkers.

Tested with an Axe and sword. Its NOT worth it. Walkers at this time seem like a very niche thing. The only use I've seen is using sacrificial heal on a walker you already have to try to get a quick heal (40hp with 120 int).

The explosion is also terrible. 18-28hp or so in a tiny aoe.Again you need to cast 3 times.

edit: the walker damage is terrible and they move too slowly to make any difference.
This is pretty much exactly how it was in Mo1, and yes walkers were useless there too. The only good spells out of the whole necro line were the shades and death knights summons (and tupilak summon in certain situations). Thats it.

Reactions: Hodo

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
This is pretty much exactly how it was in Mo1, and yes walkers were useless there too. The only good spells out of the whole necro line were the shades and death knights summons (and tupilak summon in certain situations). Thats it.
It wouldbe a lot better if we could switch to/from melee mode fast at least. Would create a much more skillful and enjoyable gameplay.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Gotta suck to take 2+ months to copy a code from another game 😵

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Ever got swarmed by mummy's in MO1?

Edit: And death hand was also awsome!

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
second thoughts, Once you get walker lore you can have multiple walkers with you and have decent mana regen. It's still niche but useful in some situations. Ahk bond is complete trash though. Doesn't stack and the damage transfer is too small to be noticeable.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Exactly.... but I guess people didnt want to hear that when I was saying it a month ago... or two months ago or when he announced they were working on Necromancy before siege or TC. But what do I know I only played MO1 for 13 years.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
Pretty sure the main reason why necro was voted in was so that the death knight abusers would have them again, and they're probably never coming back lmao!

Reactions: Gnidex and Hodo

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Mummies were op until they got nerfed in MO1. You had fat mages summoning 4 then telling them to attack and like logging out so they cant run out of mana lmao... But they got nerfed and DK didnt so in the end DK and shades were the only ones anyone cared about.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
just saw a video of a sheevra naked mage using deathhand vs an ogh fighter 1v1, funny result ensued of the mage winning in 4 casts

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
just saw a video of a sheevra naked mage using deathhand vs an ogh fighter 1v1, funny result ensued of the mage winning in 4 casts
The ogh must be braindead and the sheevra must be godlike. 300cm is literally sword range.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
he tried to bow instead of using melee, but the fighter was pretty bad lol

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Exactly.... but I guess people didnt want to hear that when I was saying it a month ago... or two months ago or when he announced they were working on Necromancy before siege or TC. But what do I know I only played MO1 for 13 years.
That's how they reserve "content" in advance. Hold back on features and implement garbage and then when it's released bring int he content you cut out beforehand. Wanna bet TC will be EXACTLY the same as in MO1 when it actually does come out?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
That's how they reserve "content" in advance. Hold back on features and implement garbage and then when it's released bring int he content you cut out beforehand. Wanna bet TC will be EXACTLY the same as in MO1 when it actually does come out?
Took em like 3 months to copy necro from MO1 :S

Reactions: Gnidex