Solo help please

BowtiesRCool

Nov 4, 2021
I’m a new player and struggling to tackle any pve content on my own. I can wreck the graveyard, and of course kill pigs and the like. I have joined a guild yes, and could group with others to farm mobs. Sometimes/often, I enjoy working alone. Is it possible to have a productive and meaningful solo pve experience? Is there a particular build that I could aim for to accomplish this?
Thanks for reading

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
There's quite alot of self sufficient builds which can cover many options in PVE and PVP.

Here's my personal favourite for all arounder although the dex is much slower than others (Mounted helps out with that a little)

Dwarf/Ogmir Blainn/Blainn
Age 30

Attributes:
123 - Str
87 - Dex
126 - Const
13 - int (min)
10 psy - (min)

Playstyle: Fighter/Mounted-Archer/Mounted-Combat

Profession: Miner/Extractor/Weaponsmith (With Rizar head/Rizar handles you can craft all weapontypes)

You can rock around with heavy axes or heavy maces, and do Mounted combat with that on the horse, You will also hit mobs extremely hard per hit on foot or mount.

You can also wield 123str bows which can be used for PVP and PVE farming.

Last edited:

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Yes, you can play solo meaningfully. To what end "meaningfully" is, depends on you.

Most AI in this game are able to be learned and worked around as a solo player. Often this requires unfortunate, sort of immersion breaking, tactics, but it is still doable.

You could roll a full tank fighter and get away with a lot of nonsense, as @RaptorBlackz mentioned. You could also run a Mounted Archer build to be able to do most content alone. I personally play a full human with a complicated hybrid build - it enables me to get away with a LOT as a solo player, but the costs can be high when I make a mistake.

So, the particular build would depend a lot on what you want to accomplish. A tanky MA would be the hands-down most self sufficient class, but you will lack versatility (and speed) on foot. If you are okay with that, try it out.

In the end though, it's a 'learn to play' sort of issue. Most people would never dream of fighting Sators or other PvE content with a full human in light armor, but, I do it anyway (and succeed a lot!). So my final suggestion would be to evaluate what specifically you want from the game, how you could approach that content, how effecient you want to be vs having fun or being immersed, and then ultimately choose for yourself.

BowtiesRCool

Nov 4, 2021
Thank you for the responses. I'm coming from Ultima Online, in which, with many builds I am able to farm just about anything solo. With a mage or an animal tamer you can slaughter dragons or entire dungeons. Perhaps I need to adjust my expectations of solo engagement.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Thank you for the responses. I'm coming from Ultima Online, in which, with many builds I am able to farm just about anything solo. With a mage or an animal tamer you can slaughter dragons or entire dungeons. Perhaps I need to adjust my expectations of solo engagement.
Yes, you do. The game is a lot more difficult in general for a solo player and you will not be able to face world bosses (or will you?) alone. Dungeons are generally quite difficult as well, but I have been able to solo the lower tier ones.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Like someone else said it's pretty immersion breaking but usually as a mounted mage just ride in circles while casting fulminante and healing your horse in-between

BowtiesRCool

Nov 4, 2021
Any tips on blocking beasts? Cougars for example…I can’t seem to tell what attack is coming to block it….I just guess and I’ve got a 25% chance

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Blocking animals is not just inconsistent but with the super human attack speeds they have its usually not worth doing when they have directional attacks. You barely have time to read where its coming from, its a big 50/50 or 33/66 if you are going to get a parry and then you either gained slightly from it or lost damage on it. Right now most animals are better to just have a dps slugfest with them. Like cougars and wolves.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
I personally love my stout veela hybrid. You can look up some builds and move skills around to fit whatever you like farming but the 114 str bows and 10% mining and butchery yield bonuses are very nice.

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
Blocking animals is not just inconsistent but with the super human attack speeds they have its usually not worth doing when they have directional attacks. You barely have time to read where its coming from, its a big 50/50 or 33/66 if you are going to get a parry and then you either gained slightly from it or lost damage on it. Right now most animals are better to just have a dps slugfest with them. Like cougars and wolves.
Once you get used to parrying they are easy as long as you dont have more then one on you. Two melee bandits on a veela with moli armor with swords is definitely do able. And you can just run away if you get in trouble.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Once you get used to parrying they are easy as long as you dont have more then one on you. Two melee bandits on a veela with moli armor with swords is definitely do able. And you can just run away if you get in trouble.
The thing is, you CAN do it. but if you are solo there is no point. You are sucking your stamina dry and for no benefit.

Animals need to start following both the combat aesthetic and game rules that both humanoid NPCs and players have to.
If you cant figure out what direction an attack from an animal is coming from even if you watched them attack you in slowmotion the first time you ran into one. Then the design is poop.

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
The thing is, you CAN do it. but if you are solo there is no point. You are sucking your stamina dry and for no benefit.

Animals need to start following both the combat aesthetic and game rules that both humanoid NPCs and players have to.
If you cant figure out what direction an attack from an animal is coming from even if you watched them attack you in slowmotion the first time you ran into one. Then the design is poop.
Sorry thought you were talking about bandits. Yeah animals aren’t worth blocking atm. Maybe itll come with beast mastery but the devs have more important things to work on imo.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
yea in the field @ butchery! Just rolled over to full khur for human buffs.

I think the butchery yield bonus actually lets you get to some materials you'd otherwise need a butchery table to get, right? Or was that a bug that was fixed?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I'm not sure about everything, I'd have to see yields, but I know you don't get stuff like iron wool. I'd field stuff though, get like 3k guard fur or whatever real quick. Mola/etc. I 'suggested' that it should not give 10% extra yields ( still not happy w/ those % gifts), but rather allow you to butch all mats in field. So everything at field + some table only stuff.

But pretty sure you are still limited by not being at a table. I wasn't here to see the bug, unfort haha.
I remember being able to get some scales that you normally you'd have to haul the carcass back to a bench to get.
But I haven't checked if its still the case or ever was supposed to be a bench requirement even.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I was unsure if it was horned or keeled. But is it still a thing? Alvarin with the clade are the only ones able to skin for these scales or?

Last edited: