Skills Actually Are Getting Set to 0

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I can only speak from my own experience but the skills getting set to 0 is a real bug, not just newbs who don't know how skills work.

In the specific instance where it happened to me, Mammalia took a huge hit and then most of the secondaries under it were reset to 0 trained, 12 INT bonus. The thing is I know what it was trained to because I was trying to kill wolves since I had noticed that my Ursidae was already trained to like 100, and Caniaforma(sp?) was not at 100. Figured might as well level another Zoology under Caniaforma rather than just killing more bears.

Then I butcher a razorback, go to feed it to my bear, and notice it requires more CC points than I have. Check zoologies, and notice Urisdae is trained to 0. In fact, most of my Zoology skills were.

That's impossible (if the game is functioning properly). Even if I manually zeroed out Mamallia (which I didn't) Ursidae would still be TRAINED to 100. It's effective skill would just be capped at whatever Mamallia was at.

So your game is actually deleting people's skills. It's not just newbs who don't know what's going on, it's a serious issue that requires immediate attention.

Last edited:

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
People have taken my lack of playing as a protest to the games problems, which in a way I could see that.

But the issue is the fact the game is so unstable and so many problems keep cropping up with each new band aid fix. I just refuse to play until I feel like I can play without something ridiculous happening.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I noticed a likewise bug but not so serious as yours: A secondary parent skill has been at 90 points (including the bonus) and the primary child skill reached 100 points. I pressed the button to reduce overskilled points, and then the primary got reduced to something like 80+bonus = 90, means same as parent skill.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
People have taken my lack of playing as a protest to the games problems, which in a way I could see that.

But the issue is the fact the game is so unstable and so many problems keep cropping up with each new band aid fix. I just refuse to play until I feel like I can play without something ridiculous happening.

Yeah. Honestly, it was massively demoralizing for me. These were a lot of zoology secondaries I had spent significant time training. I'm sitting in Haven unable to get into the mainland. Unable to farm useful resources. Unable to get many of the skillbooks I need. Already having missed out on the risar gold farm. Contenting myself with training zoologies and extraction skills on one of my characters, and then the game deletes half that work.

But nah. We're not going to wipe once these issues stabilize. That would make too much sense.