Skillrates on persistence

D

Dracu

skilling up in mo is a tiring and long process which revolves around using macros. Yeah a change is needed :) this patch added xp based on dmg somebody should retest if its now quicker :D

This is not a game with level brackets... new players are fighting against the end of the line from the start. Long leveling processes of by grinding mundane things is an old concept that needs to go away.

I rather see introduction tutorials that maxes the skills and you can finetune it over time rather then oh boy i just spawned oh look a bear i better run... ups got to learn how to breathe first iam dead... and i could do literally nothing cause i havent macroed yet.

Reactions: agui

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
skilling up in mo is a tiring and long process which revolves around using macros. Yeah a change is needed :) this patch added xp based on dmg somebody should retest if its now quicker :D

This is not a game with level brackets... new players are fighting against the end of the line from the start. Long leveling processes of by grinding mundane things is an old concept that needs to go away.

I rather see introduction tutorials that maxes the skills and you can finetune it over time rather then oh boy i just spawned oh look a bear i better run... ups got to learn how to breathe first iam dead... and i could do literally nothing cause i havent macroed yet.

Most players misunderstand how necessary levelling & skilling is when it comes to the overall mechanics of games, let alone a game like MO. There's a reason this formula is used over and over again.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
I shoot first ask later ... jokes a part thats a good idea if they remember henrik just said now in twicht they already have things done... so one more motive to say here we need that change.

About books ... blade .. thats not in game hours to read ...

not for now since it's *100 speed ; but imagine it being the same number at persistance and it being real hours like mo 1 ^^

Books aren't supposed to be the be all end all of skilling but a gateway to learn skills and get some passive exp as a bonus while you're offline. This is especially relevant for the likes of crafting, because the expectation is you will use resources and create low quality items in order to gain expertise. The assumption isn't to allow you to just zoom through to max level with a book and a cup of tea. Same goes for combat, you have to get out in the world and do things - that or sit in town and train on players/dummies :p

true , but i remember from 70 to 100 it required about 4/5 stack to go to 100 , easy enought on pig iron , but on tung or high end ... ^^^that's why i'm saying 0 to 50 should be fast

D

Dracu

Most players misunderstand how necessary levelling & skilling is when it comes to the overall mechanics of games, let alone a game like MO. There's a reason this formula is used over and over again.
Not really. The leveling process is a tutorial for the thing you play. But in what form is the skilling up a tutorial in mo2? You dont learn combat by hitting a dummy for hours. Or walking up and down in heavy armor for hours or riding in circles. None of it does. Dont get me wrong. Spamming craftbutton making thousand bonetissue swords doesnt teach you how to make proper weapons. Its tedious and its boring and could be replaced with something meaningfull.

I dont say remove the entire skill system. Its good for finetuning. But replace the skilling up with actuall stuff. Like „hey go to that combat tutor... you fight him, explore the world find a better trainer that teaches you more advanced stuff every city has their specialtys etc. You get to try different stuff and you increase skill points while doing so. Meaningfull tutorials and activitys that actually helps actually learning how to fight and play > hitting a dummy.

Atm its just stretching gameplay thats what it is. If you have to timegate it then do so in a better way :)

What we have is textboxes of death and dummys you hit for hours. Is that good? Hell no, maybe back in early 20s. But nowadays? No way!

Reactions: agui

Gorf

May 8, 2021
My backgrount is from UO, darkfall online and such. I personally like very slow skill up rates, like in dfo it took way over one year to fully max your character even if you have afk macroed during the nights. Skilling up your character is part of game experience and content for me. Mastering my char in something should be achievement and something to look for.
What I absolutelly hated though was forcing people to afk macro. DFO implemented 3x skillups of magic meele, stats etc only while doing pve which reduced amount and significance of macroing and at the same time promoted pvp as people went to the world instead of afk swimming at the edge of the map or afk macro magic bugged under the texture.
I just hope, but also doubt MO2 will not promote afk macro as the best way to skill up your character. Im really surprised that henrik do not want to comment on this. Last patch we have seen some (very minor changes which slightly reduce importance of afk macro compared to regular playing) but still not enough. I seriously do not want to run my pc over nights in order too keep up with try hards teenagers who do not care and now it might sound silly power consumption, noice, enviroment, etc.

D

Dracu

My backgrount is from UO, darkfall online and such. I personally like very slow skill up rates, like in dfo it took way over one year to fully max your character even if you have afk macroed during the nights. Skilling up your character is part of game experience and content for me. Mastering my char in something should be achievement and something to look for.
What I absolutelly hated though was forcing people to afk macro. DFO implemented 3x skillups of magic meele, stats etc only while doing pve which reduced amount and significance of macroing and at the same time promoted pvp as people went to the world instead of afk swimming at the edge of the map or afk macro magic bugged under the texture.
I just hope, but also doubt MO2 will not promote afk macro as the best way to skill up your character. Im really surprised that henrik do not want to comment on this. Last patch we have seen some (very minor changes which slightly reduce importance of afk macro compared to regular playing) but still not enough. I seriously do not want to run my pc over nights in order too keep up with try hards teenagers who do not care and now it might sound silly power consumption, noice, enviroment, etc.
yeah meaningfull content that lets you improve your character skills while offering a fun experience. Doesnt matter if its super fast or super slow, it just needs to be fun, afk macroing isnt fun in my book.... boosting skill gain in pve would prolly be the easiest to implement and might make it till persistent release.