Simple Change: Arrow Icons

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
Please please PLEASE make a different icons for arrows. Bodkin, Broadhead, and Longbow arrows should not look identical.
I hate having to hover over each icon to separate broadhead arrows from longbow arrows.

I'm not a programmer, but i'm pretty sure changing the icon would be extremely easy.

P.S. please stop neglecting archers. Starting to feel like the unwanted step child that lives under the staircase.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It should be alvarin's clade gift instead of nightvision. Because how come you can see in the dark but can't tell which arrow is broadhead and shich is longbow.

D

Deleted member 44

When you open your inventory, you can distinguish broadhead from longbow arrows without hovering over them?
Nope, and I don't really care. It takes less than a second to read. Can you tell what all other weapons and armor are made of by just icons? Nope, and again, doesn't matter. I can't imagine what situation that I would be in that I would need to frantically click on a long bow and long bow arrows unless I was some META garbage OP Oghmir build that when is dismounted becomes twice as deadly. I feel like this post is triggered from some past event where I killed your horse and you were frantically searching for your long bow arrows to shoot me as I ran off with your steel horse armor.

I'm still using that armor.

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
Nope, and I don't really care. It takes less than a second to read. Can you tell what all other weapons and armor are made of by just icons? Nope, and again, doesn't matter. I can't imagine what situation that I would be in that I would need to frantically click on a long bow and long bow arrows unless I was some META garbage OP Oghmir build that when is dismounted becomes twice as deadly. I feel like this post is triggered from some past event where I killed your horse and you were frantically searching for your long bow arrows to shoot me as I ran off with your steel horse armor.

I'm still using that armor.

I wouldn't mind better icons either. I don't think this would be hard for developers at all, although I understand that they may plan for an icon update somewhere further down the road, when more changes are needed, and currently don't want to bother. Your post is needlessly trollish, though.

D

Deleted member 44

I wouldn't mind better icons either. I don't think this would be hard for developers at all, although I understand that they may plan for an icon update somewhere further down the road, when more changes are needed, and currently don't want to bother. Your post is needlessly trollish, though.
Trollish? I'm not trolling anyone. It's a waste of development time. I presented a situation that he's probably mad about.

I am not.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Can you tell what all other weapons and armor are made of by just icons? Nope, and again, doesn't matter.

It's not the same. Your sword is most likely on your hotbar, you don't even need to open the inventory to equip it.
Different icons for arrows aren't THAT important and i personally CAN live without it but i don't see why i HAVE to live without it, since on the dev side, it's just one icon to change, maybe just draw a small circle in the corner on a longbow arrow icon. It's, like, 5 minutes of work.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I don't see any reason for icons for arrows to look like 'whole arrows'. Is that necessary? No.
All you have to know is what the tip looks like, and if the tip of the arrow was the only image on the icon, you could tell them apart by type. Easily. No loss.
That and the number of arrows of whatever type are stacked together are all that needs to be on the icon.
It's a waste of development time.
Always a negligible argument. We proopse changes, Star Vault decides how to spend their timre.

When in the history of making suggestions to them has 'when' a change was suggested mattered too much?

Reactions: Falcar