Shorter timeframe to apply murder count

Tricit

Dec 19, 2023
Why is the timeframe to apply murder counts so long?

We have a grey area where someone's horse is attacked, they take a head shot, go die to bandits instead, and no one gets the loot, and they can MC. On the other side of the line, I can mechanically punch a guard, wait out my crim timer, and MC the last guy that did damage to me.

Why are both possible? To be honest, neither should be possible.

I will be honest, and up front. I actively pursue applying MC to anyone that attacks me, fail or succeed. The duration I have to apply a murder count is so long, that I could even do this if I wanted to be slick about it. Why can't I be permitted to do a naked noob sword risar test after someone attacks me? I then have the option to apply a murder to someone that attacked me an hour ago.

The solution is simple: The time we should be allowed to apply a murder count needs to be significantly decreased. I know there is a time of some sort. But giving the option to someone that wanted to alt-f4 or chill in spirit mode does not outweigh the other side of the coin. Reduce this to 30 seconds. The guy that ragequit and came back in 15 minutes is not even going to care that much about applying that murder count. Meanwhile, this 30 second standard would prevent people from getting murder counts when they did not successfully murder.

Then goes the question: Should attempted murder also be punished?

Last edited: