Server has been dead for 6 hours

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
yes, 10 hours now is more like it.
but then again, the community has been just as dead since I have been trying all this time to log and no signal from anybody to the futility.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
yes, 10 hours now is more like it.
but then again, the community has been just as dead since I have been trying all this time to log and no signal from anybody to the futility.
They are doing the worst thing they could do as I feared. Instead of building on all the hype and support by hiring more help they are... well we dont really know now do we?

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
They are doing the worst thing they could do as I feared. Instead of building on all the hype and support by hiring more help they are... well we dont really know now do we?

People have to remember that hiring people cost money and SV has a certain workflow and systems that the employees has to know. So getting a new employee effective in these systems requires time and effort from both the new employee and SV. So hiring a bunch of devs is a bad move right now.

But hiring people for more simpler tasks for handling twitter and talk to the commumity is prob a good idea.

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
As I already discussed on discord with some of the people here that's why you need a PTR server separated from the beta server.

Beta is NOT a PTR server and if the game has issues with plugins and UE upgrades you need PTR server to test it live there first.

Beta cannot be during 2 weeks in a crashfest, that's innaceptable, beta doesnt mean is not stable. Beta needs to be stable to maintain the hype for the game.

You deploy on PTR server and let the PTR crash during weeks, that's fine, but you keep a stable beta, come on.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
As I already discussed on discord with some of the people here that's why you need a PTR server separated from the beta server.

Beta is NOT a PTR server and if the game has issues with plugins and UE upgrades you need PTR server to test it live there first.

Beta cannot be during 2 weeks in a crashfest, that's innaceptable, beta doesnt mean is not stable. Beta needs to be stable to maintain the hype for the game.

You deploy on PTR server and let the PTR crash during weeks, that's fine, but you keep a stable beta, come on.
PTR during beta seems unnecessary since during beta, the game is underdevelopment, hence why it's a PTR on it's own.
People understand that alpha and beta means that the game is under development and will return once the game goes live and the game is in a stable state.
When game goes live, ptr is 100 % needed.

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
PTR during beta seems unnecessary since during beta, the game is underdevelopment, hence why it's a PTR on it's own.
People understand that alpha and beta means that the game is under development and will return once the game goes live and the game is in a stable state.
When game goes live, ptr is 100 % needed.

Well, beta on many games doesnt really mean is under development, it just mean is on testing phase and about to be released.

Alpha or pre alpha would be more on development mode.

In any case I see this also happening on persistance so my point is it's good time now to address some kind of protocol with UE engine and plugins upgrading.