Serious Post: Does Game work ON Linux anyone Tested Yet? i want to buy today.

a.out

May 28, 2020
The only reason for me to use Windows is MO! I'm using Linux in VMs and would prefer to use Linux as primary system. But I don't believe to get MO running on Linux.
I settled on 2 computers and a KVM switch because of a stubborn gaming industry. It's not too bad with things like the asrock DeskMini and cheap ryzen APU's these days...

I've actually came to like a separate machine just for gaming. I can keep my other computer pretty strictly free of any binary blobs, so even if I could use linux for gaming I'd probably keep a dedicated rig come to think of it ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ebenminx

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Have tried all these fixes you mentioned none worked for me old Proton Versions, Changeing windows 10 thru Wine never stuck quite right.
Taking a Break from this I literally Feel like im just Rewriting every Single Line of Windows Code one by one to make anything work at all ever in Linux....
Best Of luck to You @ Zequron Glad to Hear you got Sounds working :0, With My New system and DirectX12 Win 10 installed Blows linux away Fully impressed will update Some fancy Dx12 Screenshots, NO FPS lag with DX12, The GPU degradations, I was Using Mesa 20.0.8 seemed to Be Best GPU driver for linux

Zequron

Jul 13, 2020
Hi,

I think you misunderstood what i said, you are supposed to change from win10 to something like win7 or win8 to get sound to work correctly.

If you're already on windows then that's good, I'm also playing MO2 on Win10 without any changes to drivers.

I will still go back to Linux because Win10 feels so slow and clunky with window placing and load in and the constant forcing of updates and settings being changed.

I managed to get basically the same fps on Linux before I switched back to Win10, just that I had those Vega56 + RADV + mesa graphical issues.

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Ah Ah you right a downgrade for the Sound to Win 7 or 8 My bad But that is the the Major Problem with all of this on Linux, MO2 is supported by Win10 Drivers for Sound as far as i know with Xaudio, DX12, and quite a few other necessities that you can only use with Win10 not Linux. So in essence your running a chopped up version of DX11/DX9 with old WIN 7 WIN 8 drivers which is causing the majority of the graphical errors, since none of the drivers in win10 are supported in linux atm and or working correctly.
AS for Windows 10 It runs 100 percent faster for Linux for me at the moment sure it had 3 hrs of downloads for updates for Fresh Install but thats fine by me because now i realize How complex it all really is :) Windows NEEDS those extra 8 bnaziilion files to work right Hence the Huge downloads for it to work Right
Fixes for windows: Do not not install any Untrusted Apps they are filled with Viruses, Fully Update Windows. Make Sure you have a a correct working ANtivirus Norton is Best) Make sure your SYSTem is 100 Percent Clean Of any Viruses. ANd I get a 4 sec Bootup time and everything looks GODLY with dx12 in win10 in terms of MEsa 20.08 with Ubuntu 20(Constructive Criticism but truth)

all these random apps on the internet these days you get one it has a million windows viruses in it can slow you down Big time These Seems to have been the majority of My problems with Windows Sys files errors overall.

Best Of luck :p

AMD 1900X 8 core 16 Thread 3.8 Ghz
32GB 3200 OC+
AMD Radeon RX570 8GB
SSD
WIn 10 DX12