Serious Post: Does Game work ON Linux anyone Tested Yet? i want to buy today.

Zequron

Jul 13, 2020
Hey,
Linux user here and I got bad news:
It doesn't work or works very poorly, seem to be something with UE4 not hooking audio and video drivers correctly on Linux.
Had the same issues on "The Isle" which uses the same engine, so it has to do with the recent updates to UE.

You could get into the game but you wouldn't hear anything or be able to play for long and with low FPS.
Still worth a try if you have a different setup than I.

System:
Ryzen 2700x
Vega 56
Manjaro 5.8
Mesa 20.3

Proton:

Reactions: Jybwee

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Hmm Thank You Very Much For Reply, I have Ran Ue4 Editor With Nps on Linux, So It is Possible that my setup might work i drno , Thank you for the heads up will keep these things in mind as i am trying to get the Game Running Thanks again :O Will update you if i find causes fix for Such Errors.

System:
i5 2nd Gen
Radeon RX 570
Ubuntu 20
Mesa 20.0.8

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
My Steup Will be To Add EXE thru Steam And Launch Via Proton 5.0.9 with Winetricks, These seems to make just about everything work.

Zequron

Jul 13, 2020
Not sure you could use 5.0.9 since it doesn't have the latest driver support for DX12, they haven't released 5.0.10 which will have it.
You'll have to use GloriousEggrolls patched version of Proton for now until a later release.

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Hmm I have My own Custom Wine Version that i use that i kinda install everything on /:), Intersting though I have seen this on git thanks, I may try to manualyl install dx12 in my wine if i can. I think i saw other Games being used with Glorious eggroll but i can play SC2 i think was one of them in regards to Newer beyond 2019 ish Games working better for my setup. Also If I cant get this to work Not sure if you have Heard Of Virtual Box but alot of this is new to me so i might give that a shot and install windows on Linux Thru it.

Last edited:

Zequron

Jul 13, 2020
So I tried the launch options thing and it works for me, gets me just about the same FPS as in Windows.
The only difference being that I still get visual errors, textures being stretched all over and also no sound.

Here's a scary visual bug:ScaryTextureBug.jpg

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
So I tried the launch options thing and it works for me, gets me just about the same FPS as in Windows.
The only difference being that I still get visual errors, textures being stretched all over and also no sound.

Here's a scary visual bug:View attachment 234
I see Henrik and Seb looking out through that small window, probably their latest donkey space program landed successfully.

Reactions: Ebenminx

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
No Luck with Sound Yet Other then Maybe Something to do With XAudio2, Corefonts thru Winetricks might help with Your Chat bug @ Zequron, I havnt notice any significant texture stretches as such asides for far mountains not showing but probably LOD. Maybe Update GPU drivers thru Wine drno about that seems so common gpu iusses. Protoss Spaceship Piloted BY Henrik Maybe? :)

I tried this also cause i noob but ya maybe ill figure it out More then I need the Correct XAUdio2 something
[Engine.Engine]
bUseSound=TRUE

Last edited:

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Update: Eqipped Torch Game Crashed lol, Cant login in now Something to do with Steam Authentication Installed new Computer HDD's having majotr issues now, Tried: Re-authenticating Computer and readding with Steam, Cleared Caches and reinstalled, Verified Game integrity Via Steam. Going to try and reinstall steam i feel as if it might help other then that something is off with Steam Authentication Via Mortal online 2 with my system.

a.out

May 28, 2020
Highly doubt it. Sebastian said he doesn't know anything about linux, and I don't think SV can afford spending much time into making it cross-platform. However, seems like Valve and CodeWeavers got our backs - unless SV decides to add some aggressive Anticheat rootkit shenengians at some point .. because wine can't cope with shit like that. MO 1 Stopped working on linux when they added the free to play stuff. It has probably something to do with the verification process as to if that computer already logged in a free to play account today.

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
fuck off with this linux dogshit, if you are going to GAME use WINDOWS absolutely 0 reasons why you try to game on LINUX

a.out

May 28, 2020
There are all the reasons to use linux .... but why do you care ?

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
Aye Thank you for Reply @ A.out, Im pretty sure its just something with my install its no biggie i was just posting some notes of what i did to get my steam working right that Game itself Launches fine and have been playing it for a few weeks now, Just need to figure out what i messed up with my installs :), most of this is on my Side 100 percent im sure of it Game works 100 percent well on Linux also except for Sound but im Working Getting the Microsoft DirectX drivers for Linux going also :), Apologies it was just more of something on my end just so happened the Torch equipped an crash at the same time is coincidence

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
If there is any problems with me running on Linux also just let me know From Mods and ill use windows Subsystem. Thanks <3 ( for as Far as anti-cheat such as Desinty 2 i dont think it exists if it does do tell <3)

Ebenminx

Aug 4, 2020
United States
I love This Game though Also Guys Keep up the Good Work Looks and plays quite well been having fun running around Fab and exploring :)
I cant wait to do dungeon once i get this going :)

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-08-07 23-02-02.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-08-07 23-02-02.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot from 2020-08-08 01-50-42.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-08-08 01-50-42.jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot from 2020-08-09 21-22-53.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-08-09 21-22-53.jpg
    769.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot from 2020-08-08 01-07-47.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-08-08 01-07-47.jpg
    811.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot from 2020-08-08 00-14-52.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-08-08 00-14-52.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot from 2020-08-08 02-11-35.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-08-08 02-11-35.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 7

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The only reason for me to use Windows is MO! I'm using Linux in VMs and would prefer to use Linux as primary system. But I don't believe to get MO running on Linux.

Zequron

Jul 13, 2020
Hello I'm back here and also back on Linux, even though I've been back and forth I think I might stay here for good now.

I've somehow got sound to work now, which wasn't too difficult to do!

Possible fix(not completely sure it was this): Try and install the oldest Proton, let it install its dependencies and raise the version or go back to 5.0-9 again.
I think just removing the installed proton and letting it re-install itself will do the same thing.

Changing the version of windows from win10 is the thing that actually fixed it.

Sadly(for me) my graphical errors remain, but does go away with the drivers from AMD open source, with lower fps as a down-side.

Last edited: