Save the Plated Fat Mage

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
New Poster, only registered because this upsets me.

The only thing that made Fat Mages competitive to Dex Mages were that they can wear armour. With the Mana-Regen-While-Resting-nerf (Resting being effected by armour weight), the Fat Mage comes in a far second to the Dex Mage. The lowering of the Intelligence/Damage curve already hit Fat Mages harder.

Being able to sit down and rest to regain mana is a fair mechanic, it takes a minute and a half to regain your pool of mana. For that 1 minute and a half you are not contirbuting to the fight. An plate armoured mage has no passive regen and MUST rest to regain mana.

And to be able to wear plate armour, the Fat Mage needs to spend points in Armour Skills, the Dex Mage uses these points to rather control beasts/bears.

(CAVEAT: We are not dicussing wether or not Fat Mages damage should be nerfed, we are comparing Fat to Dex Mages and the Armour issue)

EDIT: I only read this after a posted my issue, same complaint but from another angle. https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/problems-of-humans-beings-and-not-only.3130/

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
This is a ridiculous post. The speed difference isn't even that bad and you def don't need heavy armor and are doing way more damage (you know that part you said not to mention because it's the whole point in going fat mage?) The whole plate regenerating as much as light armor was a bug they fixed. Ya you're not as OP anymore that's sad for you. The only part I will say is this change means they never should have changed the int curve and it does give dex mages a boost there.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
There is very little love for fat mages in MO. The unblockable damage they dish out is just too high when considering that fat mages can still use weapon/shield to block incoming damage.
Put a couple of fat mages together that can focus fire and people just get insta popped.

nobody likes that type of gameplay.

if anything, fat mages will get nerfed, not buffed. Dex mages should be buffed,so as to encourage all these fat mages to go on a diet.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Being fat will get nerfed, they wont fix mages which need a rework. No one likes spending 1000s of hours to get gud to where they can fight multiple enemies to just have no way to counter a mage if they get into a 1vx situation. A fighter can use skill to fight multiple fighters but even if there are two mages then he cant really win. Once mage he can pressure but if the mages plays right then they should not die at least and could still get a kill.

I just want the game to be more fun. I would like mages to be faster paced too so I dont get burnt out playing it. Its frustrating for players that they can get good enough to 1vx fighters as a fighter but mages damage is uncountable. Its like all the effort they can put into the game is null and void.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Level PSY.
Doesn't sounds like "skill" based gameplay. I know some people are afraid of actually playing the game instead of using stats to protect them here. I have psyche too so you have 0 argument trying to pass off data from outburst as if its data for all of ecu spells.

Try to actually say its ok that damage can be uncounterable.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
This is a ridiculous post.

You are just being flippant.

-You might think it is ridiculous, but many posters seem to want the issue adressed. Even have a look at the link I posted.

-How can you say Fat Plate Mages were OP? Dex Mages can kite foot fighters for days. Fat Mage's only hope is to sit tight and pray the Concentration checks favour them. Dex Mages outnumber Fat Mages by far. I would even bet a 2 for every 1. This should show you dex Mages are viewed as better.

-You say it was always meant to be "fixed", then how come they implimented the curve-hit to adress the "OP" issue instead of just "fixing" it? (EDIT: I realise this wasnt in MO1, so that might be a good indication)

You're a Dex Mage, right? ;)

A fighter can use skill to fight multiple fighters but even if there are two mages then he cant really win.

I just want the game to be more fun. I would like mages to be faster paced

-But this goes both ways, there is no way a Fat mage can take on 3 or more fighters at a time, no matter how hard he trains. Even against 2 experienced fighters. You can train for 1000 hours, you will never beat them. But a foot fighter can accomplish this with a good amount of training, just like you said. Does this mean foot fighters are OP?

-So two mages can kill a foot fighter, but so can 2 archers or mounted cav. Should they be nerfed as well?

-So are you saying this a problem with Armour Wearing Fat Mages and that Dex Mages are fine? That 2 Dex Mages cant take the 1000hs Fighter, but 2 Fat Mages can?

-What do you mean Mages should be faster paced? Im really curious about that.

Holistic Statement: I do not dispute that Mages are easier to master than Fighters, but Fighters have a much higher skill ceiling.

In the end of the day, how does nerfing their mana regen effect your problems? It will just make Dex Mages more popular than Fat Mages.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoisonArrows

Update Journal

Oct 8, 2021
Doesn't sounds like "skill" based gameplay. I know some people are afraid of actually playing the game instead of using stats to protect them here. I have psyche too so you have 0 argument trying to pass off data from outburst as if its data for all of ecu spells.

It is an MMORPG stats are a core part of the game. It's fine for statistics to play a role when playing against different playstyles and character builds.

Reactions: Belegar

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
This is a ridiculous post. The speed difference isn't even that bad and you def don't need heavy armor and are doing way more damage (you know that part you said not to mention because it's the whole point in going fat mage?) The whole plate regenerating as much as light armor was a bug they fixed. Ya you're not as OP anymore that's sad for you. The only part I will say is this change means they never should have changed the int curve and it does give dex mages a boost there.
Actually when directly comparing Fat Mages to Dex mages there is a Huge speed difference. It's within argument as the only speed difference that accurately displays speeds equal to Mo1. A dex mage is like Sonic the hedgehog by comparison to the fat mage.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
There is very little love for fat mages in MO. The unblockable damage they dish out is just too high when considering that fat mages can still use weapon/shield to block incoming damage.
Put a couple of fat mages together that can focus fire and people just get insta popped.

nobody likes that type of gameplay.

if anything, fat mages will get nerfed, not buffed. Dex mages should be buffed,so as to encourage all these fat mages to go on a diet.
That's incorrect, a Fat Mage or any mage can use a shield, however if you have a weapon you cannot cast spells.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

-You might think it is ridiculous, but many posters seem to want the issue adressed. Even have a look at the link I posted.

-How can you say Fat Plate Mages were OP? Dex Mages can kite foot fighters for days. Fat Mage's only hope is to sit tight and pray the Concentration checks favour them. Dex Mages outnumber Fat Mages by far. I would even bet a 2 for every 1. This should show you dex Mages are viewed as better.

-You say it was always meant to be "fixed", then how come they implimented the curve-hit to adress the "OP" issue instead of just "fixing" it? (EDIT: I realise this wasnt in MO1, so that might be a good indication)

-But this goes both ways, there is no way a Fat mage can take on 3 or more fighters at a time, no matter how hard he trains. Even against 2 experienced fighters. You can train for 1000 hours, you will never beat them. But a foot fighter can accomplish this with a good amount of training, just like you said. Does this mean foot fighters are OP?

-So two mages can kill a foot fighter, but so can 2 archers or mounted cav. Should they be nerfed as well?

-So are you saying this a problem with Armour Wearing Fat Mages and that Dex Mages are fine? That 2 Dex Mages cant take the 1000hs Fighter, but 2 Fat Mages can?

Holistic Statement: I do not dispute that Mages are easier to master than Fighters, but Fighters have a much higher skill ceiling.

In the end of the day, how does nerfing their mana regen effect your problems? It will just make Dex Mages more popular than Fat Mages.
I make Heavy Armor fat mage part of my build, I won't go into specifics here because a lot of people complain about Beast Masters and Fat Mages and I don't want them to target my build next lol. You are right though, there is many of us out there that like to play Fat Mages different ways as well as the tamer class. The devs are trying to sweep us under the rug and make big changes all the time. Recently they announced they will be doing away with the current Tamer Class. They are reworking it entirely to make it skill based. So I imagine Tamer will sit Afk while they control a animal or something.... Honestly it's retarded. That also eliminates the triple pet builds from Mo1 because you can't control 3 pets skillfully there is no such way to do that with how this game is designed.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

In the discussion of skilled gameplay mages have to aim all of our stuff. You Foot Fighters just walk up and we can't "Skillfully do anything anymore" Also Mages aren't your worst fear. If I Mc I can 1 shot players lol, and because of Ping you have no chance of dodging.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Actually when directly comparing Fat Mages to Dex mages there is a Huge speed difference. It's within argument as the only speed difference that accurately displays speeds equal to Mo1. A dex mage is like Sonic the hedgehog by comparison to the fat mage.
It's meaningless in a team fight. A fat mage isn't going to 1v1 a dex mage on foot.

Piet

May 28, 2020

The plate part was OP not the fat part. I am actually an Ogmir fat mage XD I did look over the post before calling it ridiculous, didn't say it off the cuff without reading it and came to the conclusion it was ridiculous after reading it... because it is.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
The plate part was OP not the fat part. I am actually an Ogmir fat mage XD I did look over the post before calling it ridiculous, didn't say it off the cuff without reading it and came to the conclusion it was ridiculous after reading it... because it is.

Well then if you are truly sincere, then I appreciate the comments, even if I don't agree with them.

I still don't understand why you would say a regular Fat Mage is fine, but a Plate Fat Mage is so OP. You gain plate armour at the cost of no passive regen and 300 skill points (400 if you want Heavy Armour Training). That is the only difference right? How is that trade not fair? The Fat mage can still carry a shield and light armour. You think no Active regen is needed to make it fair?

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
Well then if you are truly sincere, then I appreciate the comments, even if I don't agree with them.

I still don't understand why you would say a regular Fat Mage is fine, but a Plate Fat Mage is so OP. You gain plate armour at the cost of no passive regen and 300 skill points (400 if you want Heavy Armour Training). That is the only difference right? How is that trade not fair? The Fat mage can still carry a shield and light armour. You think no Active regen is needed to make it fair?
They were bypassing the no mana regen with that bug and no skill was needed to do so just sit down and armor doesn't impact resting regen.