Rustic cape from twitch drops.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

Sure anyone can get this however I am not really sure how I feel about all this development time going towards this type of thing.

It still feels more like a route to a shop game where development is based more around fluff than actually making a better game.

manure

May 7, 2022
Agreed 100%

Lots of needed stuff to be added in game like Thieving, Boats, Breeding, monsters, etc... And they re wasting good time and resources on CAPES ?

Time goes by and no news about Thieving yet... Jesus.

All we see is : GUARDS - CAPES - GUARDS GUARDS - CAPES AND MORE GUARDS

Reactions: Amadman

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The rustic cape reminded me of the clothing worn by the free-runner in this video, could SV be possibly hinting at something to come? Also, considering the way Tindrem is set up seemingly almost on purpose for parkour, could thievery be coming sooner than we think...?

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
how much dev time do you think it took to import a rag?

How much time do you think it took to integrate twitch drops?

Both of these are "low hanging fruit." The twitch drops hook can have some pretty big payout in the future as it's pretty essential to a marketing push that I'm sure they want to make at some point after they have stabilized the game.

Right now, thievery seems like such a stupid thing to want for. Boats might be good because it would potentially pull players away from the broken world where sometimes whole zones don't load, you can walk through buildings, fall through the map, or just freeze in place for 2 minutes... But I also don't want to see boats until a water physics rework.

the only thing they should really be working on is project polish.

Fix it so the game actually performs half as well as it did in UE4 and implement actual sieging mechanics.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
reminds me of a waiter or a c*m rag
They prob paid like 80 bucks to commission it like they do with the other "MO2 Original assets", its not costing any dev time to put it into the game

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
reminds me of a waiter or a c*m rag
They prob paid like 80 bucks to commission it like they do with the other "MO2 Original assets", its not costing any dev time to put it into the game
Even if that is the case, I still would prefer they commissioned some armor or clothing that could be produced in game.

It just seems like a slippery slope that they are going down with all of these cosmetics that are gained out of game.

But if people are ok with it then so be it.

In the end I am just posting the info for other people to know about it.

Maybe if I put a negative spin on things then they might actually start posting this stuff on their own in a more positive light.

But at this point I am not really holding my breath.

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I would like to get a cape editor for guilds!

The Supporter Pack cape looks nice from the distance, but looking to the right when mounted always shows the head instead of the back of the rider. Not really usable as mounted archer.

manure

May 7, 2022
Right now, thievery seems like such a stupid thing to want for. Boats might be good because it would potentially pull players away from the broken world where sometimes whole zones don't load, you can walk through buildings, fall through the map, or just freeze in place for 2 minutes... But I also don't want to see boats until a water physics rework.

Not stupid at all...
Several people, including myself, are waiting 2 years for thievery.
Meanwhile, we see all sorts of patches related to PVP... PvP is always on the center.

Enough PvP changes.
We need to aim on other players desires.... tailoring, thieving, breeding, boats, poisoning, farming, climbing...

Thats what makes the game great for everyone.
Lots of different stuff to do... all kinds of gamestyle... and not only PvP all the time.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Even if that is the case, I still would prefer they commissioned some armor or clothing that could be produced in game.

It just seems like a slippery slope that they are going down with all of these cosmetics that are gained out of game.

But if people are ok with it then so be it.

In the end I am just posting the info for other people to know about it.

Maybe if I put a negative spin on things then they might actually start posting this stuff on their own in a more positive light.

But at this point I am not really holding my breath.
Exactly if any article of clothing should be commissioned it should be a tabard that can be worn over armor and be colorable. The giant fights are ridiculous as is because no one knows who the enemy is. This alone makes it apparent the devs don't play their own game.

Philocypher

Nov 26, 2023
Not stupid at all...
Several people, including myself, are waiting 2 years for thievery.
Meanwhile, we see all sorts of patches related to PVP... PvP is always on the center.

Enough PvP changes.
We need to aim on other players desires.... tailoring, thieving, breeding, boats, poisoning, farming, climbing...

Thats what makes the game great for everyone.
Lots of different stuff to do... all kinds of gamestyle... and not only PvP all the time.
Why do you want thievery?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

Not really what the thread is about but I will bite.

Personally I want to be able to lock pick again. Exploring the world, finding and opening chests was a nice diversion in the original game. The game can use much more of these types of things.

I can also see where snooping could be beneficial for everyone. For example player bandits could snoop people to find marks and target players that actually have something worth getting. Versus killing everyone they see just in case they actually have something.

There could also be other skills added that where not in the first game. Like some stealth type of things, trap making, poisoning etc.

Some players actually did like to try and pickpocket as well. It was not my thing and I did not find it very rewarding. But it was mostly just a minor annoyance to try and avoid getting stolen from. So I have no issues with letting players have this ability again. Though they possibly could have it require some type of tools/gear so the thieves had something more to lose this time.

Last edited:

manure

May 7, 2022
Because thats the way I like to play... Hide in the alleys, sneak, rummage through someone belongings without them noticing, and steal the stuff.

I dont like killing or pvping too much.
Ive only been pking all these months because theres no option for theft.

I played MO1 as a thief, on my main.
And I had tons and tons of fun.
Best experience on a MMO ever (except perhaps Ultima Online, which I was a thief since day one and it was great as well, before they destroyed that game with Trammel creation).

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
Honestly who cares about a white bath towel hanging over your shoulder? I wouldn't equip that if it was free.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Thievery gives non-thieves like me another reason to be situationally aware in guarded towns, especially in a crowded area. On top of that, devising and evolving strategies to defeat the thief.

There's a certain indescribable thrill and adrenaline rush in playing the invisible arms race and escalation against the thief.

The thief tries to snoop on me, I keep nothing of value in my backpack.

The thief waits for me to transfer items slowly one by one from my bank to my backpack, I right-click everything in one second and then go.

The thief tries to trail behind me and snoop, I run backwards so I can push them to turn them grey.

Reactions: Amadman

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The simple solution against thievery in MO1 have been bags: Thievery was limited by the weight of items. And thieves couldn't snoop into bags. So I always had one or two small bags filled with some 1000 water in my inventory and stored important items like books or gold coins in the bags.