Running two MO accounts simultaneously?

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Just some info ... you can get a free limited Gforce Now account that will run a steam account and allow you still run another steam account on the same PC . And Although i think the 1 char slot per account will certainly impact the amount of ppl that run multiple accounts it isnt going to change anything for the ppl that ran multiple accounts on MO 1 even with the 4 char slots per account .
Thanks for the tip sir. This worked for me.

Reactions: Ibarruri

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Just some info ... you can get a free limited Gforce Now account that will run a steam account and allow you still run another steam account on the same PC . And Although i think the 1 char slot per account will certainly impact the amount of ppl that run multiple accounts it isnt going to change anything for the ppl that ran multiple accounts on MO 1 even with the 4 char slots per account .
Yes, its worked. But free GFN accont give you a 30 minutes play, after that you need restart the game. Also, i not sure about free GFN queue, but on preminum i got like a 20-30 minutes sometimes.
Then its worked, but need something better

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Just add 2nd slot where both characters are affected by the rep of the other and are forced to have the same name. Like a family name situation.

Reactions: Grey

Tzone

May 16, 2021
thats a toxic way to see it ^^. also its either pay to convenience OR pay to win, you need to choose :D
pay for convenience is p2w the vast majority of the time. If you save time on any thing which is convenience then your time is being use more productively and you are more profitable

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
pay for convenience is p2w the vast majority of the time. If you save time on any thing which is convenience then your time is being use more productively and you are more profitable

Imagine MO being totally free.
Now imagine I'm so rich that I can afford to hire people to sit around and gather.
Is MO a pay to win game now?

Is the game P2W or the player just throwing his financial muscle around in the real world?

If it is the latter then how can devs counter it?
Restrict it to IP address... But people who can afford multiple IP can get around it. Oh and VPNs.
Mac address and multiple machines.
Email address is easy to bypass as we all know.

Where there is a will, there is a way... and people will pay for it. Devs can only do so much.

In general now (and not directed at you Tzone):

I think it is a bold move by SV to restrict it to one char per account.
As someone who had multiple accounts and each of those accounts filled with chars... I could do a LOT and as such trade was only for fun.
Now it isn't going to be so easy to be self sufficient at such a competitive level.
Interactions can help build a community.

I am interested to see how well this turns out in the long run. If the game focuses too much on PvP and not enough on allowing the PvP to happen freely in an open world then it could turn into a bit of a battle arena... and with less self sufficient players then will it make the 'fun' (PvP) decline to stick bashing?

I don't mean to ignore PvP either. PvP by definition needs another player to give 1 player PvP... So we need to keep players :p

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
I have never understood how multi characters somehow cause issues with reputation etc... it can only cause issues if you implement it in a way that would enable separate identities. (MO1 is an example of designing alt characters in a way that supports separate identities.)

I am sure they could force every sub character to have the same name displayed and guild attachment with separate banks/logins/etc... if they spent time on it. I also know they are a small team so 1 char per account which is already setup is obviously the current answer, but I bet if they did spend the time to redesign it, they would have less ppl paying for more accounts and less chance of identity hiding due to that.

Both methods have pro's and con's, one clearly would be less income for SV. Maybe we would have more unique people online instead of 2-4 accounts per Vet and 1 acc per new player.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
I have never understood how multi characters somehow cause issues with reputation etc... it can only cause issues if you implement it in a way that would enable separate identities. (MO1 is an example of designing alt characters in a way that supports separate identities.)

I am sure they could force every sub character to have the same name displayed and guild attachment with separate banks/logins/etc... if they spent time on it. I also know they are a small team so 1 char per account which is already setup is obviously the current answer, but I bet if they did spend the time to redesign it, they would have less ppl paying for more accounts and less chance of identity hiding due to that.

Both methods have pro's and con's, one clearly would be less income for SV. Maybe we would have more unique people online instead of 2-4 accounts per Vet and 1 acc per new player.

The reason why many (not all) vets had multiple accounts.

1 Char AFK Gather.
1 Char MA.
1 Char Butcher
1 Char Bowsmith
1 Char weaponsmith
1 Char armoursmith
1 Char Mount Breeder
1 Char TC builder.

I believe it is what the multi accounts could do that was the real issue, not having multi fighters... but doing it all yourself so you no longer need to interact in any way other than KILL!.

Easier to not care about rep consequences when you can do it all yourself.

If SV wanted us to do it all then I assume they'd let us get max skills in everything all at once.... At least crafting.
If they do not want us doing it all then either they can repeat the mistake from MO1 or learn from it.
I think the 1 char is SV way of trying to get closer to their original idea of MO1 for interactions being more than char hopping.

If we put rep as the only reason then I can see some of the "Not understanding" part. Systems interact and looking at those interactions will show other mechanics which play a role.
If we want X to happen and do a system for X... Then we need to make sure all other systems do not undermine X and make our work pointless.

^.^

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021

1 Char AFK Gather.
1 Char MA.
1 Char Butcher
1 Char Bowsmith
1 Char weaponsmith
1 Char armoursmith
1 Char Mount Breeder
1 Char TC builder.

I believe it is what the multi accounts could do that was the real issue, not having multi fighters... but doing it all yourself so you no longer need to interact in any way other than KILL!.

If SV wanted us to do it all then I assume they'd let us get max skills in everything all at once.... At least crafting.
If they do not want us doing it all then either they can repeat the mistake from MO1 or learn from it.
I think the 1 char is SV way of trying to get closer to their original idea of MO1 for interactions being more than char hopping.

If we put rep as the only reason then I can see some of the "Not understanding" part. Systems interact and looking at those interactions will show other mechanics which play a role.
If we want X to happen and do a system for X... Then we need to make sure all other systems do not undermine X and make our work pointless.

^.^

I do understand the push for forced teamwork, and having one char per account does help force it, But for people who want to multibox the game for efficacy, this will never matter to them they will own multiple accounts for trading to themselves, for observing areas, for presence in multiple location for AFK farming, it is what it is.

When I played MO1 my main account was dedicated to different styles of combat characters because I enjoyed trying the small spear fighter, the big sword/polesword fighter, the fat mage, etc... and I love that I can craft on my "combat toon" instead of needing craft only characters to help new players learn the game in this iteration of MO.

I don't want to do everything and I never will in this game, but IMO it would be nice to have a couple options to choose from without the need of multiple subscriptions. I think it will deter players like me from wanting to buy 2+ accounts.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Imagine MO being totally free.
Now imagine I'm so rich that I can afford to hire people to sit around and gather.
Is MO a pay to win game now?

Is the game P2W or the player just throwing his financial muscle around in the real world?

If it is the latter then how can devs counter it?
Restrict it to IP address... But people who can afford multiple IP can get around it. Oh and VPNs.
Mac address and multiple machines.
Email address is easy to bypass as we all know.

Where there is a will, there is a way... and people will pay for it. Devs can only do so much.

In general now (and not directed at you Tzone):

I think it is a bold move by SV to restrict it to one char per account.
As someone who had multiple accounts and each of those accounts filled with chars... I could do a LOT and as such trade was only for fun.
Now it isn't going to be so easy to be self sufficient at such a competitive level.
Interactions can help build a community.

I am interested to see how well this turns out in the long run. If the game focuses too much on PvP and not enough on allowing the PvP to happen freely in an open world then it could turn into a bit of a battle arena... and with less self sufficient players then will it make the 'fun' (PvP) decline to stick bashing?

I don't mean to ignore PvP either. PvP by definition needs another player to give 1 player PvP... So we need to keep players :p

They can't enforce any type of control over multiclienting, if they can't might aswell remove any restriction whatsoever. It would continue to be pay to win but would make it more even. If i had to present an alternative i'd let people have as many characters (for free) as they want on one account, making multi-character prevail over multiclient.

By the grindy nature of the game its only fair people will end up wanting to try different builds and things and being forced to reroll definitely makes the creation of another account more appealling, and thats the moneygrab trick from SV. Then Henrik says some bullshit like "we made the game so people wouldn't need to use several accounts", which is false.

It is so punishing and such a timesink to try different builds thats not even worth doing just one character, this is the precise reason why most players have at least 2 accounts.

Here we are and theres not even an option to reset clades. I mean, everything has a very shallow design they don't think shit through, any group of friends with a joint can probably pull better ideas on how to deal with these problematics, and a company thats paid for can't.

1 Char AFK Gather.
1 Char MA.
1 Char Butcher
1 Char Bowsmith
1 Char weaponsmith
1 Char armoursmith
1 Char Mount Breeder
1 Char TC builder.

^.^

People wanted multiple characters and accounts not only cuz u couldn't have crafting-pvp builds on the same character but also cuz PVE was dog ass and still is.

Having to semi-afk rocks, holding R on plants, like come the fuck on theres a very limited group that enjoys to do that shit while watching a movie, i mean i can do it but i can't have 1 single character and play like that with it everytime i wanna play the game.

The problematic is the lack of versatility and the detrimental nature of not being able to choose different gameplays or gamestyles, thats what forces people to multi-account.
I remember Henrik stating that the new account-player system for MO2 would be so much better than MO1 and it wouldn't force people to multi-client/account, who are we kidding the current system is bullshit lol.

The only way they had from scratch to make players feel attracted to the idea of just having 1 character was if at least you could do several things on that character and if at least PVE wasn't as dog shit as it is.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
They can't enforce any type of control over multiclienting, if they can't might aswell remove any restriction whatsoever.
Banks can't 100% guarantee that you're money will be safe... So... Let em all have access to your account?
May as well remove any restrictions appears to be valid for you :p

It would continue to be pay to win but would make it more even.
The game isn't P2W, life is P2W. Difference is real.

If i had to present an alternative i'd let people have as many characters (for free) as they want on one account, making multi-character prevail over multiclient.
So how would you make your money?
As many chars as they want for free... So 1. You'd let me have 1 char for free. So this must be a Buy once and play business format? But hang on... Don't even have to buy it as you would give me that 1 char for free.... Cash shop?
If you will charge for the game then allow infinite chars then what about the data storage for chars created and never deleted... after all, why del a char if you don't have to? We can talk about data clean up etc but the fact is not changing. "Have as many as you want" basically means "Eat all our storage" along with "Yay, extra work, we all love this woot".

Then Henrik says some bullshit like "we made the game so people wouldn't need to use several accounts", which is false.

IRC Henrik said he didn't want more chars on an account as he didn't want us doing it all ourselves... This is going back to MO1

any group of friends with a joint can probably pull better ideas
One thing thinking up ideas and another thing implementing them.

People wanted multiple characters and accounts
Telling someone who had (at one time) 5 active accounts.

The problematic is the lack of versatility and the detrimental nature of not being able to choose different gameplays or gamestyles, thats what forces people to multi-account.
Can choose. Okay so you have to either reroll or respec. Depending on what you wish to change an how min/max you want to go.
Iirc, skill regain was faster to allow rebuilding of player skills. Is it still like this in MO2? I don't really swap my skills so don't know :)
Also just to say here (and I'll repeat it on next point), Henrik has a vision for this game and SV are the ones calling the shots.

I remember Henrik stating that the new account-player system for MO2 would be so much better than MO1 and it wouldn't force people to multi-client/account, who are we kidding the current system is bullshit lol.
Henrik has a vision. You appear to admit as much here. It isn't implemented great? I can comprehend that...
Or should Henrik just give up on the vision and chase nothing but ££££££? Lose the hardcore and the open PvP because more people would play and not moan if he did... End up with a less funded but better 'New World' (AGS seriously fucked that up XD lol).

if at least you could do several things on that character and if at least PVE wasn't as dog shit as it is.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Want a chicken dinner? :D
The PvE is boring as hell.
Less casual players putting recourses into the world means the remaining ones need to do more or accept less. Gathering or farming mobs... any inworld PvE activity.
MO will not be for everyone but I bet there are players who would enjoy a fun risky game if it actually gave them entertainment.
More of a population and we wouldn't need to do so much ourselves.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Banks can't 100% guarantee that you're money will be safe... So... Let em all have access to your account?
May as well remove any restrictions appears to be valid for you :p

The game isn't P2W, life is P2W. Difference is real.

So how would you make your money?
As many chars as they want for free... So 1. You'd let me have 1 char for free. So this must be a Buy once and play business format? But hang on... Don't even have to buy it as you would give me that 1 char for free.... Cash shop?
If you will charge for the game then allow infinite chars then what about the data storage for chars created and never deleted... after all, why del a char if you don't have to? We can talk about data clean up etc but the fact is not changing. "Have as many as you want" basically means "Eat all our storage" along with "Yay, extra work, we all love this woot".

IRC Henrik said he didn't want more chars on an account as he didn't want us doing it all ourselves... This is going back to MO1

One thing thinking up ideas and another thing implementing them.

Telling someone who had (at one time) 5 active accounts.

Can choose. Okay so you have to either reroll or respec. Depending on what you wish to change an how min/max you want to go.
Iirc, skill regain was faster to allow rebuilding of player skills. Is it still like this in MO2? I don't really swap my skills so don't know :)
Also just to say here (and I'll repeat it on next point), Henrik has a vision for this game and SV are the ones calling the shots.

Henrik has a vision. You appear to admit as much here. It isn't implemented great? I can comprehend that...
Or should Henrik just give up on the vision and chase nothing but ££££££? Lose the hardcore and the open PvP because more people would play and not moan if he did... End up with a less funded but better 'New World' (AGS seriously fucked that up XD lol).

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Want a chicken dinner? :D
The PvE is boring as hell.
Less casual players putting recourses into the world means the remaining ones need to do more or accept less. Gathering or farming mobs... any inworld PvE activity.
MO will not be for everyone but I bet there are players who would enjoy a fun risky game if it actually gave them entertainment.
More of a population and we wouldn't need to do so much ourselves.

I'd have to disagree about most of the things you mention here. Henrik's vision is a blured thing with piss poor materlization, we are mostly talking about conceptual failure on the nature of the accounts/characters and what players are allowed to do and how. So its not a matter of "how" they implement fancy things, the main problematic is that the base concept is flawed and the fact that is being poorly implemented is another argument.

Henrik aknowledged the problematics of multi-client and multi account in mo1, since a lot of influencial players did mention along the years and i remember when Henrik was promising they were going to fix that concept and they did to a certain degree by accepting some players suggestions of mixing pvp-crafting pools and making accounts to have 1 character, but that was the end of the road they ran out of ideas.

If he wanted people to not use multi accounts should have thought the game design in terms of people being able to experiment different gameplays in a different way instead of having to spend massive amounts of time to re-train skills or re-rolling just to find out they are not conviced about that build.

This is because the game is generally thought (like mo1) in terms of timesink mechanics, whats "challenging" is nothing but time consuming when shouldn't be like that. But then again you see people in these forums saying shit like, "training skills is fine" or "people need long term achievements" justifying timesink stupid ass mechanics.

PVE and crafting are super shallow, boring and time consuming theres absolutly nothing fun about that shit. Then again people in these forums say they enjoy the afk mining, same people that complain about murderers not having enough penalties for playing the game instead of being naked afk infront of a rock, go figure.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
I'd have to disagree about most of the things you mention here. Henrik's vision is a blured thing with piss poor materlization, we are mostly talking about conceptual failure on the nature of the accounts/characters and what players are allowed to do and how. So its not a matter of "how" they implement fancy things, the main problematic is that the base concept is flawed and the fact that is being poorly implemented is another argument.

Henrik aknowledged the problematics of multi-client and multi account in mo1, since a lot of influencial players did mention along the years and i remember when Henrik was promising they were going to fix that concept and they did to a certain degree by accepting some players suggestions of mixing pvp-crafting pools and making accounts to have 1 character, but that was the end of the road they ran out of ideas.

If he wanted people to not use multi accounts should have thought the game design in terms of people being able to experiment different gameplays in a different way instead of having to spend massive amounts of time to re-train skills or re-rolling just to find out they are not conviced about that build.

This is because the game is generally thought (like mo1) in terms of timesink mechanics, whats "challenging" is nothing but time consuming when shouldn't be like that. But then again you see people in these forums saying shit like, "training skills is fine" or "people need long term achievements" justifying timesink stupid ass mechanics.

PVE and crafting are super shallow, boring and time consuming theres absolutly nothing fun about that shit. Then again people in these forums say they enjoy the afk mining, same people that complain about murderers not having enough penalties for playing the game instead of being naked afk infront of a rock, go figure.

We all have our own opinion :)

Poor design towards PvE is something I have been saying since Beta of MO1. I really disliked the clunky feel of combat in MO1 but loved the risk in the world... Hated the 'afk' style play. I wanted something... Trial with mini-games for mining to find gems maybe? Many mobile games are simple enough to be mini-games for gathering. Wouldn't be hard to consider PvE more.

I do think that MO1 wanted to get PvP done with such enthusiasm that PvE held the game back and had a negative effect on the player base.

I'll jump on board the "Develop PvE" element :p

Once the player-base settles then maybe SV will give in and allow multi-accounts otherwise content will die too fast (if too many leave). If the player-base can grow (I don't think so but hey, it is a possibility to consider if we are to be fair) then the need for multi accounts dwindle.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
We all have our own opinion :)

Poor design towards PvE is something I have been saying since Beta of MO1. I really disliked the clunky feel of combat in MO1 but loved the risk in the world... Hated the 'afk' style play. I wanted something... Trial with mini-games for mining to find gems maybe? Many mobile games are simple enough to be mini-games for gathering. Wouldn't be hard to consider PvE more.

I do think that MO1 wanted to get PvP done with such enthusiasm that PvE held the game back and had a negative effect on the player base.

I'll jump on board the "Develop PvE" element :p

Once the player-base settles then maybe SV will give in and allow multi-accounts otherwise content will die too fast (if too many leave). If the player-base can grow (I don't think so but hey, it is a possibility to consider if we are to be fair) then the need for multi accounts dwindle.
Man if they would be willing to create a system fun to PvE in for the majority of folks, then whatever state PvP is in, there will be people doing it.

The problem is if there is nothing to do, to level, to grind, acquire, to compete for then people will quit. Mobs need to be difficult not some weird super strong easily Zerged or exploited AI, Right now I honestly hate pretty much all "boss" grade mobs, they hit ridiculously hard but as soon as you find the gimmick they are easy as fuck lol....

But it's better then MO1, so kudos on that. :)

Reactions: Midkemma

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Man if they would be willing to create a system fun to PvE in for the majority of folks, then whatever state PvP is in, there will be people doing it.

The problem is if there is nothing to do, to level, to grind, acquire, to compete for then people will quit. Mobs need to be difficult not some weird super strong easily Zerged or exploited AI, Right now I honestly hate pretty much all "boss" grade mobs, they hit ridiculously hard but as soon as you find the gimmick they are easy as fuck lol....

I've thought a lot about how MMOs went from claiming mobs to free-for-all. I like game design and it's a personal hobby. I'm a geek 😁
When a mob could only be claimed by 1 person (or party) then the devs could balance the mob accordingly. Old MMOs have many examples.
How do SV balance some of the mobs in MO2? Always capable of going to get more people and zerg it. That is assuming SV do well enough with the AI that we don't exploit it lol :p This almost feels like an impossible task. There are potential ways but.... SV vision?

Mobs are one thing but exploration is another area which MO could be one of the best for. The cooking feels too shallow for what we can do. It has great potential to be a 'hardcore' system but spelt in a spit rules? Massive let down SV 😭

I like how SV have different extraction methods for rocks. This feels deeper than butchery and worthy of praise. When a player has to choose one way or another and not just get the max out of something through a single method, then it forces that player to think about what they want to obtain. The wait is criminal though... Sit around with our thumbs up our backside for mins... Let down on such potential.

More depth can mean more fun exploring those systems and less desire to jump onto an alt role because we've ran out of Netflix (so rock gathering out the window).

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

not enough places to do shit, people contesting for pve which is good but not when can't access pve at all. Like megnaton valley has what 6 megnatons? XD are we for real

Grey

Apr 1, 2022

1 Char AFK Gather.
1 Char MA.
1 Char Butcher
1 Char Bowsmith
1 Char weaponsmith
1 Char armoursmith
1 Char Mount Breeder
1 Char TC builder.

^.^
Do you know this or you just think so?
There are maybe a few people with huge issues who are playing like this but I doubt.

Personally I'd like to have at list 1 alt because:
I want to experience different classes and builds but still have max char to actually play with guild. Also I would like to be able to fulfill different roles in raids if needed. I would not mind if both alts share same notoriety and profession but in the end I think its does not really matter.
IMHO reputation/trade reasons to limit game to 1 char is BS.
- Main trade items are resources and not made items.
Personally I have not bought a single item from the broker. I get all I need from guild craftsmen made specifically for my char. I'm grand-master bowyer and some times sell my bows on broker but really farming MOBs are much more profitable.
- Rep. is really means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Please give me an example why actual player give a ff for reputation?

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Do you know this or you just think so?
There are maybe a few people with huge issues who are playing like this but I doubt.

Personally I'd like to have at list 1 alt because:
I want to experience different classes and builds but still have max char to actually play with guild. Also I would like to be able to fulfill different roles in raids if needed. I would not mind if both alts share same notoriety and profession but in the end I think its does not really matter.
IMHO reputation/trade reasons to limit game to 1 char is BS.
- Main trade items are resources and not made items.
Personally I have not bought a single item from the broker. I get all I need from guild craftsmen made specifically for my char. I'm grand-master bowyer and some times sell my bows on broker but really farming MOBs are much more profitable.
- Rep. is really means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Please give me an example why actual player give a ff for reputation?
Maybe I'm one of the people with huge issues, but I had 12 characters on paid 3 accounts. I also had a FTP glassblower.

1. Bowcrafter
2. Armorcrafter
3. Weaponcrafter
4. Miner/Transporter
5. Alchemist
6. Merchant/Transporter/Breeder/Tamer
7. Butcher
8. Master extractor
9. Engineer

10. Mounted Archer
11. Mounted Mage
12. Foot fighter

I didn't need them all, but being able to craft anything made supply chains a convenience instead of a necessity.

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
Maybe I'm one of the people with huge issues, but I had 12 characters on paid 3 accounts. I also had a FTP glassblower.
Maybe? The is no doubt!
j/k
I guess you did it over period of time 5-10yr?
I hope you did not pay $15 mo sub for each? Other wise it is not a joke and you do need a help.