Rummage: Check peoples inventory and horse bags.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I purpose the addition of a new base skill. It would be something you apply to a hotkey like Resting or Cooking. All players have it and it is not a literal skill to level up, just an action all characters have.

It only works with Criminal Actions turned on. It would work similarly to MO1 Snooping. It is independent of thievery however.

How it would work:
  1. Get close to a player or pet with bags.
  2. Hold the hotkey, turn criminal.
  3. If the pet or player does not move away, you get access to the inventory, including being able to open bags within.
  4. The player is notified, and pets with high loyalty cry out with noises.
  5. If it is a pet, you can loot. Goods are flagged as stolen.
  6. If it is a player, you cannot loot.

This would allow players to search pets and players without needing to kill them, without needing to use the tedious /droploot or fully unequip your horse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
And while they're adding snooping if they could just go ahead and throw pilfering on there as well too that'd be great!

• Haha
Reactions: Nefnate

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
And while they're adding snooping if they could just go ahead and throw pilfering on there as well too that'd be great!
It isn't about thievery. I know it is similar to snooping but, it is a basic feature of a game like this and I do not understand why we haven't had it. Being able to do this enables tons of gameplay instead of needing to kill just to confirm contents.

Snooping would allow you to do this without instantly going crim and without being noticed. It will also cost points. They do surely need to get on adding it as well, but do not fail to differentiate these things.

Reactions: Najwalaylah