Royal Tindrem bank. Officer Lore. Chapter 3

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Royal Tindrem bank. Officer Lore. Chapter 3

Sometimes they ask me why ICH collapsed.

To be clear on this I will say that the decline of ICH cannot be separated from the decline of Myrland.
At that time, what I called "the great migration" began. With so many famous tribes and houses slowly leaving Myrland, business opportunities began to wane. Slowly our forge began to stop and most of the population concentrated in one or two houses that concentrated all the power.

The market became smaller and smaller and our business scheme began to shrink.
Right at that moment we suffered the first terrorist attacks on our facilities.
Different groups claimed the attacks on the mines, but the idea was the same. ICH was part of a vast conspiracy to take over Myrland.

To be honest it was a fun and quite creative idea, but there was no way 5 merchants could get hold of Myrland.
Be that as it may, the attacks were followed by new imperial laws (starvault) that decreed the end of automated mines (NPC miners). That was the end of our business model.

Ichorus had always said that if the mining business could not sustain itself we would abandon it and we did.
Gone were grandiose projects like the ICH railroad that would have carried tepra safely from the veredary of GK to Cave camp.
However, the terrorist attacks and also the ruin of our business system, forced the sale of our assets.
The dark era began, a stage in the history of Myrland, where depopulation, insecurity and violence took hold of everything.
The great lords became tyrants and leaders of bands of looters and one option was the same as the other. There were no alternatives, the days of ICH were over.

The lace came with the attack on ICH's own keep in the great lake. Much has been said about responsibility for the attack.
While RPK apparently executed the mercenary contract, the identity of the man who paid for the attack remained hidden.
Some time later I learned the whole truth, but I will not reveal that here, since they are very dangerous issues and with current implications.

Still, I vowed revenge. (and I did it)
No one came to the aid of ICH when the assault came. Why were they going to do it? Ultimately the engine of our success had been money. And precisely that engine was also our downfall.
Ichorus, unmotivated and without any incentive to play, closed his legendary forge and disbanded the guild.

Our era of glory was over.
We had gone from owning keeps, vilas, relics to losing everything.
When the guild broke up, I was left alone in Myrland.
At that time my bank had already been renamed RBT.
By fortune before disbanding the guild, we had distributed our dividends.
I had a great fortune, so the loss of assets had no economic impact on me. (although if in my pride)
Many have often asked me why Ichorus left.

Was it really because of the loss of our assets? Of the reputation of ICH? No. Ichorus were simply a visionary. For him there must be a real challenge to create new economic ideas. Without that incentive for him and a declining population, continuing to operate in Myrland was of no interest. He had already earned all the gold he could dream of before I even joined the corporation. He no longer had anything else to look for.

I have always said and still believe that Myrland lost a true emperor on Ichorus. Temperate, always contained, cold, intelligent, rational, friendly ... it would have been our Aurelian frame. A reformer a genius. I doubt we'll ever see him again. What a great man we lost. In a way, all I did in Myrland for years was to follow the inertia of the ideals and projects that they had transmitted to me, as a historical legacy.

Without my teachers in Myrland, I did the only thing I could do.
Work as they had taught me.
At that time, it was common for travelers to move between Myralnd and Sarduca. Most often, they would farm in the desert and return to Myrland with their treasures, only to be ambushed on the great bridge.
Using my experience as a banker I created a gold transfer service that minimized risk.
As I already had a great fame as a merchant and banker, the guilds entrusted their capital to me without hesitation and I soon found myself transferring for members of SLAV, HERJ, WEED, ID, ROAR and countless other guilds.

The distances were so tedious that people preferred to use my service to avoid having to personally transport their gold.
In this way I managed to amass an immense fortune. I estimate that I transferred 60% of all the gold that was generated from Sarduca to Myrland. Approximately 500,000 gold coins, of which I kept about 100,000G.

Almost without realizing it, I had created the largest and most successful business in the history of Myrland, thanks to the teachings of Azidano. I limited myself to visiting all the cities of Sarduca, and I made sure that I had enough gold in all of them to make the transfers.
Then I took my profit for each operation and gave them their money in Tindrem or MK. And just like that, the business prospered.

Despite the population decline, there were still a lot of people using my service, so I just kept squeezing it to the limit.
(There was a post that compiled my work from several years, with experiences and comments from dozens of clients, but the mo1 forum was attacked, just like the game, and much of that information was lost)
Back then, a hacker attacked the MO and thousands of accounts were deleted, corrupted, looted, or destroyed.
Two of my accounts disappeared and I lost much of my wealth.
Just like that, RBT had lost everything.

Later I managed to recover 6000g, a tiny part of my treasure and continued working with all my open services. My forge, my bank etc.
but Myrland was dying. In the last few months I kept trying to encourage the market and encouraging the creation of new houses. I financed TDK, ASH and I helped their leaders, but no matter how hard I tried, everything fell apart.
I took care of new players in Tindrem, trying to help them get started, but in the end it was useless.
Myrland was in shambles, and no fighting events, gambling, gun sales deals, free gun and gear days for the community in Tindrem, none of that stopped our world from dying.

Even so, RBT continued as a commercial house of reference in the last stage of the ancient history of mryland.
In the last days before the divine event that transported us to this new world, the last chapters of Myrland's history took place, with a hard confrontation in the north, in an internal civil war of a great house (RPK), and a small skirmish between TOFU and RBT.
There was no meaningful reason for the war. They just did things that I didn't like and I did things that they didn't like.

The conflict broke out and my keep of the lake, (the old ICH keep) that I had tried to revitalize as a keep of commerce was attacked and the facilities destroyed. With most of my old friends and fools out of the game and most of the mercenary houses gone, there wasn't much help to be found. It was a sad and gray stage of Myrland, where most of the great legends were gone and where a skirmish between 20 people was called war. A sad time.

After a few throws of hundreds of boulders on each other and the loss of assets, it was all over.
The keep was busy put TOFU and with that ended my time in the old keep of my teachers. I made no attempt to retrieve it. for what? It was a useless structure in a world already more dead than alive.

With almost no population left in Myrland, the RBT ceased its activity, as there was no longer any business opportunity.
there was no reason to continue operating.
Then came the divided event that took us to this new land ... where everything would begin again and where I would meet old friends ... A
NEW BEGINNING!

(in the next chapter)