Roadmap

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The way I see it, everyone thinks they are entitled to a bunch of stuff that "would have been there" if the game didn't launch. The launch set everything back by 2 months. No one expected the population to increase 10x within a week of release. This thought that this "should have been there" is a fallacy. Even if this was still beta, everyone would be complaining about the same stuff. The only difference there's a label of "full release" put on it.

Look at New World, Lost Ark, FF14 Endwalkers, Battlefield 2042, Cyberpunk 2077, Call of Duty: Anotha One, etc etc.

MO1 lasted a decade with a relatively small population. I'm sure MO2 will be just fine. The internet today is different than 2009 and we have more news focused on gaming, more social media available, streaming site -- the game can bounce back. If WoW can keep releasing the same mediocre crap every 2 years and get a giant player boost for 2 months before petering out again, MO2 will be fine.

All I'm saying is, this undeserved air of deservedness and constantly complaining about the state of the game will only do 2 things.

1) Push the population down further because there isn't a giant hype machine pushing advertisements for the game so word of mouth is about all MO2 gets.

2) Make people who complain look like a bunch of simps for an abusive ex because almost every platform that talks about MO2 cannot stop talking about how shitty it is and yet they are still here.

If you want the game to do well, do better for yourself and the community. If you want the game to fail, people can already see that based on personal post history.

With more storefronts to release on and more major content patches (continents, etc), sales can happen and rebound the population. I didn't hear jack about MO1 after 2009 until 2021 when MO2's closed beta came out. The game will survive.
But thats the problem, everyone can expect and understand delays on development and shit to go sideways. But we shouldn't expect Henrik saying a day before launch the server can handle 100k people then delay content development for 2 months or more trying to fix something that was "already promised" to work perfectly.

Gaming community Is unforgiving with games specially when they don't deliver what they promise. We can look at other games but so what, theres so much you can compare and a ton of things you can't.

Some are complaining, not entitled but with reasons. Cuz been following the development and understand what, how and in which terms Is being delivered. And its not bad to critisize or expect for results, complaining just comes in hand with the broken promises and lies from SV. This happened in MO1, Henrik promising great experiences and generally delivering half cooked stuff till the point they just stopped communicating anything to the players and going on full auto pilot. One would think they would iron out their development process but It's the exact same thing.

1. Can't blame the community for shitty development, we are talking about a game with It's fan base and a lot of MO1 players wanting to give it a try. People critisizing the game shouldn't be a negative for other players but a great feedback tool for SV to deliver good shit in shape and form. That logic that if players pretend the game Is good more people are going to like it Lol.

2. Not everyone Is a condescending leprechaun like you are. You should be glad theres people pointing out massive concept failures and expect SV to fix and deliver and not sitting in pleasing silence waiting to be handed a piece of poop to chew up.

I love these nerds that blame the players for the lack of a game's success, It's like watching a dog chasing It's tail.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

Infamous

Sep 15, 2021
Game has no end progression/goals. Not having TC/Siege even dated this year... GG literally no point in playing