Roadmap to save MO2, not enough players...

Pox

Apr 16, 2022
How to grow, keep, and please the player base of MO2, according to Pox:

Increase Concurrent Players on the server (server capacity and actual active player count). Fix Player Render Distance. Provide adequate in-game information about critical systems and items. PvE Mob variability. 2022 worthy Chat functions. New player focused content. Formal and regular one-way communication to players via written daily/weekly update (NOT twitch stream) - so we can be excited and assured about the product we love.... and link it to people, without having to watch a man talk.

That's all I want to see SV focus on, and that's all it would take to start growing this game.

It's not fun playing a game without enough players to fulfill the 'vision' of the person/design making the game. :( I want more players, and we need the above to get them. The game needs people to stay. I think Henrik has said repeatedly that in a couple more patches, the back-end work will be done, and ready for more players - I think he said that more than once... I think. I really would love to see a thread, or a channel in disc, or blog even 2005 style, or any sort of communication daily (weekly?) on the subject.

Keep me (us!) hopeful we're going to one day have a server big enough to support design-critical amounts of players! We've been supporting SV for over a decade, some of us... we just want it to succeed. The current Roadmap (content focused) and style of communication does not address the things that will help grow this game to the point you and the players and us game-dev supporters want.

Reactions: Tzone and Jatix

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Agree with basically everything on your high priority list. Definitely the Twitch thing too. SV streams on workdays while NA players are at work. Most of your players are NA. That means most of your players aren't going to be there for the live stream and able to give input. They feel ignored by SV frankly. You NEED a better way for ALL players to give input. And in terms of us getting info for you, a 10 minute summary video or a blog is FAR more valuable than a 2 hour rambling stream we have to sift through to get information.

I'm not saying don't stream on Twitch. I am saying by itself it's entirely insufficient as a way to get information to players and receive feedback from players.

I'd add to top priorities:

Multi-rider mounts. You have a HUGE map, not everyone likes riding around it all the time, and definitely people don't appreciate 100 controlled riding being a damn near mandatory skill for non-cav builds just to travel the map. Seriously guys. Put this shit on your roadmap. Put it in for 1-2 patches out max. This NEEDS to be a thing.

Reactions: Tzone and Jatix