Revert FoV max to 110

Tzone

May 16, 2021
please. No reason why no. Makes the game feel and look better. Other players are playing at square resolutions putting normal resolution players at a disadvantage, why not just let us have a normal FoV max like 110.

Reactions: Teknique

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
No, you have been crying about this since beta. Fish-eyed FOV is stupid and it adds more skill to the game for people to have awareness without that high of FOV. Checking behind or to your sides grabbing parries adds a awareness and game-sense skill that a lot of people don't have and for that reason don't deserve. You just want easy-mode.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
No, you have been crying about this since beta. Fish-eyed FOV is stupid and it adds more skill to the game for people to have awareness without that high of FOV. Checking behind or to your sides grabbing parries adds a awareness and game-sense skill that a lot of people don't have and for that reason don't deserve. You just want easy-mode.
your guild died, I know you have it out for me. Every other game has 110 FoV and that is standard. Ill keep complaining till they fix the game.

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
your guild died, I know you have it out for me. Every other game has 110 FoV and that is standard. Ill keep complaining till they fix the game.
What do you mean... I am the first one who left which started everyone else leaving lol. Also most competitive FPS games don't have 110 FOV, Counter-strike, Valorant, etc are some examples. Ohh but non-competitive games like battel royals do like Warzone do so maybe you're just confused with non-competitive games having such ridiculous FOV cause you the type of guy to play such crap.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
please. No reason why no. Makes the game feel and look better. Other players are playing at square resolutions putting normal resolution players at a disadvantage, why not just let us have a normal FoV max like 110.

I was playing the other day... prol 3 weeks ago, about when I restarted and I was riding out of town, and it occurred to me that the FoV *is* really fonky.

Explain square resolutions? Unfamiliar terminology (to me.)

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Not sure what that persons guild has to do with what they said. And not every other game has 110 FoV as standard. Most it is between 90 and 120. The human eye on a normal person with 20/20 vision is about 130. But can only focus about 90deg of it.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Not sure what that persons guild has to do with what they said. And not every other game has 110 FoV as standard. Most it is between 90 and 120. The human eye on a normal person with 20/20 vision is about 130. But can only focus about 90deg of it.
Aesorn is here in bad faith, If my position was opposite of what it is now they would be arguing that 110 FoV was great. They are just really upset with me.

Look at Technique who I am enemies with but we can like and agree with each other on the forums because both of us are here in good faith. We are not here to undermine the game just to try to get back at each other.

If you see Aesorn arguing my position you can just ignore them as they are being disingenuous because they are really hurt.

For the FoV argument, 110 FoV is a normal FoV. It is allowed across games because monitors and how far people sit away from a monitor is not the game. A 103 FoV to me looks squished and not normal because I sit close to my screen and have a big curved monitor. It reduces the ability for me to become immersed into the game and provides a bad experience for me and other players.

Every game I play I set FoV to 110 despite if higher FoV is allowed. Its about making sure every game has the same base line of 2k resolution with 110 FoV so when I go play another game I dont have to change my aiming muscle memory due to the change in FoV.

FoV also has other bonus's to game player like how it makes it feels like yours and other chars move faster. Makes the game less boring when you feel like you are zooming around but you are still moving at the same speed.

• Sad

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Aesorn is here in bad faith, If my position was opposite of what it is now they would be arguing that 110 FoV was great. They are just really upset with me.

Look at Technique who I am enemies with but we can like and agree with each other on the forums because both of us are here in good faith. We are not here to undermine the game just to try to get back at each other.

If you see Aesorn arguing my position you can just ignore them as they are being disingenuous because they are really hurt.

For the FoV argument, 110 FoV is a normal FoV. It is allowed across games because monitors and how far people sit away from a monitor is not the game. A 103 FoV to me looks squished and not normal because I sit close to my screen and have a big curved monitor. It reduces the ability for me to become immersed into the game and provides a bad experience for me and other players.

Every game I play I set FoV to 110 despite if higher FoV is allowed. Its about making sure every game has the same base line of 2k resolution with 110 FoV so when I go play another game I dont have to change my aiming muscle memory due to the change in FoV.

FoV also has other bonus's to game player like how it makes it feels like yours and other chars move faster. Makes the game less boring when you feel like you are zooming around but you are still moving at the same speed.

I personally think they should set it so you can set it from 80-120 FOV. If you want to run a wider FOV at the loss of frame rates thats up to you. I honestly dont see a HUGE advantage to it. Not like that 20deg on eitherside is going to give you a HUGE advantage in a fight.

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
I personally prefer higher FOV settings just because it reduces Motion sickness. I can understand the argument against high FOV though. The difference between 103 - 110 is pretty debatable. I vote 110 but I would not be happy with 130.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I personally think they should set it so you can set it from 80-120 FOV. If you want to run a wider FOV at the loss of frame rates thats up to you. I honestly dont see a HUGE advantage to it. Not like that 20deg on eitherside is going to give you a HUGE advantage in a fight.
Its mostly preference of the player and what type of monitor they have. In shooter games Lower FoV streches out the model making them easier to hit but tunnel visions you. Old csgo pros did low square resolutions for a advanatage.
Modern outlook is raise your FoV so you are not tunnel vision and just develope better aiming skills to hit the smaller targets higher FoV creates.

The human FoV is average 180 not 110 even. Based on how close the screen is to you is what FoV is normal. Like TV consols where you sit on a couch 8-10feet away, the FoV of those games is 60 to 80. While PC games on monitors usually 1-2 feet away it is much higher.

The only reason we have a low fov in mo2 is because some people said that some of the screenshots looked fisheyed.

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
Talking about someones guild is like making a personal attack, it bares no merit to the topic at hand. Regardless of your opinion of the person it does not invalidate their opinion.

I believe FoV 110 is fine, I enjoy 100 myself. If there are gameplay implications for it than we have a conversation. I however have no idea if this is a good idea or not, though

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Talking about someones guild is like making a personal attack, it bares no merit to the topic at hand. Regardless of your opinion of the person it does not invalidate their opinion.

I believe FoV 110 is fine, I enjoy 100 myself. If there are gameplay implications for it than we have a conversation. I however have no idea if this is a good idea or not, though
He came here to attack me first off. Only reason for his opinion is that the opposite had my name attached. Its a long history of him just being irrationally upset with me over saying that mages were strong when we was crying for mage buffs in the past.

• Sad

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Personally I think it's nonsense to imagine that first person games with a certain FoV have the highest skill-cap.

First of all, there are plenty of competitive games that have very high skill-caps which are not first person, period. Isometric, 2D fighters, third person, etc. etc...

The only question when it comes to skill-cap & fairness/competition is not about what viewpoint is used, but rather whether everyone is using the same parameters or not. If everyone is competing with the same parameters/configurations, skill-cap will be affected very little by what point of view the game chooses to use. In theory it might affect metas and what skills or weapons are best in extreme scenarios, but I highly doubt it would be considerable, and regardless that's not going to make it less competitive.

If you actually wanted the competition to be as fair as possible, you'd get SV to slow down combat again to alleviate latency, force everybody to use the same FoV, and force only 1 system of combat for swinging/blocking. Everyone being able to compete at a higher FoV meta aint gonna do shit lmao

I'm personally fine with current FoV, just thought it was pretty inane to imply that the PvP would be 'easy-mode' and less competitive by increasing FoV.

Last edited:

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
It's funny Tzone is acting like I am here only in "bad faith". I have argued against raising FOV to what he suggested in the past which from what I recall was even way higher then 110. It's just sad that I haven't logged on the forums since LAUNCH and he's still crying 24/7 about the same stuff he was 8 months ago. If you tune into Henrik's weekly twitch chat you will also see that spammed with Tzone complaining and this has been like this since early beta and never stops. Not my fault he just happens to have tons of opinions I totally disagree with...we are just opposite people I guess. It's nice to be the person who isn't drooling on his keyboard all day though I gotta admit.