Returning to beta population numbers but with out the beta community.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
You do realize that those are scientific facts and not uncle Joe's opinions that you can argue?

You can easily google and get scientific papers with accurate numbers and diagrams, various tests and experiments have been made through the years and are all there. This is the first that came up with a 10 second search, but you can find more and more recent if you just look for it.
I hope "sitting in front of your TV and watch a movie" is not the best you can do.

"In the silent film era, filmmakers shot movies between 16 and 20fps, which was why the motion appeared fast and jerky. Today, filmmakers typically shoot video at a minimum of 24fps because this is believed to be the lowest frame rate required to make motion appear natural to the human eye. "

• Angry
Reactions: AidanKyros

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
Dude please, i'm linking scientific researches and you link me a fucking website about movies? Are you stupid or just trolling? I don't care what you think, you are free to believe earth is flat and human eye can't see more than 24 frame per second, it's ok for me, but please don't spread those bullshits.
End of the discussion for me, enjoy your ignorance, Homo Habilis.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Dude please, i'm linking scientific researches and you link me a fucking website about movies? Are you stupid or just trolling? I don't care what you think, you are free to believe earth is flat and human eye can't see more than 24 frame per second, it's ok for me, but please don't spread those bullshits.
End of the discussion for me, enjoy your ignorance, Homo Habilis.

That website about movies, is sighting science behind the reason for the speeds of the motion picture. But I guess science can only come from one source.

• Angry

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
That website about movies, is sighting science behind the reason for the speeds of the motion picture. But I guess science can only come from one source.
Correct!
This is science: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826883/figure/F2/
This is bullshit: https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-frame-rates-affect-film-and-video#what-is-frame-rate

You probably don't notice any difference, and i'm not even surprised about that, but it's for the kids at home.

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020

"In the silent film era, filmmakers shot movies between 16 and 20fps, which was why the motion appeared fast and jerky. Today, filmmakers typically shoot video at a minimum of 24fps because this is believed to be the lowest frame rate required to make motion appear natural to the human eye. "
If you fought on 24 fps against competent players, you'd get farmed like a bush pig.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Iam always amazed at how bad this game runs performance wise. This doesnt feel like next gen graphics... It feels like next gen clutter spam with every unnecessary option enabled to make geme luk pretty and let new graphics card carry it instead of optimising the game. I mean... Seriously... The only way for this game to run better is relying Not on SV to optimize but getting a card that can carry their mess and hope for UE5 nanite system to solve something. Even though the later one would require SV to do a little bit manual work so i wouldnt count on that...

But thats what you get when just shopping for the pretty stuff on unreal asset store, inconsisten.optimisation. Some areas run okay some bad some utterly garbage and making scenery without keeping performance in mind (mk>toxai valles) does t se to help.either.
yeah the last thing I feel is immersed in the graphics when they are choppy and a slide show to my perception. When I play PS2 which has far larger and better performing battles then this game I feel farm more immersed playing that game with potato graphics settings.
Main thing right now is the lighting makes me turn my head away from the screen which is not very immersive when I cant even look at the game with out hurting my eyes as they try to adjust to the unnatural lighting. Cant even play the game right now with how it is. Turning down the gama and turning on the night mode only helps for short periods.

More frames = more immersive.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
True. There is a reason why I lock my frame rates at 60. If it stays within 10 of that I dont notice any change.
Show us your PvP videos. Like I only know of two really good players who lock at 60 and they are 60 frames always. The other multiple dozen players I know of who are the top players of the game all have higher FPS.

Theres a few good players playing at 60 FPS yeah, just like there are a few good players who are Australian. Those are the exceptions.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Show us your PvP videos. Like I only know of two really good players who lock at 60 and they are 60 frames always. The other multiple dozen players I know of who are the top players of the game all have higher FPS.

Theres a few good players playing at 60 FPS yeah, just like there are a few good players who are Australian. Those are the exceptions.

I lock my frame rates because my GPU is older and I am trying not to spend money on a stupidly overpriced GPU right now. And the second reason is I dont have to go above 60fps. I dont need to post videos to prove a damn thing to you or anyone.

• Angry

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I lock my frame rates because my GPU is older and I am trying not to spend money on a stupidly overpriced GPU right now. And the second reason is I dont have to go above 60fps. I dont need to post videos to prove a damn thing to you or anyone.
well from the post you have made so far no one gives you any though anymore. Like we are just trying to be cordial to you but you keep acting a fool.

Like some random person tells 60 FPS is like Henrik telling us you dont need more then 40 frames to play mo2. You are going contrary to all standard logic when it comes to FPS and are trying to speak from some authority on the subject.

Like who are you, why does your statement of it being fine weigh at all. Like all you have done is say somehting that most people know not to be true regarding FPS and then refuse to show us how well you do.

IDK why you are getting defensive about locking your frames at 60. I lock my frames at 60 now too because my GPU isnt cutting it but its not a super old one. Doesnt mean I get 60 frames all the time. I would rather have 120 frames with potato graphics because the smoother game feels better and its harder to notice the frames.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
well from the post you have made so far no one gives you any though anymore. Like we are just trying to be cordial to you but you keep acting a fool.

Like some random person tells 60 FPS is like Henrik telling us you dont need more then 40 frames to play mo2. You are going contrary to all standard logic when it comes to FPS and are trying to speak from some authority on the subject.

Like who are you, why does your statement of it being fine weigh at all. Like all you have done is say somehting that most people know not to be true regarding FPS and then refuse to show us how well you do.

IDK why you are getting defensive about locking your frames at 60. I lock my frames at 60 now too because my GPU isnt cutting it but its not a super old one. Doesnt mean I get 60 frames all the time. I would rather have 120 frames with potato graphics because the smoother game feels better and its harder to notice the frames.

I am not the one who just debunked my whole argument with insults. Not getting defensive just stating I dont have to post a video to prove anything to you. If you consider that defensive, I feel for you because you're in for a world of hurt when the real world gets to you.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
24h-average down to about 800 players. Sub has not even started yet :censored:

Well.. We also havent had a meaningful patch in weeks. Oh sure bounty hunting but that was a fart in a hurricane level of content.

The real meat and potatoes patch, Siege, is still god knows where. When that comes out I am sure we will have a spike to about 1500-2000 players again... but after about 30 days of small guilds getting booted off the map and the crap graveyard camping groups being forced back to obscurity you will see a drop to about an average of 1000-1200 players.

Reactions: Jatix

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
For movies 24fps has been one of the standard values till today because its enough for animating a sequence. It's said 30-60 fps is the most a human eye can see then wonder why 120fps is advertised for gaming industry when it seems a scam.
For that we need to understand how fps are created in games, the fps loss and Hz rating of diaplays.
Some games feel more or less realistic and dinamic depending on their FPS and FPS loss, which is why some games that are poorly optimized and even tho they do reach 120fps they still feel choppy and unreal.
A higher FPS compensates how big is the FPS drop. It wouldnt be the same to experience FPS loss with 30-60 or 120 FPS in a game.
But then again, a game thats really optimized and has little FPS loss could feel absolutly fluent with 30fps or even less.
A game with 120fps could still feel choppy just like mortal.

24h-average down to about 800 players. Sub has not even started yet :censored:
Imagine when subs start a lot of people Will Start playing again and help.this wonderfull indie company

• Haha
Reactions: ElPerro

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
the unfortunate part is people actually want ecumenical to be better but henrik says that if one person doesnt want mage to be better than its where it should be because people disagree so there for it must be perfect right?.... i wanto play so bad ive been waiting for this game for so long to play the uo style mage in better graphics however henrik doesnt put 2+2 together , in UO people auto attacked eachother and there was a %hit chance depending on your weapon skill mages who had wrestleing and anatomy gained a defense chance increase in the form of a miss... you cant do that in this game... mages need somthing to be solo and fun. i have alot of ideas and great suggestions but they arent taken seriously and when i post one i get some thursar foot soldier crying about it. faster casting times / one handed casting / staff magic / moveing while casting. like cant we try?

ANNNND another thing , Henrik keep referring to mages as a person who uses all magic types.......

i feel like ecumenical is a mage / Necro = Necromancer but for some reason he cant seperate that in his head.(no offense henrik u is aight)
but i dont wanto hafto play a necro mancer to survive as a "mage" forcing me to not feel immersed in the charecter i would like to play by playing some other type of charecter is lame it doesnt fit my "charecter lore" feels bad.

Staff magic could really save ecumenical tho.. if all spells are castable while holding a staff or even if you had 100 blocking you could one hand spells for half damage/heal , but then movement would need to be added.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
More and more beta players keep leaving.

The hardest bug resitent players who play through the most broken patches, no pesistance, and less content. Have continuously been leaving the game. People who have been playing since combat alphas every month no long playing.

The flavor of the month players keep funneling in and out and the persistance players are slowly leaving as well.

I wonder what excuses are being made to say that everything will be alright? Keep removing PvP content without adding non PvP reasons to play.

Every new big bug bleeds off flavor of the month players to different games becsuse they are not invested.

Keep banning people who are giving feedback on the discord, making reasons to ignore feedback from critics needing the game to survive. Keep pushing a us vs them mentality PvPers and non PvPers which splits the community. Pretty much ignoring all the warning signs of the game collapsing. How many times have we been ignored like when we warned about keeps day one were ignored and henrik said it didnt matter.

Just horrible missmanagment of the game which wont change because the decision makers refuse to admit fault or look inwards for the reasons of why the game isnt doing hot. As soon as they realize that they were not correct they can start making better decisions.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
the unfortunate part is people actually want ecumenical to be better but henrik says that if one person doesnt want mage to be better than its where it should be because people disagree so there for it must be perfect right?.... i wanto play so bad ive been waiting for this game for so long to play the uo style mage in better graphics however henrik doesnt put 2+2 together , in UO people auto attacked eachother and there was a %hit chance depending on your weapon skill mages who had wrestleing and anatomy gained a defense chance increase in the form of a miss... you cant do that in this game... mages need somthing to be solo and fun. i have alot of ideas and great suggestions but they arent taken seriously and when i post one i get some thursar foot soldier crying about it. faster casting times / one handed casting / staff magic / moveing while casting. like cant we try?

ANNNND another thing , Henrik keep referring to mages as a person who uses all magic types.......

i feel like ecumenical is a mage / Necro = Necromancer but for some reason he cant seperate that in his head.(no offense henrik u is aight)
but i dont wanto hafto play a necro mancer to survive as a "mage" forcing me to not feel immersed in the charecter i would like to play by playing some other type of charecter is lame it doesnt fit my "charecter lore" feels bad.

Staff magic could really save ecumenical tho.. if all spells are castable while holding a staff or even if you had 100 blocking you could one hand spells for half damage/heal , but then movement would need to be added.
I feel like ecu is very strong but I share the hate of henriks logic with balancing where if the data shows people play it despite if those people actually know how to play the game or are competent PvPers. And how if people disagree then it should be good. The fence sitter middle man is the worse mental attitude to have.

Staff magic gets its own spells school. For ecumenical you would prob still need to swap the weapon away.