Reroll in Heaven.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Players in Heaven could be allowed to reroll few time without loosing their stats,skills and items.

Some players will have zero knowledge about basic mechanics of the game when they try MO2 for the first time.
They may stay in the heaven for couple of weeks getting to know the community and familiarize with all basic systems.
Being able to adjust character without being punished by deleting their accomplishments could be nice gesture and get new players
smoother start when they join open world.

If we are nice to the new players we have more of them to kill:)

Last edited:

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
I don't think it would hurt, but over the lifetime of MO2 and the opportunities people would have to reroll it's a drop in the ocean. An infinite number of new mechanics, tweaks and changes could impact clade balance and not one person on Myrland is going to be able to reroll their clade when that happens so allowing this early on might send the wrong message.

People might pick based on what they want to excel at now, end up with a really lopsided clade only to get clade envy when some new content comes along that they really love but their character sucks at, and knowing the type of advice given in help chat, it's highly likely people are going to be influenced to make very specific builds which might not correlate to their long term enjoyment of the game.

What the hell though right we can all delete and restart as often or as little as we want, Haven or no Haven!

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I don't think it would hurt, but over the lifetime of MO2 and the opportunities people would have to reroll it's a drop in the ocean. An infinite number of new mechanics, tweaks and changes could impact clade balance and not one person on Myrland is going to be able to reroll their clade when that happens so allowing this early on might send the wrong message.

People might pick based on what they want to excel at now, end up with a really lopsided clade only to get clade envy when some new content comes along that they really love but their character sucks at, and knowing the type of advice given in help chat, it's highly likely people are going to be influenced to make very specific builds which might not correlate to their long term enjoyment of the game.

What the hell though right we can all delete and restart as often or as little as we want, Haven or no Haven!
reroll tokens are always an option.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Buff the Human Race. Most new Players will pick the Human Race, becuase it looks the best. They should not regret it.

Ogmir can get up to 300 Life. Thursar Kurite can get up to 35 Damage Bonus. Human should get more Skillpoints. He should not have such a high Damage Bonus as the Thursar Krite, but should at least get 121 STR to be able to make Mounted Combat.

I had a long Thread where Player discussed, if it would be a good idea to add 50 more Skillpoints to the game, but the players was concerned that this lead to balance problems. Maybe give him Skillpoints, that not effect Balance, in Skills most Character not gonna Skill, such as for excample the Skill Swimming. Maybe swimming should not require Endurence, if you play a human, or something like that. If Sv would give him Skillpoints in another Category, that is used by a lot of Chracters, Full Fighters or mages could use Pets, and this would not be good.

This could make the Survival Build possible.

1.Axe or Hammer 100
2. Endurence 50
3.Sprinting 100
4.Combat manouvering 100
5. Resist Swimming 50
7.Anatomy 100
8.Armor trainning 100
9.Heavy armor trainning 67
10. Survival 50 Blocking 58
11.Controlled Riding 100
12.Mounted combat 80
13. Balance 100
14. Creature Controll 45

The CHracter have some Drawbacks, no agressive Stance, no defencive Stance, low Blocking and no secondary Weaponskill, but can do some Moutned Combat, can also fight on Foot, and can escape in the Water, if you get outnumbered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zbuciorn

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Buff the Human Race. Most new Players will pick the Human Race, becuase it looks the best. They should not regret it.

Ogmir can get up to 300 Life. Thursar Kurite can get up to 35 Damage Bonus. Human should get more Skillpoints. He should not have such a high Damage Bonus as the Thursar Krite, but should at least get 121 STR to be able to make Mounted Combat.

I had a long Thread where Player discussed, if it would be a good idea to add 50 more Skillpoints to the game, but the players was concerned that this lead to balance problems. Maybe give him Skillpoints, that not effect Balance, in Skills most Character not gonna Skill, such as for excample the Skill Swimming. Maybe swimming should not require Endurence, if you play a human, or something like that. If Sv would give him Skillpoints in another Category, that is used by a lot of Chracters, Full Fighters or mages could use Pets, and this would not be good.

This could make the Survival Build possible.

1.Axe or Hammer 100
2. Endurence 50
3.Sprinting 100
4.Combat manouvering 100
5. Resist Swimming 50
7.Anatomy 100
8.Armor trainning 100
9.Heavy armor trainning 67
10. Survival 50 Blocking 58
11.Controlled Riding 100
12.Mounted combat 80
13. Balance 100
14. Creature Controll 45

The CHracter have some Drawbacks, no agressive Stance, no defencive Stance, low Blocking and no secondary Weaponskill, but can do some Moutned Combat, can also fight on Foot, and can escape in the Water, if you get outnumbered.
The first character I build in MO1 was human,tall as me in real life and the same age as me.It was mediocre build:)
I would love to be a human foot warrior because I do not like fantasy much.In the game this race may be limited to very specific roles which can only work for advanced players.