Requesting Diplomatic Contact with KOTO Guild

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
No one has seen your emperor. The god Soldeus is a powerful deity, be careful with your words. His wrath can fall on you at any moment
To play Malturns advocate here.
No one has seen your god mylord. Even my ancient family predates the origin of your god Sol Deus, copying the holy warming Sunna that came before him.

Please Lord Ibarruri, dont condemn others when you yourself follows the cult teachings of the first King of the Duchy of Wessex when their fleet reached the shores of Myrland and brought with them the tales of Sol Deus.

Head Tax Collector,
ThaBadMan.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Very interesting read. As a Sidoian warrior, I sit back in Mohki breaking bread with Khurite villagers who smoke pipe weed, eat fresh fruit and flavorful rice. The women are dexterious and dance naked by the fire like the Sarduccan Priestesses of old. They have offered their homeland to me and my Noble Ones. While I sip this brewed tea, I praise the sagacity to be in a Province free from Tindremic politics.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
To play Malturns advocate here.
No one has seen your god mylord. Even my ancient family predates the origin of your god Sol Deus, copying the holy warming Sunna that came before him.

Please Lord Ibarruri, dont condemn others when you yourself follows the cult teachings of the first King of the Duchy of Wessex when their fleet reached the shores of Myrland and brought with them the tales of Sol Deus.

Head Tax Collector,
ThaBadMan.
(Don't mind me if I point out that original Soldeus was an example of syncretism, in a sense which you're not going to get rid of in a game with a lore foundation like this one; c.f. the "No-God:"Principle. Conceptually, the people of Nave create gods by belief in them. That observation is mostly for @Ibarruri, not you, ThabadMan. You're just RPing. )

The rest is also parenthetical:

The second part is for everyone interested in the meta-history of the religion of Soldeus: it is not and was not the teaching of the Duke of Wessex,"Manus Dei", lest anyone confuse him with Malachi, the first & only King of (the Kingdom of) Wessex, and likewise of the Brood Isles, et cetera, in the first Mortal Online game. The Duck, er, Duke, lastly declared it heresy in a fit of pique, which was comical in view of the fact that he only logged in AFK to MO1 once, for no more than 45 minutes, to macro riding a horse in a circle in Moh'ki while likewise not speaking to anyone so far as we know. But he's 'assumed' to be in charge of whatever religion a guild headed by him comes up with WHEN (if?) they ever show up in MO2 (just not the one that Ibarruri is using. That belongs to others and really always did.

Again: By "it", I mean the in-game religion — the Church of Soldeus in Nave — which @Ibarruri follows; it was authored by Malachi (who no longer plays or pays any mind to Star Vault games, apparently) and me (and I don't play again, yet, as you may know). It was followed by multiple parties in Mortal Online 1, not confined to a single guild., and existed independently long after the departure of Wessex.​
You can bet the farm on the fact that we took Sunna (the planet & deity) into account (as far as we could) due to the fact that most of the active upper ranks of Wessex chose — originally — to roll Kallards (i.e. Kaylem Sothenic, head of the family to which my characters Laylah & Casilda belonged) They were basically, as we the original authors envisaged them, Tindremenes & Tindremised Kallards who'd been on their own for a long, long time. They did not arrive 'in a ship'. Any such guild-lore belongs to some other guild / religion, not ours, or to your inaccurate imagination. If you're trying to talk about actual history of players creating things, then please have the courtesy to not god-mode your OOC explanations.​
The original religion of the first guild named Duchy of Wessex, and designed with Darkfall in mind, was made up by some long-gone members of the DoW and the Duck. It was never seen in any Mortal Online game. It had a solar deity named Auros, and a canon that wouldn't have fit into the Mortal Online game-world (Nave) nor with the well-meant but scanty world lore supplied by Star Vault back in ~2009. It should not be conflated with our writing, nor substituted for it in any faulty recollection or confabulation.​
Carry on, please, gentlemen.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
(Don't mind me if I point out that original Soldeus was an example of syncretism, in a sense which you're not going to get rid of in a game with a lore foundation like this one; c.f. the "No-God:"Principle. Conceptually, the people of Nave create gods by belief in them. That observation is mostly for @Ibarruri, not you, ThabadMan. You're just RPing. )

The rest is also parenthetical:

The second part is for everyone interested in the meta-history of the religion of Soldeus: it is not and was not the teaching of the Duke of Wessex,"Manus Dei", lest anyone confuse him with Malachi, the first & only King of (the Kingdom of) Wessex, and likewise of the Brood Isles, et cetera, in the first Mortal Online game. The Duck, er, Duke, lastly declared it heresy in a fit of pique, which was comical in view of the fact that he only logged in AFK to MO1 once, for no more than 45 minutes, to macro riding a horse in a circle in Moh'ki while likewise not speaking to anyone so far as we know. But he's 'assumed' to be in charge of whatever religion a guild headed by him comes up with WHEN (if?) they ever show up in MO2 (just not the one that Ibarruri is using. That belongs to others and really always did.

Again: By "it", I mean the in-game religion — the Church of Soldeus in Nave — which @Ibarruri follows; it was authored by Malachi (who no longer plays or pays any mind to Star Vault games, apparently) and me (and I don't play again, yet, as you may know). It was followed by multiple parties in Mortal Online 1, not confined to a single guild., and existed independently long after the departure of Wessex.​
You can bet the farm on the fact that we took Sunna (the planet & deity) into account (as far as we could) due to the fact that most of the active upper ranks of Wessex chose — originally — to roll Kallards (i.e. Kaylem Sothenic, head of the family to which my characters Laylah & Casilda belonged) They were basically, as we the original authors envisaged them, Tindremenes & Tindremised Kallards who'd been on their own for a long, long time. They did not arrive 'in a ship'. Any such guild-lore belongs to some other guild / religion, not ours, or to your inaccurate imagination. If you're trying to talk about actual history of players creating things, then please have the courtesy to not god-mode your OOC explanations.​
The original religion of the first guild named Duchy of Wessex, and designed with Darkfall in mind, was made up by some long-gone members of the DoW and the Duck. It was never seen in any Mortal Online game. It had a solar deity named Auros, and a canon that wouldn't have fit into the Mortal Online game-world (Nave) nor with the well-meant but scanty world lore supplied by Star Vault back in ~2009. It should not be conflated with our writing, nor substituted for it in any faulty recollection or confabulation.​
Carry on, please, gentlemen.
Damn you for noticing all the details :LOL: