Remove reagents from vendors

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Spellbooks should be like other weapons, where they degrade and drop on death, with good spells or higher damage numbers from good ones. Then reagents being cheap will be fine.

And then they need to do some things to make mage more viable at PVE.

If they create a wand/staff, that has a projectile left click attack (scaled appropriately), which is also required for casting this would accomplish what you've said, and I would totally be for something like this. The ability to left click a projectile that could be used while moving or in between parrying would make pve more similar to what FF do currently. (Obviously if its a wand you'd have to have a shield to parry)

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Better spells already require more expensive regs though. Like jadeite and cuprum. I don't mind some basic spells being cheap to cast.
i wouldnt mind if the basic spells didnt do half your hp in one shot for 20 copper.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Mages buying their reagents isn't the issue. Mage is just designed questionably, and needs a real rework to its risk v reward.

Mage sucks at pve. Mage does huge damage in pvp, while needing 0 gear and a couple silver in reagents. Its just stupid. But that needs a big rework to be fixed. Spellbooks should be like other weapons, where they degrade and drop on death, with good spells or higher damage numbers from good ones. Then reagents being cheap will be fine.

And then they need to do some things to make mage more viable at PVE.
like how it was in UO, drop your book and regs on death. If youre a mage and wont kill a pig with a dagger for a tiny amount of silver to get back in the game, then you shouldnt be a mage.