Votes: 34 73.9%
  • no

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • results

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Why, because its cancer and makes the game less fun. It only allows a dude on a blue alt to spawn repeatedly to grief other people by pulling mobs on them.
You have griefers just constantly making dungeons unfun because of this priest at dungeon issue.

One of this games worse changes and absolutely counter effective in its purpose. Any reasonable player of the game understands its issues and would have removed them by now if they could.

Even after you fight another guild in the dungeon and kill them, if they respawn you just sit there killing them are the priest or delete their gear. It helps really no one but makes the whole fighting at dungeons cancer for everyone because you will have naked blue scouts pulling mobs onto your group or checking for people to gank.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I doubt its gonna happen. If they don't see its been such a major issue at launch, it really shows they have no idea whats going on in their game. Having a bound shortsword is also a major issue. When you die you should lose it, and you have to buy it again at a town vendor for 1 silver.

WishfulThinking

May 28, 2022
You can have one naked guy with a bound sword kill EVERY SINGLE HORSE outside while you do nothing. Why not get smart about it and make it an equerry instead of a priest? I shouldn't have to make a house with an equerry at every dungeon either!

Reactions: Tzone

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You can have one naked guy with a bound sword kill EVERY SINGLE HORSE outside while you do nothing. Why not get smart about it and make it an equerry instead of a priest? I shouldn't have to make a house with an equerry at every dungeon either!
I'd say there should be a bank and an equerry near every red priest. The map got bigger since MO1 and the design needs to account for that. We can't all have 10 accounts with a house in every corner of the map. And yeah equerries near dungeons would be great.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Or they can make dungeons grey areas. Should still move the priests farther away. But then at least someone can sit at the priest and just spawn kill the nakeds and cant get MC's. The point in the shit priest placement is so that bad nubs trying to farm that die can get back to their stuff. But it has too many issues and should just be removed.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This would be a good idea. I would have it like 3 mins away on foot instead of right outside the enemy base.

Makes no lore sense that the risars tolerate the preist that resses their enimies.

One of the things that makes dungeons unfun is horses. babysitting them, having risars attack them if you go grey by accident or by defending yourself.

Having equrries would actually make dungeon runs more possible for more of the player base then having greif preist outside them.

Which makes no lore sense.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Or they can make dungeons grey areas. Should still move the priests farther away. But then at least someone can sit at the priest and just spawn kill the nakeds and cant get MC's. The point in the shit priest placement is so that bad nubs trying to farm that die can get back to their stuff. But it has too many issues and should just be removed.
Most of the time its a vet on a blue alt that leads risars onto a grouo of noobs, then loots the noobs gear before leaving.

Its more of a hinderance to noobs trying to do dungeons because of the greif preist.

Reactions: Jatix

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I would prefer there not be ANY priests near dungeons.

Also, if you get wiped at a dungeon, there should be time for the victors to actually be able to get out and leave if they want to. The risar dungeon for example is just stupidly long. Its a bunch of copy paste with the same mobs to give it a feeling of "difficulty?" i guess. It makes it far to easy to for zerglings to gather outside since there is only one way in/out.

Its really bad design imo. Usually always gives the losers a second chance to come back with more numbers.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
As a blue player I believe all priests in the wild should be red priests. It makes zero sense to have a blue priest at Jungle Camp or in the middle of nowhere.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
As a blue player I believe all priests in the wild should be red priests. It makes zero sense to have a blue priest at Jungle Camp or in the middle of nowhere.
Having a red priest inside jungle camp was aids. Again, there shouldn't be any priest that close to a town or camp. At least not as long as we have bound shortswords. Players will grief the shit out of you after you kill them.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The camps should have two red preist located a minute or two away from the camp on foot.

this prevents the need for people holding the camp from having to spawn camp every random also allows the randoms to spawn and go do something.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yea I mean... I'm not a smart man... haha, nah but nothing beats PAPER if you are thinking about something. Draw a diagram, write down pros and cons, etc. Some of these things just should be done away with ASAP. The fact there isn't a decent res timer is surprising, but pulling mobs onto people has been a thing, even in non pvp MMOs just for luls. Shit people did that back in Guild Wars 1 haha. Cuz strong mobs = deth. The whole idea of a good dungeon is having to pull precisely and having nubs running around aggroing everything messes it up. Didn't take dudes long to realize if you said something about them nuking the wrong guy or whatever that they would just be like O YEAH? - pulls mobs -

Allowing what is basically an exploit (people do this even @ jungle camp w/ those pumas or w/e) is sad. It's pretty sad to have people ressing to keep fighting, too. Re: EQ, yeah in some ways, but in other ways, it seems like they should fix it so that you don't always NEED a mount. There should be some way you know? Even if it's something stupid like a cart. Taking mounts into a dungeon is just bg in general, even now that mobs don't aggro on them. The fact that a mount is so valuable, I mean it's way too easy to just pick it off. Any naked w/ a wss can kill a mount.

I still don't dislike the bound sword tho, but I think it should be very nerfed for pvp. It's cool that some people are good enough to win w/ a short sword in pvp, but IN GENERAL, I don't think it's helping many people to be able to do decent dmg (mostly to pets in towns or w/e) w/ that.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Having a red priest inside jungle camp was aids. Again, there shouldn't be any priest that close to a town or camp. At least not as long as we have bound shortswords. Players will grief the shit out of you after you kill them.
Unguarded camps should 100% have red priests. Just like blue towns should have blue priests. There's not enough red towns as it is.

Obviously they just need to fix somethign else. Make you not spawn with a worn shortsword. Or like in MO1, spawn with no hp so you just die instantly. They could increase death sickness for criminals at red priests so they cant just keep spawning over and over.

Reactions: MolagAmur and Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The red preist change was one of the most backfiring changes to try and keep a population. You lost so much content and players from that while not gaining any worth while players who would put up with a sub or be active.

That was a huge drop in the population, and its crazy how out of touch the dev team is with the game, to where they defend the priest at dungeons but not red priest at a lawless camp. But you can have blue priest there for griefers to use.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Unguarded camps should 100% have red priests. Just like blue towns should have blue priests. There's not enough red towns as it is.

Obviously they just need to fix somethign else. Make you not spawn with a worn shortsword. Or like in MO1, spawn with no hp so you just die instantly. They could increase death sickness for criminals at red priests so they cant just keep spawning over and over.
Yeah I mean either way, we all agree on the issue I think.

Except for SV lel

Reactions: Jatix

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I think its just henrik who is out of touch.

I could have told you that. With such great comments as, "terror birds are completely balanced if you dont know how to kill a terror bird you're a noob." Or..

"Magic is completely balanced just wait till we get necromancy to make mages happy." (which addresses none of the issues with ecuminical magic being a joke solo or that mind blast being so under powered that it is completely useless in any situation.)

or the fact they still havent done fk all to address the issue of a person with no real skill in Archery doing as much damage as a person who has max skill in archery. Just because they happen to have 120+ strength? Dwarven longbowmen who'd a thunk it? kek.

Then there is the priest issue.

Reactions: Jatix and Rankor

Squish Alan

Jan 25, 2022
Why, because its cancer and makes the game less fun. It only allows a dude on a blue alt to spawn repeatedly to grief other people by pulling mobs on them.
You have griefers just constantly making dungeons unfun because of this priest at dungeon issue.

One of this games worse changes and absolutely counter effective in its purpose. Any reasonable player of the game understands its issues and would have removed them by now if they could.

Even after you fight another guild in the dungeon and kill them, if they respawn you just sit there killing them are the priest or delete their gear. It helps really no one but makes the whole fighting at dungeons cancer for everyone because you will have naked blue scouts pulling mobs onto your group or checking for people to gank.

If it gets removed the people who are doing this are just going to build a strong hold near said dungeons and run back on a horse and do the same thing. Only difference is now the new players who dont have that luxury will be punished instead of having the same advantage.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If it gets removed the people who are doing this are just going to build a strong hold near said dungeons and run back on a horse and do the same thing. Only difference is now the new players who dont have that luxury will be punished instead of having the same advantage.
Well instead of getting free infinite resurrects for greifing players which will also allow them to rep loss and murdercount their victims they now have a substantial investment that usually requires a group.

If they have to then spawn from a strong hold, its a farther walk to the dungeon, at least by a couple of minutes, they have to set the strong hold preist as home priest to use it which further locks down that account so they would have to ghost run to town if they needed that blue alt for other things instead of just chosing on a whem to go grief the dungeon, and now they can not murder count people unless they run to a town to spawn then suicide to spawn at the stronghold.

The greif priest outside dungeons allow low effort not cost greifing and exploiting of dungeons. A strong hold is a substantial cost which will bar most people or make it too costly to continue griefing the dungeon as a naked blue.

Most blue players cant do dungeons because blue greifer alts are pulling mobs onto them. You dont even get a good experience from the dungeon because its just groups griefing with mob pulls on each other.
Dungeons should be hard and challenging with risk and consequence anyways.
Like you said you can use a stronghold anyway if you want to have less consequences from dungeons.